Windows 11 and 2021 Office Pro

cAllen

n00b
Should finish this today https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zCn2Bj

My current 775 build started with retail Vista Ult 64 progressively bumped to Windows 7 Ult 64. I'm also still running retail MS Office Ult and VISIO 2007. Question...can I use my old license/keys to install Windows II Pro and 2021 Office Pro on the new rig or is it better to just buy new licenses and move on? Thanks.

Last edited:
Your Windows key will probably upgrade to 10 and then to 11. I don't think you'll have any luck with Office. Those keys are just for that version since they don't offer upgrades like Windows did.

Thanks. Kind of what I thought on Office. As for going to Windows 11...help bring up to speed because I'm OK with hardware, but a software idiot...by the standards in here anyway. Know my old 775 can be updated to W10, but not W11...so sounds like I have 3 paths. Load W7 on new box and upgrade from there...although not sure how easy that would be with such a major change in hardware/drivers. Update W7 to W10 on the old box, load updated lic/key to new box and the update to W11 from there. Buy a new Lic/key and go straight to the new box. Reason I'm asking is because I've read and heard of many problems when not doing a straight fresh install with W11. JFTR...money is not the issue. I just reuse anything I can...if it makes sense.

I think the way to go is install Windows 10 on the new box with the W7 key and then upgrade to W11.

just go straight to 11, the 7 key will work if you feed it to the installer. your version office should work too, if you can find an installer or have your desk. it wont update to 21 but it should work.

Isn't Office 2021 the newest one? At least as far as non-subscription versions I'm pretty sure it is. You can either buy Office 2021 or Office 365. Last time I checked, 2021 was still getting updates to look and work more or less just like the 365 apps, too.

Back