windows 7 bootcamp counterfeit

amrogers3

Gawd
I installed Windows 7 on VMware. I then deleted the VMware files and then installed Windows 7 on my mac via Bootcamp. After about two weeks of it being installed on Bootcamp, #$@!^ windows is telling me my copy of windows is not genuine. It is genuine, I have the install CD and it is a legit copy.

I tried researching ways to fix but google failed me. Any ideas on how I can fix? I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident.

If you have a legit key, it should be as easy as reactivating it. Either use the GUI or the command line:

Code:
slgmr.vbs /ato

Sounds like you did the equivalent of swapping motherboards by porting your install from VMWare to Bootcamp...

if automatic authentication doesn't work, just call the automated activation phone line. It'll activate after they give you the confirmation number.

Thanks for the reponses, much appreciated. The problem is I don't have the actual key. It was an Enterprise Edition from work.

Since I don't have the actual key, do I need to put in a call to MS to resolve this issue?

Enterprise edition from work? Technically not legit. And you won't get far on phone activation without having a key already entered to generate a windows activation number..

IF your installation is legit you could connect to the KMS server from work and activate.

And no MS won't give you a key for an enterprise product.

BTW having an enterprise disk means nothing.

After 180 or so days, the OS will need to contact your enterprise's KMS server again to renew activation. If you cannot activate via the KMS server route, then you'll probably need to complete a repair install utilizing Pro or Ultimate and enter a valid key -> online activate.

Enterprise edition from work? Technically not legit. And you won't get far on phone activation without having a key already entered to generate a windows activation number..

This. My buddy's company got a pretty hefty fine because they let too many employees have the enterprise act key to take home. End users twins to feel entitled to having MS Office for free at home when they have it at work. When MS sees too many unique IP's hitting the same key they'll come knocking

Back