Windows 6.5

yeah I have android on it but not 6.5, I have alltel, do you know a good 6.5 rom, I would really like to try it... (only if it includes internet sharing...I use it exclusively for my internet connection.)

its hard to find one for the touch because every time I google "HTC touch roms 6.5" or something similer I just get touch pro, tp2, hd, hd2 results...

yeah I have android on it but not 6.5, I have alltel, do you know a good 6.5 rom, I would really like to try it... (only if it includes internet sharing...I use it exclusively for my internet connection.)

its hard to find one for the touch because every time I google "HTC touch roms 6.5" or something similer I just get touch pro, tp2, hd, hd2 results...

It's codename I believe is "Vogue."

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=389

I'm pretty happy with the latest Mighty Rom 6.5 on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro. It is way better than the stock rom, but I still want the TP2 for the larger screen.

Now if I could just get a Touch Pro 2 like phone with a 1Ghz processor I would be in heaven.

Wow very nice, I knew you could launch Android afterwards but dual booting would be pretty slick! I'll have to go back and check in on the TP2 port that's in progress.

It is a great way to get a taste of Android.

You put Android on the root of your SD card. You then run a .exe that loads Linux into memory and mounts the SD Card and removes Windows from memory so that Linux has completely taken over the phone as if it was cold booted to Linux.

So, when you are done with it, you hit reset and your phone is still flashed to the Windows ROM and all your data is still there. It's a pretty cool way to try it out without going thru the hassle of flashing it, and they are working on a flashable ROM for when they get it more stable.

If your SD Card is encrypted, don't use active sync to copy the files over, use Disk Drive mode so that they files won't be encrypted.

I'm pretty happy with the latest Mighty Rom 6.5 on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro. It is way better than the stock rom, but I still want the TP2 for the larger screen.

It is a very nice ROM, I just needed SD Card encryption and he removed that from the ROM. Yep that TP2 is tempting isn't it? I got to play around with my buddy's Moto Droid on Verizon and I tell ya, it's light years ahead of the TP2. Only snag is Verizon of course... if you got Sprint, it will be a hard pill to swallow on being charged more for the same or less.

My phone just did a hard reset on it's own. I am going have to go back to my stock Alltel ROM.

I had this issue on my TyTN II (AT&T Tilt) when I first flashed a 6.5 ROM, coming from 6.1.

Over at xda-developers, pretty much ALL 6.5.x rom cooks tell you to flash to a STOCK ROM before flashing another cooked ROM, or you will have this issue.

I'm enjoying 6.5.3 by jjblaster3 from xda-developers

Over at xda-developers, pretty much ALL 6.5.x rom cooks tell you to flash to a STOCK ROM before flashing another cooked ROM, or you will have this issue.

I've never heard that before, and I have had 3 winmo phones with cooked roms. Never ever heard that one before.

I used EnergyROM for the entire time I had my AT&T Fuze. It was amazing but I have since moved on to the HTC Magic and Android though.

I've never heard that before, and I have had 3 winmo phones with cooked roms. Never ever heard that one before.

I had the issue myself. And seen a multitude of other posts with the same issue.

although I guess I should have said "can have this issue" :p

Usually has something to do with an OEM ROM upgrade that the cooked ROMS are based on. That's the case with my Omnia. I'm happily running WinMo 6.5.3. A touch phone with touch UI. Who would have figured?

To those running windows 6.5 with a cooked ROM, what are you guys using?

Im using an older EnergyROM, 6.5 though, and I'd like to get a newer ROM, this one has been a little buggy..

Back