Will this fit? (ECS PT890T-A)

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
My birthday is this Friday and I am going to try to use the opportunity to upgrade my computer. I have my eye set on a cheap motherboard+processor combo from Fry’s. I’m not a big fan of ECS motherboards in general, but this motherboard seems to strangely meet all of my requirements whereas I can’t find any other motherboards that do. It has 4 functional PCI slots (none blocked by GPU heatsink), which I need due to having 4 PCI cards that I don’t want to part with. It has two IDE ports, which will accommodate the 4 IDE storage drives I currently have, etc.

The videocard I’m going to use is an X850XT PCIe from a friend which should be roughly comparable to the X800XTPE AGP I have right now until I am able to upgrade that also, but the X850XT has an ATi Silencer 5 on it, and it looks like there might be a problem with the ram slots being so close to the PCIe slot on this motherboard.

What do you guys think, will it fit?

PT890T.jpg

pciebottom.JPG

pciebottom2.JPG

That's going to be tight. Best case: what you might run into though is having to remove the video card to change your memory. Worst case: you have to swap out the Silencer for the stock HSF.

it'll fit. just put your RAM in before you put your graphics card, and you're good. That's no problem, it's when you've got longer cards (6800GS <) that you start to have real problems with space. X8xx series cards weren't particularly large.

it'll fit. just put your RAM in before you put your graphics card, and you're good. That's no problem, it's when you've got longer cards (6800GS <) that you start to have real problems with space. X8xx series cards weren't particularly large.

Looking at the pictures, the ram slots seem to be about 1" behind the slot, and thats right where the damn heatsink has a huge screw knob hanging off the back of the card.

This card is borrowed form a friend, the stock HSF is probably long gone by now.

Back