Win 7 x64 Raid 5 help - unsigned driver?

Apathy

Gawd
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
890
Trying to do a fresh install on this board:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3417#dl

I downloaded the x64 preinstall drivers and they do not work. While installing, I get an unsigned driver problem. It doesn't give me an option to allow the unsigned driver either. I tried to go around it by using this repair method but it still does not work.

some guy said:
Here's how to install Windows 7 using unsigned drivers:
0. Copy your unsigned driver to FDD, USB stick or other media (you will probably need only one .inf and a .sys file).
1. Start Windows 7 setup.
At this point, if you choose 'Install', your HDD controllers won't be detected if not supported by W7. So don't do that.
2. Click 'Repair'.
3. Wait for the pseudo-scanner to finish.
4. Click load driver.
5. Point to your unsigned driver (the .inf file) you previously copied to FDD/USB stick.
6. Wait again for the pseudo-scanner to finish.
7. Click the 'x' in the corner to close the repair mode.
8. Click 'Install' to start the installation.
9. Now your SCSI controllers and SCSI HDDs will be detected and there will be no warning of unsigned drivers.
Everything should proceed just fine from this point on.


After doing this, I try to select the .inf file and it gives me the error "the specified location does not contain information for your hardware bla bla bla"

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this working?
 
I have seen that this is a common problem all over the inter webs yo. Nobody here has had this problem? Someone has got to have some solution for this. Its crazy dog! I don't want to have to install vista again...
 
Well you did post this in the General Hardware section, the one section that most of the HDD gurus DON'T go to.

So contact a mod to move this thread over to the Data Storage Subforum. If you're gonna make a new thread over there, LOCK this one FIRST.
 
Ah, thank you danny bui. I wasn't sure whether this was the right place for it or not. Alright, time to find a mod.
 
Back
Top