Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC (evaluation) is released!!

Time to see if there are any improvements...
(Updates right during the post-install, before getting to the desktop)

1716558032545.png

Edge installed out of the box.. and can't uninstall via traditional methods... ( I thought at one point this was supposed to be "allowed" )

1716558931406.png

On a positive note, very little bloat installed ( seems better than LTSC 2021, if I recall ).
Only need a little "cleanup / tweaking" to possible get this usable. (until next feature update)

You would hope they would remove the games crap from the installer set up, hopefully xbox and those services are not included or enabled.. (downloading it now to check it out)

Yes.. there are no apps that I see... It looks to be very clean.
(edit)
Clean from any UWP apps... including the Store.. and also OneDrive not installed...

Seems xbox services are still visible.. but not running...

1716565350105.png

Yes.. there are no apps that I see... It looks to be very clean
I love the "Even better, use an online account" through every step of adding a local account, on the password confirmation, the security questions screens.. like okay we get it, if I am this far into setting up a local account, I do not want an online account MS! especially for an LTSC device

I just installed this in a VM, yeah nice and clean. Would an actual physical system run ok on this version, i.e. gaming, drivers, etc.?

I just installed this in a VM, yeah nice and clean. Would an actual physical system run ok on this version, i.e. gaming, drivers, etc.?

It should, unless there is something under the hood that is missing from LTSC compared to the regular Pro/Home skus.

Back