Will Diablo 3 hit the $29.99 mark within the next month?

it will be a while before you even see that price point. Hell I don't even think Starcraft 2 went down that low. 40 was the lowest ever.

There are over 6.5 million people who paid $60 and are happy to overlook the crap graphics, always on DRM, and simpleton interface, the answer is no. It really is pathetic how far Blizzard has fallen, and how many fanbois wont open their eyes.

There are over 6.5 million people who paid $60 and are happy to overlook the crap graphics, always on DRM, and simpleton interface, the answer is no. It really is pathetic how far Blizzard has fallen, and how many fanbois wont open their eyes.

Game is still fun and that's all that counts in my book I spent 32 hours on it already and will probably spend a lot more when is all said and done. Only other game I play this much as of lately is league of legends.

Lowest you might see it drop to in the coming months is $54.99, maybe $49.99 if some retailer really wants to mark it down to bring in customers. Maybe during the holidays this year it might drop to $39.99 and same into next year. You won't see $29.99 for at least a year, probably two.

It's not that I'm some kind of cheapskate tightwad, well a little bit. Who amongst us isn't looking for a deal ALL the time. I'm just asking because I have a backlog of games I'd like to finish and I think a month's time is about when I'll be about done with them. This would be sweet because this game sure seems cool.

It'll still be $60 in a year, and I'm still not going to give a straight up fudge. There's so many other games to be had, I'd move on and not worry about being a deal vulture for now.

Don't worry about missing out on the game for now OP. The game as it's self is excellent but it has many issues that will detract from your enjoyment.

It's a kill monsters until your eyes bleed for gear upgrades. The only catch is that the gear that drops has random stats and 95% of the time drops gear 10 levels lower than you. Which is beyond useless gear. Meaning that after I got out the starter gear I never got another upgrade from killing bosses, rare elites, named mobs, etc leading to the next point why you should wait.

The game is based around killing mobs and getting gold to buy upgrades from the other 6 million people playing and posting stuff on the auction house. You post your warrior gear that dropped for your demon hunter and use that money to outfit your demon hunter. The catch 22 is that the servers are so laggy and unstable that the auction house is down for maintenance 90% of the time or kicks out errors that you have to Google to figure out why you didn't get your pants of ass kicking. 20% of the time the error says my purchase didn't go through so I buy something else and 10 minutes later the first item shows in my inventory so now I have purchased 2 items for the same slot. See the problem? Makes you want to kick puppies.

The last big problem is that the servers are laggy for many players especially East coast players and the single player game requires an internet connection. There is a game mode for elitists called Hardcore where if you die you lose your character. Add in 400ms - 2,000ms for me and there isn't a way I'd even attempt harddcore mode. I can't dodge one fireball a boss throws at me because even if I dodge it on my screen the game warps me back into it 5 seconds later. Now imagine trying to play a mode where your character is deleted if you die. Sounds like fun huh? :) 50mb Time Warner cable here that has 22ms when I play BF3 so it isn't me.

So at this point although the game is excellent and has a great atmosphere, it's not worth $60 especially if you have a backlog of games. Wait until you've cleared your backlog out and hopefully Blizzard can get the game more stable within a year or so. Right now it's not as robust an experience only due to the glaring problems that bite you in the ass every mob you kill. Last night I finally killed a boss despite the lag and was running around in circles afterwards cheering my tail off. Suddenly I got warped to where the bosses last poison pool was and died. Nothing more fun than that! At least I did get my loot from it. More junk to vendor and use the money to buy upgrades.

The amount of butthurt in this forum about this game is getting old. You guys act like Blizzard took your first born, train them as Sith lords and had them fight you.

Seriously though, just don't buy the game. Online DRM won't be removed along with other major complaints. I'm one of those millions that paid full price and not upset about it. I've killed too many demons to call it gaming, it's therapeutic.

OP, If Blizzard made Intel chips you would still be paying full price for a Pentium 3 processor.

