• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Windows 7 experience 6.0 ?

Weird, my GTX 280 OC'd to 285 speeds gave me a graphics rating of 6.5 just now. WTF? Win7 RC1 64-bit.

lol...little bench is jacked up! I am sure we get some sort of update. Hard to complain about an OS that isnt even out yet :)
 
The windows experience Index is not just a benchmark but also runs a sort of check-list on your hardware and if it doesn't meet certain criteria it will artificially limit your score.

For example:
win7score.png


That was my score before I added an X1300 PCI card which I now use to handle my 3rd and 4th monitors. When I run the experience index now however, it sees the X1300 and the fact that the card only has 256megs of video ram and automatically it limits my GPU score to 6.0 even though that card doesn't handle any of my gaming. Another one I know of off hand is that if you only have 2GB of memory, it doesn't matter how fast that ram is it will automatically nerf your memory score.
 
The windows experience Index is not just a benchmark but also runs a sort of check-list on your hardware and if it doesn't meet certain criteria it will artificially limit your score.

[...edited for space...]

That was my score before I added an X1300 PCI card which I now use to handle my 3rd and 4th monitors. When I run the experience index now however, it sees the X1300 and the fact that the card only has 256megs of video ram and automatically it limits my GPU score to 6.0 even though that card doesn't handle any of my gaming. Another one I know of off hand is that if you only have 2GB of memory, it doesn't matter how fast that ram is it will automatically nerf your memory score.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Now I need to figure why a 8500gt would score higher then a 4350... I'm wondering if it is over the 64/128 bit bus difference?
 
Back
Top