Will this be enough? 140MM radiator

AP2

[H]ard|Gawd
Been kind of bored and would like to mess around with water-cooling again. Just out of curiosity would a 140MM radiator be able to cool a 8700k (95TDP) and Zotac 1080 Mini (180TDP) running stock clocks?

Been kind of bored and would like to mess around with water-cooling again. Just out of curiosity would a 140MM radiator be able to cool a 8700k (95TDP) and Zotac 1080 Mini (180TDP) running stock clocks?

This is a difficult question to answer, as there are A LOT of variables.

The good old fashioned rule of thumb for water cooling is that you should plan on using a minimum of one 120mm slot per device you plan on cooling (cpu, gpu).

A 140mm radiator is ~36% bigger than a 120mm radiator, so this may not deliver the results you are hoping for.

I'll let someone else comment with more detail though.

Not really. It would probably work in that it would boot, not immediately melt, and such, but your temps would be high. Maybe very high.

Surface area has alot to do with it also though. a 140 mm thats 60 mm thick that is a two pass , is gonna cool alot better than a 140 mm thats 30 mm thick and a single pass. airflow and flow rates.......ahhh so many variables. :)

U might be able to get away with it. I think that it will run hot personally
I ran an amd 8320 with a 285gtx on a single 240 for years. So who knows till u try :)

thanks for the response everyone! I have decided to purchase another 140MM and will test if I can just get away with one if not ill add on the other one.

Back