Will Modern Warfare 2 Be The Best Game Ever

I can't wait for MW2. Hell I started playing MW1 again just to keep my skills sharp. I never played online much until I started playing MW1. I think Descent 3 was the last time I played online seriously.

lol... unbelievable, now we can have our very own night vision goggles

have you played COD4 MP?

that's all they do is wallspam and hope they hit something.

it really takes some of the fun out of the game....

this could be fixed if the devs were smart enough to remove the hit indicator that appears when you do damage to people that are not visible,killing people through walls is much more satisfying in cs 1.6 for example because you have to use your hearing and prediction skills instead of just shooting until an "X" appears in the middle of your screen.

The moment i saw that famous "deep imact" video in gametrailers.com i realised that this game was going to be even more noob friendly than cod2 and i was 100% right, mw2 takes it a step further with stupid additions like semtex grenades ( wtf ? is this halo ? ) and heartbeat sensor attachments ( at least in rogue spear/raven shield you were unable to fire when you were using it )

It's propably the game fps ever if you're diagnosed with ADHD and/or you've never played a really good shooter like HL1/cod1/RTCW/no one lives forever back in their glory days, I don't hate console FPSs that much, in fact the first fps that i got my hands on was goldeneye back on the N64 days, I hate fps series that get dumbed down sequel after sequel mainly because of consoles like GRAW vegas flashpoint2 any cod sequel etc, there's a huge difference there

Ok since I started it, I'm going to finish it....Modern Warfare 2 is the best game ever and none of your opinions matter, just look at this link: http://mymodernwarfare2.com/modern-warfare-2-videos/prestige-edition-is-this-a-joke

How can you say it's not the best game EVER if it comes with night vision goggles....

You can get those crappy goggles cheap on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Visi...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1253109194&sr=8-3

A great game doesnt need to come with crappy goggles to make it sell.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
On the contrary, I think MW2 will actually be the single worst video game ever made. I base this on just as much play time as anyone who calls it the best game ever, therefore my opinion is just as valid.

On the contrary, I think MW2 will actually be the single worst video game ever made. I base this on just as much play time as anyone who calls it the best game ever, therefore my opinion is just as valid.

I am basing my opinion on how the first game was. I loved it.

Ok since I started it, I'm going to finish it....Modern Warfare 2 is the best game ever and none of your opinions matter, just look at this link: http://mymodernwarfare2.com/modern-warfare-2-videos/prestige-edition-is-this-a-joke

How can you say it's not the best game EVER if it comes with night vision goggles....

The game itself is unrealistic as hell - seriously, the capture the flag video really showed that. I saw a guy with a SCAR-H (7.62 NATO) running around shooting it full auto like it was nothing - no muzzle climb, etc. That round kicks like a date rape - I know, I have a 7.62 AR and it is an animal compared to a 5.56 (which I can fire and maneuver very fast).

Also those night vision goggles, while cool are what.. Maybe gen 1? It is cool that they are making them though, I'll admit that. Just don't expect them to be anything like a PVS-14.

With all that said, I will probably buy the game - however I know it is nowhere near 'the best game ever'.

The gunplay is COD4 is unmatched, so I have high expectations for MW2.

Also those night vision goggles, while cool are what.. Maybe gen 1? It is cool that they are making them though, I'll admit that. Just don't expect them to be anything like a PVS-14.

They aren't even really night vision. They are infrared.

They aren't even really night vision. They are infrared.

That's what night vision is... It gathers all available light, that's why we use IR pointers on rifles - the night vision can see it while the human eye cannot.

Just for those that missed the complete sarcasm, I actually think those night vision goggles are ridiculous. Like what in the hell were they thinking, would anyone actually buy those?

But yea it comes down to why you play games. I personally like a game I can pick up and play easily, since I'm not much of a gamer anymore with school and work now taking over my life. This is a game that is easy to pickup, and pretty damn dynamic. I'm sure once again the single player will be pretty cool, we all know there will be a lot of sick guns. So yea I dunno, but I could see why hardcore gamers would not like a game like this.

The gunplay is unmatched, as in... nothing compares.

