win 2003, gpmc

skadrum

Limp Gawd
I have installed group policy console, but for some reason the group policy management COMMAND PROMPT does not show under the Programs. I am trying to import the common scenarios but do not know of another way. Any ideas? Thank you.

What? Are you looking for the link for the MMC snapin? That's in the Administrative Tools. It only installs a link in the profile of the user who installed it as well. But, you can always run it by using gpmc.msc.

Based on a school lab, would it make more sense to setup an OU based on the pc's in that lab or the students? Also... what would be the best policy to use, i have installed the common scenarios.

What?

Not sure what your looking for, but I would make an OU for the users in the lab and another OU for computers in the lab

-LAB (an OU)
--Users (an OU)
--Computers (an OU)

Also, the above will work as long as your not going to be adding more and more labs.. If you are then it may make sense to make

-School name
--computer accounts
---Lab 1
---Lab 2
--user accounts
---Lab 1
---Lab 2

There actually are a few labs. The only ou's that are created are the grades the kids are in. My main concern is locking down the one main lab.

dbwillis said:
What?

Not sure what your looking for, but I would make an OU for the users in the lab and another OU for computers in the lab

-LAB (an OU)
--Users (an OU)
--Computers (an OU)
This is the approach I usually take. It could be expanded:
-Labs
--Lab1
---Users
---Computers
--Lab2
---Users
---Computers

This gives a nice hierarchy for GPO inheritance.

Back