Windows 7 BETA Demo

For those of you with technet accounts, I just downloaded the x64 DVD in about 20 minutes. It's still moving wicked fast. I tried to grab it when it was placed on the 7th, and couldn't get through.

For those of you with technet accounts, I just downloaded the x64 DVD in about 20 minutes. It's still moving wicked fast. I tried to grab it when it was placed on the 7th, and couldn't get through.

My 90 day technet trail expired a couple months ago ><. Stupid server is busy..

Downloading at 600 KB/s. Yeeeahhh boooiiiii!

On another note... a critical update has already been released:

MP3 files
When MP3 files are added (either manually or automatically) to either the Windows Media Player or the Windows Media Center library, or if the file metadata is edited with Windows Explorer, several seconds of audio data may be permanently removed from the start of the file. This issue occurs when files contain thumbnails or other metadata of significant size before importing or editing them. To avoid this, take the following steps:

To protect your MP3 files
1. Before you install this Beta release, back up all MP3 files that might be accessed by the computer, including those on removable media or network shares.
2. Install the Beta release of Windows 7; then install this update (KB961367).

Most of us are dorks last time I checked, for the simple fact we like computers. I have no issue with that.

The tough guy muscle building forums are a few clicks away. Bring the baby oil.

At least this one made me laugh. :cool:

550y2g.jpg

thats as far as im getting :(

Downloading at 600 KB/s. Yeeeahhh boooiiiii!

On another note... a critical update has already been released:

MP3 files
When MP3 files are added (either manually or automatically) to either the Windows Media Player or the Windows Media Center library, or if the file metadata is edited with Windows Explorer, several seconds of audio data may be permanently removed from the start of the file. This issue occurs when files contain thumbnails or other metadata of significant size before importing or editing them. To avoid this, take the following steps:

To protect your MP3 files
1. Before you install this Beta release, back up all MP3 files that might be accessed by the computer, including those on removable media or network shares.
2. Install the Beta release of Windows 7; then install this update (KB961367).

Damn you!!! I can see it under my technet account but I can not download it. >< Back to refreshing...

I've gotten further than that to a blank loaded page with the title of continue after signing in with my Live account...

I've gotten further than that to a blank loaded page with the title of continue after signing in with my Live account...

shortly after i posted that SS i got the prompt to log into my live account too.....

and then another server too busy :)

i cannot get this thing to download. you think they already reached 2.5 million??

Hah, I don't think they reached 2.5M already, I just think they're having a bit of a capacity problem on the free for all server.

I have gotten all the way into my live account then it attempts to load the last part of the web page and i get server is too busy lol..

I've gotten to verifying my email account... Which was labelled in the email as the Final Step, so I feel I am close...

Error
The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please check back in the next business day.

D:

Error
The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please check back in the next business day.

I don't think so......

ohhh, ok im not jealous/impressed at all then :)

i'd be jealous of a general public guy getting to the download step... because that would be an insane combination of luck/skill

That link is on wikipedia also, but after logging in I get an ms error page..so I guess a few more hrs of waiting

I actually got thru to the dl, its mad slow tho

as for the girl in the vid

I'd fuck her... but would not brag about it ;)

Interesting. I'm still using XP, but with Systernals Desktops, GridMove and RocketDock to do the same productivity tools Win7 does.

Unfortunately my HP DesignJet 5000 becomes a boat anchor when I do upgrade to Vista and beyond. I love that machine. I also need to upgrade my KIP engineering printers to run Vista on the stations. In addition to ACAD and Quickbooks. Still no go in my company.

Personal box, maybe... I just got weened off of Win2k. I'm using it in VMware Server, but newer programs don't seem to like it.

So, the new features include:
- Faster resumes - ok, this is useful (and probably worth an "it's about damn time" comment)
- A way to manage too many IE windows, because you don't know how to used tabbed browsing
- An "outline" for windows so you can peek through to the desktop (minimizing to see the desktop is already present in XP and probably earlier versions). Of course, this one is on the RIGHT of the taskbar instead of the left... yay.
- A quick launch bar that's integrated to the taskbar (isn't this already on XP?!)
- "Snap to" which is a simpler version of right-clicking the taskbar, then selecting "Tile Windows Vertically". I imagine this could get very annoying if it does it "automatically" when I am shuffling windows around, so this will likely get turned off.
- Jump lists - ok, this could be useful

So, 2 new "features" (Jump lists and faster resumes) and 4 other useless items. Way to sell a product.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to operational improvements in Vista 2.0... I mean Windows 7... but this "ad" was pretty crappy.

I understand that quick launch bar has been modified to make it more "intuitive".

However, in this video they portray that pinning items to the task bar is something new and revolutionary. (otherwise they wouldn't have even wasted the time to tout it as a new feature of windows 7)

My point is, pinning items to the task bar has been around since Windows 95.

Anyone found any nvidia drivers that work? I'm unable to run games with 180.25s. This is for x64 btw

So, the new features include:
- Faster resumes - ok, this is useful (and probably worth an "it's about damn time" comment)
- A way to manage too many IE windows, because you don't know how to used tabbed browsing
- An "outline" for windows so you can peek through to the desktop (minimizing to see the desktop is already present in XP and probably earlier versions). Of course, this one is on the RIGHT of the taskbar instead of the left... yay.
- A quick launch bar that's integrated to the taskbar (isn't this already on XP?!)
- "Snap to" which is a simpler version of right-clicking the taskbar, then selecting "Tile Windows Vertically". I imagine this could get very annoying if it does it "automatically" when I am shuffling windows around, so this will likely get turned off.
- Jump lists - ok, this could be useful

So, 2 new "features" (Jump lists and faster resumes) and 4 other useless items. Way to sell a product.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to operational improvements in Vista 2.0... I mean Windows 7... but this "ad" was pretty crappy.

There is more features than visual you know.

I know Windows 7 has at least better memory management than Vista. There was a nice list when they had the developer's conference last year.

If Windows 7 can be running on slower systems than Vista, Windows 7 has to be more than visual upgrades....

Yeah getting the latest vista x64 drivers worked. I had to get the offical ones though.

I actually got thru to the dl, its mad slow tho

as for the girl in the vid

I'd fuck her... but would not brag about it ;)

umm she's probably just kinda a bit smart and well, I'd do her and then brag that my current conquest is a design person for Windows 7 with Microsoft.

bet the pay isn't bad either. upwardly mobile she is....

Back