Windows 11 from Windows 7

Gamma_Ray

n00b
Hey all:

I need some help. I plan to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 11. There seems to be no direct way to do this and Microsoft ceased Windows 7 support. Would the best way to go about this is to upgrade from 10 to 7 then upgrade to 11 from windows 10 there?

Thanks!

you cant go 7 to 11. you have to go 7 to 10, convert to gpt and uefi and then update to 11.

What generation and brand of processor are you running?

I went from windows 7 64b Pro to clean install to 10 64b Pro then clean install to 11 64b Pro on a Thinkpad with AMD 2500u today...

Only problem ive had with this notebook is terrible trackpointer and trackpad drivers/operation. There are different kyboard and trackpads that looks similiar but they will not work on all machines. Make sure correct keyboard and trackpad to work correctly. Windows 11 is working great on my E485.

CPU-Z Proof: https://valid.x86.fr/84apux

W11PRO ACTIVATED SCREENSHOT FROM THIS NOTEBOOK (TP E485 w/AMD2500U)

Attachments

• TPE485W1164BPROAMD2500UACTIVATED.jpg
    TPE485W1164BPROAMD2500UACTIVATED.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hey all:

I need some help. I plan to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 11. There seems to be no direct way to do this and Microsoft ceased Windows 7 support. Would the best way to go about this is to upgrade from 10 to 7 then upgrade to 11 from windows 10 there?

Thanks!
There are a few things to check. First, you need to make sure your Computer supports Windows 11 here.

You can download a program that will tell you if your computer supports 11 here (yes, it's safe. Download the .exe at the bottom of the page).

Then you need to check to verify you are using 64 bit because 11 doesn't support 32 bits. If you're not sure hot do do that, check here.

Then run the Windows 10 Update Assistant. That will upgrade you to Windows 10 here.

Then you can run the Windows 11 Update Assistant. That will upgrade you to Windows 11 here.

Even if your computer is not compatible with 11, 10 is still a good OS to use. You haven't gotten any security updates for a long time on 7.

Back