Windows 7 64bit is not impressing me right now

I had a same problem some time ago. In my case it was memory timing. First try to decrease frequency to minimum and set timings to maximum, then run memtest, if stable, move it up a bit and try again...:rolleyes:

Why when something goes wrong with a built, or bad hardware happens, ppl inmediately blames WIndows??

That is the reason Windows has such a poor reputation. Windows gets the blame every time, even when it's just saying "Sorry, but this other application from a completely different company has crashed".

That is the reason Windows has such a poor reputation. Windows gets the blame every time, even when it's just saying "Sorry, but this other application from a completely different company has crashed".

Thank you, I keep telling people this the only reason Macs are so "stable" is because all the applications you run on it are made by Apple. They don't have 4 hundred billion different hardware configurations and 4 hundred billion different software configurations for them. I could promise that if Windows made all their own PCs and programs they would have a much lower "failure" rate.

Just blows my mind when someone just says "Windows sucks because my free application from some random company is crashing my computer." or "Windows sucks because some thrid party vendor gave me bad hardware."

A related example.....years ago intel recalled both the 1.2Ghz PIII and the 3.8Ghz P4 when they could not compile the kernel using 64 bit linux systems.

Not trying to pick nits, but there were no 64 bit p3's, but you are right that it was discovered via trying to compile a linux kernel with a p3. As far as I know the 3.8ghz p4 wasn't recalled, but probably should never have been sold with the heat it put out.

I dropped it off Monday 8/22.
Heard nothing all week.
Called today, whats the status of my system?
No call back.

Posted message on there website.
Here's reply:
8-29-20116-13-25PM-1.png

I specifically said to look at my reliability monitor, it's pinned to my start menu, all software/ service crashes are documented.

This could get ugly.

Call your credit card and begin a chargeback.

Never order from some place like avadirect or even cyberpower. Ever. Admiral Ackbar has sound advice here.

it isn't windows, it is something else on your system, likely drivers.

i have 37 Win 7 x64 boxes at work, various hardware, home systems, laptop and i can honestly say i have never had your issues.

we have 3 AMD tri core rigs at work on Asus boards, working fine.

I so agree with your thoughts~!

Thank you, I keep telling people this the only reason Macs are so "stable" is because all the applications you run on it are made by Apple. They don't have 4 hundred billion different hardware configurations and 4 hundred billion different software configurations for them. I could promise that if Windows made all their own PCs and programs they would have a much lower "failure" rate.

Just blows my mind when someone just says "Windows sucks because my free application from some random company is crashing my computer." or "Windows sucks because some thrid party vendor gave me bad hardware."

Imagine if MS made their OS with their apps? OH WAIT! they then had the EU up teir arse over monopolistic stuff...

funny how apple for so long gets away with including everything they want in their own OS but MS cant......

i think though last year the EU finally started hitting at Apple for it?

They tested my RAM and video with no issues. They said I have to much third party software installed. I have all the same software on my W7/32bit machine without issue. I understand its a different hardware configuration but I don't think its a software issue.

What good is a $1,000 machine I can't run any software on?

I don't know what to do now.

too much 3rd party apps?
Can they run the apps you listed as crashing in the first post without problem?
opera, explorer, outlook, commodo, sidebar, creative audio, dhcp client
explorer, sidebar and dhcp client arent 3rd party, creative audio they would have installed
Outlook should be easy for them to test..Id ditch Commodo and use MSE though

I did install a little bit too much crap at once. A new system I should install one program at a time and run it for a while, so I accept some of the blame.

Wait, have we reverted to suggesting the user shoot his PC? If so, should definitely try a 12 gauge. Maybe 7mm rem mag at the end of the range.

AVA might be monitoring this thread.

I'll pick my machine up tues or wed.

My money says it works flawlessly hereafter

Or it could be 870 fodder.:D

P1020551.jpg

Did you say that when you plug something into the USB port it causes your comp to restart? Sounds like your mobo is defective...I had the same issues when I had an ASUS board...though it was an M4A89GTD...constant BSODs and lockups. Switched to an MSI board and it all worked flawlessly

The top usb ports on the case, would lock up windows. I switched to a different header on the MB and that fixed it.

They tested my RAM and video with no issues. They said I have to much third party software installed. I have all the same software on my W7/32bit machine without issue. I understand its a different hardware configuration but I don't think its a software issue.

What good is a $1,000 machine I can't run any software on?

I don't know what to do now.
Sounds like AVA doesn't know what they're doing. Or.. they do and are assuming you're a stupid customer.

I had a problem with a machine I had on Windows 2008 R2 doing something similar. I put ESX on it as like the OP I prob blamed Windows to start with. In one of the ESX logs it was pumping out temperature warning messages. Turned out the heatsink had come away from the CPU just enough to cause instability. Windows event log didn't show me this - I never thought to check to see if there was a hardware monitor available for my motherboard. Maybe that is worth a try - see what the temps are.

I have to ask, am I the only one who has problems where if I run a game (TF2) and my windows in the taskbar using Aero (like I would have 3 windows of Windows Explorer up) and when I quit, all the windows as such would just constantly switch their order?

I know it's a bit off topic, but I didn't feel like making a new thread. Is there a way to fix this?

I have to ask, am I the only one who has problems where if I run a game (TF2) and my windows in the taskbar using Aero (like I would have 3 windows of Windows Explorer up) and when I quit, all the windows as such would just constantly switch their order?

I know it's a bit off topic, but I didn't feel like making a new thread. Is there a way to fix this?

What do you mean by "switch their order"?

The top usb ports on the case, would lock up windows. I switched to a different header on the MB and that fixed it.

then your mobo is likely defective, but AVA doesn't sound like they want to actually fix the issue, cause that would cost them time and money.

send them over to this thread!

What do you mean by "switch their order"?

I'll give you an example of how mine are laid out right now for Windows Explorer:

My Downloads - Anime - MST3K

And what happens when I come back from playing TF2, it would switch it to:

My Downloads - MST3K - Anime

And if I do it again from coming back without fixing them, it does this:

MST3K - My Downloads - Anime

Stuff like that. I also have 2 monitors.

is that in the order on the icon for the taskbar? Or are you talking about how the windows appear on the screen?

is that in the order on the icon for the taskbar? Or are you talking about how the windows appear on the screen?

Well since I'm using Windows 7 and with Aero, it looks like the windows when I select them, but when I play some games, it just switches the windows around all the time. I know it will even do it with Steam windows as well. No idea why it does it.

Well since I'm using Windows 7 and with Aero, it looks like the windows when I select them, but when I play some games, it just switches the windows around all the time. I know it will even do it with Steam windows as well. No idea why it does it.

That would likely be because your program is changing the mode to run fullscreen and the applications have no real way to return to their previous layout. You could always set the game to run in windowed mode. Some even support windowed fullscreen.

That would likely be because your program is changing the mode to run fullscreen and the applications have no real way to return to their previous layout. You could always set the game to run in windowed mode. Some even support windowed fullscreen.

No way to lock where the windows are in the task bar?

I don't know what you mean. If the windows are reordering in the taskbar, it could be a graphics driver crash, your system being overloaded, etc. I'm really not sure what you're seeing. Screenshots?

I don't know what you mean. If the windows are reordering in the taskbar, it could be a graphics driver crash, your system being overloaded, etc. I'm really not sure what you're seeing. Screenshots?

Then nevermind. I guess it's something I'd have to deal with?

Back