Windows 11 installation not detecting my ethernet

jobert

[H]ard|Gawd
This is a brand new build I'm doing and when I'm trying to install Windows 11 it does not detect my ethernet. I'm pretty much stuck at this point.

1. Is Ethernet enabled in BIOS?
2. Do you see the device in device-manager? (with hardware ID)

Yes ethernet is on in the BIOS. How do I get to device manager if I am installing Windows 11 on new setup?

I have been googling around and others have had the same issue recently. At this point I am just trying to see what the easiest way is to install a network driver during Win 11 installation.

Other option is enter some command that will let you skip the internet requirement but I do not now how that will work as for as my real Microsoft account goes.

Yes ethernet is on in the BIOS. How do I get to device manager if I am installing Windows 11 on new setup?

I have been googling around and others have had the same issue recently. At this point I am just trying to see what the easiest way is to install a network driver during Win 11 installation.

Other option is enter some command that will let you skip the internet requirement but I do not now how that will work as for as my real Microsoft account goes.
yes skip it and then when its up and running you can just add your ms account and turf the install account

I installed windows then used a usb drive to get the driver and install it on the fresh install.

Reactions: djoye
like this
take a look below.... I had this happen to me trying to install windows 11 as well.... in my case my Netgear USB WiFi stick wasn't being detected.

https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-set-up-without-internet-connection/

1. Bypass Out-of-the-Box-Experience (OOBE) Internet Requirement​

You can bypass the Let’s connect you to a network screen using the OOBE \BYPASSNRO command in the Command Prompt.

When executed, it runs an existing CMD script stored in the System32 folder to modify the Windows registry. This modification allows you to complete the Windows 11 setup without an Internet connection. Here’s how to do it.

1. In the Let’s connect you to a network screen, press Shift + F10 to launch the Command Prompt.
  2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter: OOBE\BYPASSNRO
  3. Upon successful execution, your system will restart and relaunch the OOBE dialog.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. When you reach the Let’s connect you to a network screen, click on I don’t have Internet option.
  5. Next, click on Continue with limited setup.
  6. Accept the License Agreement and proceed to create your local user account.

It's just so strange that it's not seeing the ethernet when this has never ever happened out of all the numerous times I've installed Windows throughout the years. I thought Windows 10 and windows 11 had the basic drivers needed. The fact that you can't even skip that step without having to do a workaround shows that Microsoft anticipates there should be a driver also.

It's just so strange that it's not seeing the ethernet when this has never ever happened out of all the numerous times I've installed Windows throughout the years. I thought Windows 10 and windows 11 had the basic drivers needed. The fact that you can't even skip that step without having to do a workaround shows that Microsoft anticipates there should be a driver also.
the newest nic chips arent always included, the last z690(asus) builds i did didnt have nic support during setup.
the work around is really for IT depts. doing mass deployments.

Not sure how accurate this is... but I just did a new install of Pro in a Hyper-V vm with Build 22621, and had the option to sign in with a local account

1673015233794.png

So could I just install an older version of Windows 11? That way I could just skip it right on the screen without any nonsense.

yeah i guess.
post a pic of the screen(s) youre running into, where your getting stuck.

This is the screen.

Attachments

• PXL_20230105_101253536.jpg
    PXL_20230105_101253536.jpg
    859.3 KB · Views: 0
I believe what atarione posted gets around this
Yes that should be the work around but I think I'm just going to install an older version so I can just hit the skip button if my ethernet doesn't show up.

go back a screen and follow that^^^
The screen before that is the one with the keyboard selection.

Anyway I'm just going to install a slightly older version so I can skip the nonsense then I'll install the lan drivers and update to the newest version of Windows 11.

Okay just ended up doing the bypass suggestion and no problems. Once I got into Windows just installed the network driver and signed into my account and now doing the updates needed. By the way this is a 13700k Z790 build so feeling a little buyer's remorse since I know the new Zen x3d CPUs are coming out next month...

Back