As in... utter shit. It is nothing like firing a real weapon other than the sound and the graphic of the weapon. I can't wait for some 14 year old douche to get on there and educate me about how little I know about LEET FUCKIN GUNS OMFG M4FTW!@#!@$%@

yeah, "best game ever" is a useless abstraction. The satisfaction from landing a 25dmg pounce in L4D, or killing a pally with full tier 8.5 armor in WoW, or hitting someone in their square boxy-ass face in CS 1.6, or hearing your Aston DBRS9 give off that snorty growl in GRID all give totally different sensations from playing COD.

Call of Duty will be a superb FPS in its own right, I'l have an excellent narrative single player experiance and a well thought-out total blast of an online experiance, but how do you compare the gritty gameplay of COD with the characatures of TF2?

But yeah, in terms of holliday blockbusters, MW2 is the big one.

As in... utter shit. It is nothing like firing a real weapon other than the sound and the graphic of the weapon. I can't wait for some 14 year old douche to get on there and educate me about how little I know about LEET FUCKIN GUNS OMFG M4FTW!@#!@$%@

I'm sorry, in your right hand is something which is (literally) called a mouse, and in your left hand is 4 plastic buttons, and you're expecting that to be "like firing a real weapon"?

I'm sorry, in your right hand is something which is (literally) called a mouse, and in your left hand is 4 plastic buttons, and you're expecting that to be "like firing a real weapon"?

They could at least simulate the correct recoil, aiming and ballistics is what I mean.

I'd say console gamers are the ones mainly oozing all over themselves for this game since they are still relatively new to FPS online play. As a PC gamer this will be more of the same. Not saying it will be bad just not all that. The same as Halo is blown out of proportion. I've played them and they were pretty boring. Now give me a new Jedi Knight and we are talking or a new Battlefield made by the same guys that made BF1942 without EAs involvement and designed exclusively for the PC. ;)

Descent 3 was the worst of the series.
As you saaid to me in the video card forum, that's your opinion. ;)

I loved Descent 1 LAN play as well, but the multiplayer implementation for Descent 3 was way better. That's the only game I've played in a clan for an appreciable amount of time... good times.

Considering it's not the original half life I have a hard time believing it's the best game ever. ;)

CoD4 was fun for online on the pcc though really easy. That's the only reason I'll get this is for online and a way to kill time.

Considering it's not the original half life I have a hard time believing it's the best game ever. ;)

CoD4 was fun for online on the pcc though really easy. That's the only reason I'll get this is for online and a way to kill time.

Better crowd on the PC than console (until script kiddies show up...).

Consoles... every once in a while there is a mature crowd, but it's mostly 12 year olds wasting their parent's money.

The gunplay is unmatched, as in... nothing compares.

As far as the whole 'lots of cool weapons with realistic feel and use', I would say R6 Vegas /2 with the whole 'duck behind things' button is a huge leap ahead of the run & run action of CoD.

To me, classifying a game as the "BEST" game ever is like saying there is Hottest Woman in the world or a worlds greatest wine. Its all subjective and sometimes mood dependent. Now, you can calculate statistical information such as sales figures and critical score composition but does this truly define a game as the "Best" game?

As for whether or not MW2 will be the most popular statistically, who knows, but im definitely looking forward to it.

This for me will be the best game ever. I went from counter strike to BF2142 to COD4 and COD5. I love these games and if COD6 looks better and has better maps I am all over it. I thought there would be vehicles to drive in COD6? I know you can drive tanks in COD5! I can't wait. I think Best game can be a matter of opinion. I just hope my gtx280 has the balls to max it out.

Only when they come out with a independent expansion that is set in World War II.

Oh wait...

This for me will be the best game ever. I went from counter strike to BF2142 to COD4 and COD5. I love these games and if COD6 looks better and has better maps I am all over it. I thought there would be vehicles to drive in COD6? I know you can drive tanks in COD5! I can't wait. I think Best game can be a matter of opinion. I just hope my gtx280 has the balls to max it out.

A 8800GT can max this shit game out mate, its run on the same cod4 engine for fucksakes

Back