Windows 11 will run fine on older computers

thats the problem it doesnt list a source, so im asking for one. all the other links posted(#25) about this link back to the verges original claim. so do you have a legit ms statement?

Only from those links saying they talked to MS...I'm asking for a source where MS says its not true. I'll take some well known websites over anonymous posters claiming its all bullshit. It might be true and it might not. That is what I continually have been saying. Thank MS for the confusion. Interesting that MS would not deny some of these articles lately. Especially since they seem to be holding fast on the requirements and even making it harder on insiders.

Only from those links saying they talked to MS...I'm asking for a source where MS says its not true. I'll take some well known websites over anonymous posters claiming its all bullshit. It might be true and it might not. That is what I continually have been saying. Thank MS for the confusion. Interesting that MS would not deny some of these articles lately. Especially since they seem to be holding fast on the requirements and even making it harder on insiders.
i asked first, ages ago. so show me anywhere where it was actually ms saying it. its anonymous posters making the fucking claims! holy shit...
gotnorice was right, have at er, im done.

i asked first, ages ago. so show me anywhere where it was actually ms saying it. its anonymous posters making the fucking claims! holy shit...
gotnorice was right, have at er, im done.

OH FFS the butthurt is real. :LOL:

I never made any claims, only linked the articles LOLOLOLOLOL. The fact that I may trust them more than anonymous forum posters makes me a bad guy I guess. I'm OK with that.

OH FFS the butthurt is real. :LOL:

I never made any claims, only linked the articles LOLOLOLOLOL. The fact that I may trust them more than anonymous forum posters makes me a bad guy I guess. I'm OK with that.
oh ffs is right. the claims were made by anonymous forum posters, you dont seem to get that. yet seem to want to defend it like its your own.... oh ok.

It cracks me to see you guys fighting over a turd. It's just another windows... Every new revision takes more privacy and control away from you.

oh ffs is right. the claims were made by anonymous forum posters, you dont seem to get that. yet seem to want to defend it like its your own.... oh ok.

I only did that once I got called out for pimping clickbait articles...yea pot, kettle black right there. Can't wait for gotnorice to start flinging insults. You got a problem and think they are lies, email the journalists and editors and call them out. Or continue the nonsense.

I'm not sure that you understand what being in the insider program actually means. The change that they made actually aligns with what they announced previously with regards to unsupported hardware being able to install new versions of windows via ISO but not via Windows Update. This became more relevant because the dev channel just split from the beta channel today and began to release post-RTM testing builds. The new release on the Dev channel is not just an update to 22000.xx (the finalization of the RTM build), but a new version akin to a Windows 10 feature update.

While you need to be a member of the insider program to install a Dev build via Windows Update, you don't need to be a member of the insider program to run the Beta. You can simply install the ISO on whatever hardware you want to, and you will be running the beta (not the dev channel) at that point and will continue to receive updates as normal. Any install that is setup to be part of the official insider channel requires being logged in with a Microsoft account. When you install using the ISO, you don't even need to use a Microsoft account.

Here is what happened for me today, on all of my computers running Windows 11 builds:

All installs were running 22000.168 as of yesterday, which was the previous build that both the Beta and Dev channels were synchronized at.

The one install that I have in the Dev channel, using the actual insider program, updated to version 22449.1000, which is a post-RTM build.

The other computers, where I installed using the ISO (which puts them in the Beta channel), also updated just fine today, to 22000.176, which is the latest Beta build. All of these systems were showing that same message saying that they were not eligible for the insider program - which is fine because you don't need to be part of the insider program when you install via ISO. They all updated from 22000.168 to 22000.176 just fine this morning, via windows update, without a single hitch. This happened via windows update because the update from 22000.168 to 22000.176 occurred via a "cumulative security update" as opposed to the feature-update style install that occurred on the computer running the dev build.

So in short, nothing changed for users of the Beta. As of today you can still install Windows 11 Beta on basically any computer that can run Windows 10, using the ISO, and receive updates via Windows. I'm currently trying to get an ISO of the dev build to see what occurs when you install the dev build on unsupported hardware via ISO.

I'm not sure that you understand what being in the insider program actually means. The change that they made actually aligns with what they announced previously with regards to unsupported hardware being able to install new versions of windows via ISO but not via Windows Update. This became more relevant because the dev channel just split from the beta channel today and began to release post-RTM testing builds. The new release on the Dev channel is not just an update to 22000.xx (the finalization of the RTM build), but a new version akin to a Windows 10 feature update.

you're right but the article is saying the same thing...it's just semantics..."The company had previously allowed machines that didn't meet its stringent requirements for the upcoming operating system to run it in testing, but it's now announced that's all set to come to an end"

it's Microsoft's fault for allowing incompatible CPU's etc to run the beta...now they are just enforcing their previous requirements...understandably it's causing a bit of confusion and pissing some people off

you're right but the article is saying the same thing...it's just semantics..."The company had previously allowed machines that didn't meet its stringent requirements for the upcoming operating system to run it in testing, but it's now announced that's all set to come to an end"

it's Microsoft's fault for allowing incompatible CPU's etc to run the beta...now they are just enforcing their previous requirements...understandably it's causing a bit of confusion and pissing some people off

It's not limiting anything unless you wanted to run the latest Dev build via the windows insider program (as in, actually being logged into the windows insider program on that specific install). If you are running a beta build installed via ISO (aka not using the insider program), nothing changed, nothing is blocked, and you are still receiving new updates even as of this morning.

I just did a test using the Dev build ISO files (with DLL file swap) and was able to upgrade from a fresh Windows 7 install directly to the Windows 11 22449.1000 Dev build on my 2500k test computer without issue.

Last edited:
Back