Windows 10 TP Build 9926 Released!

I had my 9926 on a Corsair SSD. I used the Corsair software to do a secure wipe on my Win 7 machine. Did it fine the first time, now trying to wipe the drive again after the fresh instal and it goes blue screen after about 2% of the drive has been wiped!
No fun anymore

I had my 9926 on a Corsair SSD. I used the Corsair software to do a secure wipe on my Win 7 machine. Did it fine the first time, now trying to wipe the drive again after the fresh instal and it goes blue screen after about 2% of the drive has been wiped!
No fun anymore

Blue screen? You're wiping it from windows?

I just installed it.
Major bug at start, I need to push shift + numbers to enter password that contain numbers. I got a french keyboard on that laptop.

So far, I don't understand what this new OS bring over Win7. I prefer Win7 for now. Everything Win10 change over Win7 I don't like. App store does not work here and it's a good reason to move.

At least my programs work well. The start menu is interesting but sound useless to me.

How do we uninstall programs lol, there is no way to do that yet beside getting the uninstall.exe in the dir of the program.

This build for sure need more time to reach gold. I'd say 6 to 12 month. All the configuration are the same of Win7, what is this joke?

About AV and this thread. I don't get it, a AV should get rid of any kind of malware and I will add to this subject that imo most av is worth shit and does not block most of virus around. And I finish this that the best AV is your brain, so use gizmo freeware to find out good software and other trusted website.

yea thats funny....well sorta.....apparently he has more that one ssd/windows install but i have always used non windows, like parted magic to do stuff like that:D

I have more than one SSD, my main system is running on a 512 gig Samsung SSD and my pc has a remote sata hard drive dock.
Like I say on my Asus R4BE using Corsairs secure wipe, the disk is an old Corsair Force 120 gig drive, it runs for about 2% of the wipe and then drops out into blue screen.

On my old Asus X79 pro using the same remote sata hard drive dock and same Corsair software it completed the secure wipe no worries at all.

Anyone know why a 3rd party bit of software would get the whole system to go blue screen on the R4BE only ?

Given up trying to load Win 10 9926 on the R4BE too, I just wind up in the loop of repair, diagnose, re boot and continual boot failure.

Also had problems getting parted magic to work well on the R4BE and can't be bothered to dig out the old optiplex which will run parted magic.

Had Win 10 9926 up and running for a week or two and liked it but I will wait for the next update before trying again.

Last edited:
Anyone know why a 3rd party bit of software would get the whole system to go blue screen on the R4BE only ?

Well the first thing came to my mind was were you perhaps accidentally trying to wipe the very same partition you booted from...

Blue screen during a wipe seems completely illogical unless you tried to wipe active system files. If anything bluescreening at that function would make me suspect a hardware failure. Perhaps bad sata controller?

can't be bothered to dig out the old optiplex which will run parted magic

i thought everyone at least in these forums owned flash drives these days, but i will admit im not sure what you meant by optiplex (dvd i guess?) even a very small and slow flash drive would work as its only about 350 megs
Now a bit off topic but i also noticed the current build wont do an image restore to a wiped drive anymore, unless its formatted properly? Not sure really but in the past it never mattered one way or the other:rolleyes:

Well the first thing came to my mind was were you perhaps accidentally trying to wipe the very same partition you booted from...

Blue screen during a wipe seems completely illogical unless you tried to wipe active system files. If anything bluescreening at that function would make me suspect a hardware failure. Perhaps bad sata controller?

As I said, the Corsair SSD was in a remote disk drive dock and don't think the Corsair software while showing the Samsung drive would be able to access and thus wipe the Samsung drives and partitions not that I made that mistake.
I tried twice to wipe the Corsair SSD and twice it failed and the system went blue screen!
That's when I decided to hook up the remote dock and try it on the X79 pro and it wiped the drive first time.

I'm not too happy with the R4BE and bought another Samsung SSD 250 gig and am currently doing a fresh Win 7 pro instal on that. I haven't reinstalled Windows since I've had the R4BE board but I've had a few boot issues and figure a fresh instal would at least let me know if there are other issues with the hardware I have.

I've just loaded Mint 17.01 on the Corsair drive and will have a play with that. I have Mint on the old HP with the E6600 cpu that I was having a play with a couple of years ago

this is win tech preview thread right? another possibility is the corsair software was not entirely compatible with this build just like non defender antivirus apps for example. Only blue screen i ever got with any of the builds so far was incompatible software (well antivirus software anyway)

As far as to why your R4BE only had issues...i doubt you were only one and wonder if that board has different ports with some being possibly intel and others being marvel? just throwing that out there

Back