Stop being a penniless hippie and get a job and pay for the game. Jesus.

I've already put 40x the hours in D3 than I did in Torchlight 1. Yep, that's right I bought TL1 for $5 and played it for 1hour. Great purchase. I haven't even leveled by other 4 D3 characters much less even started Inferno yet (halfway to lvl60 right now).

Like someone said before Blizzard is the Apple of video games.

The amount of butthurt in this forum about this game is getting old. You guys act like Blizzard took your first born, train them as Sith lords and had them fight you.

Seriously though, just don't buy the game. Online DRM won't be removed along with other major complaints. I'm one of those millions that paid full price and not upset about it. I've killed too many demons to call it gaming, it's therapeutic.

OP, If Blizzard made Intel chips you would still be paying full price for a Pentium 3 processor.

Actually I play Sith in SWTOR and love killing other Sith. Peace is a lie!

if you are that cheap wait until an expansion and you canget both for $60 in a battlechest

Don't worry about missing out on the game for now OP. The game as it's self is excellent but it has many issues that will detract from your enjoyment.

It's a kill monsters until your eyes bleed for gear upgrades. The only catch is that the gear that drops has random stats and 95% of the time drops gear 10 levels lower than you. Which is beyond useless gear. Meaning that after I got out the starter gear I never got another upgrade from killing bosses, rare elites, named mobs, etc leading to the next point why you should wait.

The game is based around killing mobs and getting gold to buy upgrades from the other 6 million people playing and posting stuff on the auction house. You post your warrior gear that dropped for your demon hunter and use that money to outfit your demon hunter. The catch 22 is that the servers are so laggy and unstable that the auction house is down for maintenance 90% of the time or kicks out errors that you have to Google to figure out why you didn't get your pants of ass kicking. 20% of the time the error says my purchase didn't go through so I buy something else and 10 minutes later the first item shows in my inventory so now I have purchased 2 items for the same slot. See the problem? Makes you want to kick puppies.

The last big problem is that the servers are laggy for many players especially East coast players and the single player game requires an internet connection. There is a game mode for elitists called Hardcore where if you die you lose your character. Add in 400ms - 2,000ms for me and there isn't a way I'd even attempt harddcore mode. I can't dodge one fireball a boss throws at me because even if I dodge it on my screen the game warps me back into it 5 seconds later. Now imagine trying to play a mode where your character is deleted if you die. Sounds like fun huh? :) 50mb Time Warner cable here that has 22ms when I play BF3 so it isn't me.

So at this point although the game is excellent and has a great atmosphere, it's not worth $60 especially if you have a backlog of games. Wait until you've cleared your backlog out and hopefully Blizzard can get the game more stable within a year or so. Right now it's not as robust an experience only due to the glaring problems that bite you in the ass every mob you kill. Last night I finally killed a boss despite the lag and was running around in circles afterwards cheering my tail off. Suddenly I got warped to where the bosses last poison pool was and died. Nothing more fun than that! At least I did get my loot from it. More junk to vendor and use the money to buy upgrades.

Im here to debunk some of this inflammatory crap

1. most of your experiences seem to be based on the game in normal difficult level. Normal difficulty needs to be treated as "tard" mode, blizzard made the game accessible and to do so they brought the base difficulty down in order to teach people unfamiliar with the series how to play. Normal mode allows any moron to play their character without having much skill and still be able to "complete" the game. Loot is bountiful and the game is incredibly easy. Starting from nightmare on things get more difficult, and all that junk you got in normal is laughably obsolete. That build you were using with no escape abilities? Not going to work anymore. The meat of the game is in the higher difficulty levels where you have to do some serious theorycrafting and gearing in order to survive in hell and inferno. This is also where the depth of the loot and crafting system starts to shine.

