• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Win 7 SP1 is killing me

jebo_4jc

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2011
2FA
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
14,572
I have not had this "update" go smoothly on any of my boxen. Serves me right for allowing it to be installed on my boxen in the first place, I suppose.

I am a tad unusual (no surprise there) for the reason, among others, that I actually use each and every one of my boxen for daily tasks. So, I want these boxes to be as stable and up to date as possible. SP1 is not making me happy so far. Each box has required mutliple attempts to install, and my laptop is currently in bad shape, trying to re-install some updates every time it reboots.

Am I alone here?
 
no issues with SP1 on my 2740p, but that is a daily driver w/no folding.....my desktop i havent done an update in probably 3/4 of a month or more.....so havent rtried updating....
 
none here, 4 machines with win 7 that I installed SP1 on, and 3 of them fold.
 
I've updated 4 different PC/Laptops to SP1 with no problems.
 
No problems here either....none of the machines at work or any of my own have had any issues yet.
 
disable your AV

MS acknowledged that MSE could cause SP1 to not install and basically result in you having to do an entire windows reinstall, had it happen on 4 systems at work (out of 32)

thing is none were using MSE even.
 
I have had no problems with SP1 on either my gaming rig or laptop. I havn't attempted to install it on my folding rigs yet, but this is one huge package.
 
disable your AV

MS acknowledged that MSE could cause SP1 to not install and basically result in you having to do an entire windows reinstall, had it happen on 4 systems at work (out of 32)

thing is none were using MSE even.
hmm were you using avast AV by any chance? I have avast installed on every one of my PCs, which could be the common link.

Either that or PEBKAC, which is also likely.
 
jebo, BOHICA..

In your case, it's PICNIC.
 
Sorry, you clearly do not know my relationship with that pop-tart called jebo. It was mostly tongue-in-cheek and a silent joke between us. ;)
I tried that linux windows before. I didn't like it because it didn't have my minesweeper.
 
jebo, how come you haven't been on IRC all week, bitch? :p
 
I've heard of the problems sp1 can cause, I'm glad my 3 boxen didn't have any problems
 
jebo, how come you haven't been on IRC all week, bitch? :p
I've been waiting for you to notice. Bout time ;)

I'm heading into crunch time. Got about two weeks of exams then I'm a law school graduate.

Then, about 10 weeks of review classes and I take the Missouri bar in July.

Then, God help us.
 
Then, about 10 weeks of review classes and I take the Missouri bar in July.

Then, God help us.
Ok, I'll wait til August before visiting MO then. Make sure to give me you phone number as soon as you pass the bar. :rolleyes:
 
I've been waiting for you to notice. Bout time ;)

I'm heading into crunch time. Got about two weeks of exams then I'm a law school graduate.

Then, about 10 weeks of review classes and I take the Missouri bar in July.

Then, God help us.

Wow, congrats man!
 
I've been waiting for you to notice. Bout time ;)

I'm heading into crunch time. Got about two weeks of exams then I'm a law school graduate.

Then, about 10 weeks of review classes and I take the Missouri bar in July.

Then, God help us.

Does that mean from August you can defend people in court?

Awesome, I think I can evade extradition and arrest until then. That is a load off my mind...
 
I've been waiting for you to notice. Bout time ;)

I'm heading into crunch time. Got about two weeks of exams then I'm a law school graduate.

Then, about 10 weeks of review classes and I take the Missouri bar in July.

Then, God help us.

BarBri time!

Better Missouri than New York/ California!
 
Windows 7 SP1 just installed with no issues, but there were several smaller updates that failed. retried those with no issues. Next update 4-6 months, gotta keep FAH running ;-)
 
I've been waiting for you to notice. Bout time ;)

I'm heading into crunch time. Got about two weeks of exams then I'm a law school graduate.

Then, about 10 weeks of review classes and I take the Missouri bar in July.

Then, God help us.

Good to know we'll have representation if any of us accidentally takes down a power grid in the quest for more D. ;)
 
I have not had this "update" go smoothly on any of my boxen. Serves me right for allowing it to be installed on my boxen in the first place, I suppose.

I am a tad unusual (no surprise there) for the reason, among others, that I actually use each and every one of my boxen for daily tasks. So, I want these boxes to be as stable and up to date as possible. SP1 is not making me happy so far. Each box has required mutliple attempts to install, and my laptop is currently in bad shape, trying to re-install some updates every time it reboots.

Am I alone here?


i've seen a few people with this problem though it installed perfectly fine for me.
 
Windows 7 SP1 just installed with no issues, but there were several smaller updates that failed. retried those with no issues. Next update 4-6 months, gotta keep FAH running ;-)
After taking another look at it, I think this might be my problem as well. I think SP1 installed fine but there are several smaller updates giving me fits. My laptop still can't install them correctly.
 
jebo is a feckin' noob

that is all

goodbye
 
No probs on any machine I have done including todays little Toshiba Netbook Win 7 starter. God I hate netbooks!
 
After taking another look at it, I think this might be my problem as well. I think SP1 installed fine but there are several smaller updates giving me fits. My laptop still can't install them correctly.


rescan with the updater. most like those ones that are failing are because they were installed as part of the SP1 update.
 
No probs for me but mind you I just did a clean re-install on a new Momentus XT Hybrid SSD/HDD. Did have MSE up and running tho and no issues with it. Now I just gotta fix Office and a few dozen other progs ...:(
 
its all u.... ;)
 
Last edited:
had sp1 fail on both pc at home and workstation in the lab... 2 diff av...

its recommended that you disable av and uninstall all your video drivers .. I just let it take a stab at it... might give it a real try when I get home... (follow suggestions)

then again... I might reinstall windows in ahci mode :eek: then do sp1
 
yeah you should do that. I got my RMA'd vertex back after the PSU flameout. Ran ATTO on it right after I installed it.

96gb%20vertex%20clean%20atto%20non-os%204.26.11.png
 
Back
Top