Windows 10 Spring Creators Update: The Ultimate Changelog

If you're dumb enough to keep it in Full Diagnostic Mode then you're dumb enough to be made money on. Basic Mode, according to my own observations, contains none of the most damning data.

Turn the diagnostic data to Basic Mode and you should be fine.

Unless, of course, you are a Windows Insider because then, you are on Full Diagnostic mode, unless you remove the machine from the Insider program. There is nothing dumb about it at all, unless of course you believe that they are siphoning all you documents, pictures and other stuff off your computer. Of course, you do not need that at all to have that happen, if you have a target on your back. (No, that is not a conspiracy because, unfortunately, regardless of your OS of choice, you are not as secure as you think you are.)

So glad I'm using Linux, where updates are faster and don't brick BIOSes, unlike Windows. Oh and you still get to choose what updates you want.

I like the way updates work on Linux Mint, easy to know what is being updated and lets you choose when. I also like how Linux can update and not need to be rebooted or lock you out of your computer for an hour while it says "do not turn off computer until update is finshed". I was needing to leave for work one morning when an update hit and waited and waited and waited for it to finish updating so I could shut down and leave. That is when I set W7 to only update when I tell it to. Laptop is still W7, but everything else is Linux now.

Actually the anniversary update DID, IN FACT brick the BIOS for many computers. Go look it up.

LOL! Windows does not brick bios's. Also, if you are dumb enough to flash your bios in Windows, if you can instead do it from the bios, you get what you deserve.

I am interested to know which one will arrive first, win 10 1803 or macOS 10.13.4. Those two will keep me busy at work for some weeks.

Back