Windows 10 Personalizations:Backgrounds

Several help forums claim that if you go into the power settings for battery and power>power settings> advanced power settings> Desktop background settings> on battery: paused plugged in: paused. that mean old windows ten will not change the background settings. BS BS BS BS BS. It may work for a month or two months but invariably it will pull some random image from somewhere from an external hard drive and change settings from picture to slideshow.

It makes me see blood, boiling blood, I have already had two heart attacks and Windows 10 may cause a third one.

I know my windows 10 operating system is wonky. I probably need to do a clean install because windows explorer is also screwed up.

What I would like to do is put the Background under User Control so Windows cannot change my background without me knowing it. I do not suspect malware because it is so random.

Does anybody know how to do this or point me in a direction so I can figure it out myself.

Thanks In Advance.

I think someone is trying to give you another heart attack.

First hit winkey+r paste this in, ms-settings:personalization

Under background are you using Picture or Slideshow. If slideshow change it to Picture.

Alternatively this work for you?

Hit winkey+r paste this in, gpedit.msc

User Configuration > Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper

Should be able to force it to the image you want.

I hate to say it but, my background never changes, unless I am using synced settings across my devices or have something like the MSN Slideshow thingy. It already is under your control.

Yeah, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have always had full control of my background.

Okay

Yeah, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have always had full control of my background.

okay do you have any words of wisdom for me. I go to backgrounds change it to picture. It shows my google earth wallpaper. An outside bar in the Lake District of the UK in the background or Wallpaper. Not sure about the nomenclature. Randomly it changes to Slideshow (Windows 10-Redmond Wa) I use windows 10 Home-freebe not windows 10 Professional. Not made of money like you. On disability. Windows 10 Professional cost dollars. The blasted computer changes to slideshow randomly. I do not know when or how. Never been certified in computer technology. Only have a BA in Psychology and a Masters of Div. Not a computer guru like you

Under background are you using Picture or Slideshow. If slideshow change it to Picture.

Ok. Group Policy Editor GPedit.msc only works in Windows 10 Pro. I have Windows 10 HOME. NOT Professional. You have to kiss sky and Sun to get Group POLIcy Editor to work in Windows 10 Home. I need a REAL Solution for WINDOWS 10 HOME. I guess I have to send money to Microsost to get this to work. Sadly . All crap has to go to Trump and his million dollar friends.

I hate to say it but, my background never changes, unless I am using synced settings across my devices or have something like the MSN Slideshow thingy. It already is under your control.

OK It must be a problems with Doze 10. Looks like I have to spend Dollars $$$$$$$ to get a solution to work. I have windows 10 home. You must have windows 10 Professional. Much nicer to user. Not Home.

I have had good internal hardware HP. Until it aged 7 years. Now Windows 10 Creator edition is bad news. It tries to be different but a can of worms for others.

What happens if you just set your background to a solid color?

Interestingly, in Win 10 unlicensed, which is perfectly legal and has nearly full functionality, the only real loss to experience is the inability to change wallpaper, meaning it CAN'T grab stuff from libraries, it just shows default Windows wallpaper.

And there's the persistent watermark, hardly an issue imo.

I know my windows 10 operating system is wonky. I probably need to do a clean install because windows explorer is also screwed up.
I think you answered your own question. I've never come across a Windows 10 install that changes the wallpaper without the user's knowledge. That's the default behavior.

Back