Will The X-Fi Fatality & other models xram ever be used???

Lord_Exodia

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm curious if game developers will ever begin to use the Xram on the high end Xfi cards. Has anyone heard of a game title that may put this to use. I see great potential with this. I wonder what type of innovative features they can pull off with this. Currently I'm saving $$$ for an Xfi but am debating whether to get the Xfi music or go for one with 64mb xram. I'd hate to shell out $$ for the base model and have this be an integral feature to a future game. Once I get this Xfi my wife gets the audigy 2. what to do-what to do???? :)

As with most new technologies, they won't get used until it's more mainstream.
But that's just my speculation.

X-ram does increase performance a little, you won't care about performance if you have faster CPU and high-end graphics card the difference in FPS will be negligible,

although creative claim that X-Fi processor is 24 time better than Audigy, THIS IS ONLY OBJECTIVELY, but in the subjective listening you won't notice that is 24 times better. .

currently the games developers need more time to dedicate the use of x-ramn and EAX Advanced HD 5.0, So hope that creative in the next coming card do much improvements and functional features that PC audiophile is using it currently . :( :cool:

creative tends to set the tone for future game audio so it wouldnt be supprising if games start to take advantage of it once it's had more saturation. Just my opinion but it seems to be the trend.

I guess in some time we'll know if this feature is gonna be used or if it's pointless to have. We just got through the big wave of hit games. It started with doom 3, Half Life 2, and now with Fear and Quake 4 out that leaves Call of Duty 2. Possibly the next wave of games will have a use for this XRam feature along with compatibility for ageia physX. Time will tell.

I would keep my eyes open for games that support EAX 5. Some of those in the near future will likely support the X-Ram, but we don't really know how games will benefit (either more/better sounds or higher fps). Creative's website usually keeps a list of EAX-enabled games, but ATM the site still shows only EAX 3.0 games.

Back