2. Gross exaggerations about lag and server downtime aside(I only had my game interrupted on launch day) yes the game revolves around grinding loot, you must be pretty dense if you picked up the box and decided to buy it based on the interpersonal relationships and character development. If you didnt like diablo 2 you wont like this game. On a side note, the only problem i ever had with the auction house was when i would buy a gem at the price i searched for it at and end getting money REFUNDED to me because the price went down by the time I actually clicked buy. The game has 1 auction house with I would say at least 3 million people using it, I would not consider a bug or glitch here or there out of the scope of reality within the first month of launch.

3. Here is the only part I agree with, I have run into spots of lag 3 or 4 times in the last 10 days, I am on a fast connection so I assume it was just a server side problem. This does not indicate to me a chronic problem but I will concede your point, the issue regarding online only has been beaten to death. Primarily they wanted to stop piracy(at least in the short term), it had the secondary effect of allowing them to lock down cheating easier as well, thats also how they tried to spin it. Any game company is going to do this, especially when the subject is as touchy as DRM. Sorry, this is the way the market is headed and there really isnt anything you can do about it, even voting with your wallet wont change anything. They just will stop making PC games all together. Unless you can give them concrete proof that DRM will cost them more money than its worth in the long run this is a waste of time.

Conclusion: The price of this game is not going to change much, nor is blizzard going to take " a year" to sort the issues it has had out. If you have a backlog of games by all means wait, if not, go for it! Personally I am having a blast with the game and have sunk over 30 hours into it, there are not many games out there that can hold my attention that long.

P.S. if you liked Diablo or D2 you will love this game. If you dont like this type of game, there isnt anything new thats going to change your mind.

Last edited:
Im here to debunk some of this inflammatory crap

1. most of your experiences seem to be based on the game in normal difficult level. Normal difficulty needs to be treated as "tard" mode, blizzard made the game accessible and to do so they brought the base difficulty down in order to teach people unfamiliar with the series how to play. Normal mode allows any moron to play their character without having much skill and still be able to "complete" the game. Loot is bountiful and the game is incredibly easy. Starting from nightmare on things get more difficult, and all that junk you got in normal is laughably obsolete. That build you were using with no escape abilities? Not going to work anymore. The meat of the game is in the higher difficulty levels where you have to do some serious theorycrafting and gearing in order to survive in hell and inferno. This is also where the depth of the loot and crafting system starts to shine.

2. Gross exaggerations about lag and server downtime aside(I only had my game interrupted on launch day) yes the game revolves around grinding loot, you must be pretty dense if you picked up the box and decided to buy it based on the interpersonal relationships and character development. If you didnt like diablo 2 you wont like this game. On a side note, the only problem i ever had with the auction house was when i would buy a gem at the price i searched for it at and end getting money REFUNDED to me because the price went down by the time I actually clicked buy. The game has 1 auction house with I would say at least 3 million people using it, I would not consider a bug or glitch here or there out of the scope of reality within the first month of launch.

3. Here is the only part I agree with, I have run into spots of lag 3 or 4 times in the last 10 days, I am on a fast connection so I assume it was just a server side problem. This does not indicate to me a chronic problem but I will concede your point, the issue regarding online only has been beaten to death. Primarily they wanted to stop piracy(at least in the short term), it had the secondary effect of allowing them to lock down cheating easier as well, thats also how they tried to spin it. Any game company is going to do this, especially when the subject is as touchy as DRM. Sorry, this is the way the market is headed and there really isnt anything you can do about it, even voting with your wallet wont change anything. They just will stop making PC games all together. Unless you can give them concrete proof that DRM will cost them more money than its worth in the long run this is a waste of time.

Conclusion: The price of this game is not going to change much, nor is blizzard going to take " a year" to sort the issues it has had out. If you have a backlog of games by all means wait, if not, go for it! Personally I am having a blast with the game and have sunk over 30 hours into it, there are not many games out there that can hold my attention that long.

P.S. if you liked Diablo or D2 you will love this game. If you dont like this type of game, there isnt anything new thats going to change your mind.

