Will you buy windows 8?

Will U Buy Windows 8?

• YES

Votes: 52 32.1%
  • no

Votes: 110 67.9%

• Total voters
Depends on how much of win 7 is added back or can be easily modded back in... The quick boot and built in HD image software seem nice. To me the real benefit appears to be how much easier fixing other ppls virused/old & slow laptops will be with the iphone style restore button.

Don't really see the point... Windows 7 is working fine for me and I honestly hate the direction towards mobile devices.

No point in it; and I hate the UI. Sure, There will be tweaks and mods to make it looks and behave more like windows 7, but why pay to do that. I've spent good money on Windows 7.

Going to skip this one, no compelling reason to buy it. Windows 7 is working fine for me and none of the new "features" etc do anything for me.

I will get a copy with my MSDN subscription but honestly don't think I will be running this or Server 2012 for quite sometime.

This seems to me to be W7 with a modified GUI.

I have to say no at present, unless there is more to the story at release.:D

I have been excited to see every new operating system from Microsoft come available ever since 3.11 (MS Beta tester) but since installing Windows 8 Beta, I have been underwhelmed with it. I can see no overt reasons to switch from Windows 7 at all. If W8 doesn't improve dramatically in the RC version, I'll probably sit this one out.

On the Acer W500 tablet, I will purchase it on day one. (It is fantastic.) I will also purchase the Pro version for my work laptop and the standard for Home. (That is if the standard includes Windows Media Center.)

Quicker boot, fantastic stability, improved explorer desktop and yes, even metro are my reasons. (Metro on the desktop will need better apps though.) Metro does make program shortcut organization a lot easier and in your face which is what I like.

I will, it's running better for me on my laptop. I live in the desktop, don't mind the corner mouse overs, get the metro stuff as an added thing. I agree there needs to be better Metro apps out there but they will come.

Maybe for some mobile device if I purchase such a thing in the future. Otherwise my primary systems remain with the Win 7 OS, or a Linux variation.

I have been playing with Win 8 off and on, I have no immediate use for it

If they do not put the desktop back as it is in Windows 7, it's a no buy situation. Lack of a real start menu = sucks donkey nuts.

I'm about to renew my MSDN sub for the 9th straight year, so depending on how you look at it, i won't be buying it or I've bought it already.

I'm about to renew my MSDN sub for the 9th straight year, so depending on how you look at it, i won't be buying it or I've bought it already.

Same. I have TechNet Standard, so I'll be getting it w/o buying it at retail or OEM prices (so to say).

I will. Since I just bought a Windows Phone it will be a more consistent experience. Plus I am sure I will have to assist customers at some point that will have it so somebody where I work will need to know how, and usually that someone is me.

On an eventual tablet, probably.

On my PC I will more than likely dual boot win8 with win 7 but probably spend most of my time in win7

Yes, for a laptop and for the sole reason that the laptop would otherwise run Vista. Metro sucks on a desktop but I can work around it.

Where's the undecided option?

Chances are no, though. I think Win 7 will be around for a long time, perhaps longer than XP because Win 7 is so good.

Probably. Beneath the annoyance of Metro lies a better OS.

I might've bought myself a Windows 8 ARM tablet, too, if they hadn't screwed the pooch with the ARM variant. Will it be "lesson learned" for Microsoft? Probably not.

Probably. Beneath the annoyance of Metro lies a better OS.

I might've bought myself a Windows 8 ARM tablet, too, if they hadn't screwed the pooch with the ARM variant. Will it be "lesson learned" for Microsoft? Probably not.

What's wrong with RT?

You're precisely right. It is no better. Microsoft's successes in the tablet space are going to be based on their platform being better than other platforms, not on being practically identical to other highly-successful, category-defining platforms. That isn't going to work. It's not going to get me to buy their products.

Nope. And like just about every one else, it's because of that god-awful Metro UI. It's a shame really, because all Microsoft has to do to win over the haters is provide an opt out feature. But I doubt they will listen, and this will be Windows 8's downfall.

I said yes because I'm a chronic upgrader and will likely end up buying it sooner or later if for nothing else than my wife's computer. I really like Win7 though. Its probably my all time favorite OS so I don't feel a need to change but have a hard time resisting new stuff.

Yes, probably at launch which is typically when I upgrade most my Windows OSes

I said no. I don't usually upgrade until there's a clear benefit. I doubt metro and apps are a problem. Just something new to get used to or disable. I'm well overdue for building a new system so if I have some extra cash I might change my mind.

Not a fan of Windows Phone 7, not a fan of Windows Phone 7 Desktop Edition.
So not a chance in hell.

"Depends". For a desktop? No. My desktop is 7 and will stay that way until 9 comes out and undoes the damage of metro.

For a tablet? Hell yes. If I can get a full copy of 8 running on a speedy tablet, I will probably end up buying at least 10 of those, maybe more, for various projects I have cooking out there.

Back