1). I'm in the Keep and a few quests from going to the next section in Nightmare mode. I'm getting level 27 gear with the occasional level 32 item. My current level is 45. I don't wear blue gear; strictly golds. There aren't drops for me at all. Everything I own has come from the AH since I got out of the whites they gave me at the start. I break every pot and kill every mob and farm elites by logging out and back in to see if I can get an upgrade. I'll do this 20 times and get every other classes gear but zero for me. Nothing nada zilch. I have 7 mules full of rare gold items. I disenchant bags of the crap at a time. I have over 1000 essences and I don't have a lot of time invested in the game. I play a Demon Hunter so everything is pretty easy mode so far.

2). When I login to play the AH is down or does the error thing. My latency is 400ms - 2,000ms in game. Sometimes I buy something and I don't get the item nor recognition that I bought it. I go back to playing and boom all of a sudden my gold goes down 10 minutes later while playing. I logout of the game and low and behold my item is now available in the AH window.

Why does it do this? Hell if I know. I just paid $60 like you and this is my experience. What do I have to lie about? It's a damn game and I'm telling you what happens to me when I play. Maybe you get instant items. I don't unless I buy them at 5am then my latency is 195ms but I'm sleepy and don't want to play then as I have real life things to prepare myself for at 5am. I'm checking the AH before my work schedule begins to see if any of my items sold. When I get error messages I like to Google them to figure out if it is something I can fix myself as it irks me. So far it seems to be all Blizzard server lag issues.

Do you know how to get my latency down in the game? When I play BF3 my latency is bad when it gets to 30ms as usually it's at 22ms. Maybe this might cure my AH problems. I don't work for Blizzard and I haven't seen a guide to doing so for Blizzard games as every other game I have doesn't exhibit this behavior. My nearly 400 Steam games don't have this issue and I don't have a reason to lie about it. My latency to the Asian servers is 258ms, but the best I can do is 400ms to the American servers when I have time to play? I'm playing in single player mode and it shouldn't be this way. I tried to play with my WoW guild member from WoW's launch and he says he can't stand to have me in the party as my character is spastic like it's on crack. It's not acceptable. Period!

Like I said the game is additively fun without a doubt. But until Blizzard fixes their server problems as 100% of my gear comes from the AH, it's not time to partake of it's treasures. The OP shouldn't worry about missing out on the game as it's server stability is still in Beta form in my opinion. The game it's self deserves a 97 /100 rating. But due to server instability I can't go over 82 / 100 rating for it due to the fact that a stable server is mandatory for this title to perform optimally. Nobody plays these type games to look at the environments and chit chat with other players while sitting in a city hub. They want to kill things and that requires A+++ server support from Blizzard and it's just not there yet.

That's how I see Diablo III. An awesome experience marred by it's own success. If they didn't try to fit 6.5 million people onto one AH and server then maybe we wouldn't lag so much. Just a parting thought.

It's possible in the sense that the sun could possibly explode tomorrow.

Starcraft 2 is a comparable title release by the same company almost two years ago in July 2010 for $60. Current price on Newegg? $50. Lowest online price according to Google is Amazon at $45. So no, in 30 days, Diablo 3 isn't going to sell at a lower price than what's being charged for another Blizzard game that's almost two years old.

Tadaaaaaaaa
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/74702/best-buy-starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty-macwindows-game

1). I'm in the Keep and a few quests from going to the next section in Nightmare mode. I'm getting level 27 gear with the occasional level 32 item. My current level is 45. I don't wear blue gear; strictly golds. There aren't drops for me at all. Everything I own has come from the AH since I got out of the whites they gave me at the start. I break every pot and kill every mob and farm elites by logging out and back in to see if I can get an upgrade. I'll do this 20 times and get every other classes gear but zero for me. Nothing nada zilch. I have 7 mules full of rare gold items. I disenchant bags of the crap at a time. I have over 1000 essences and I don't have a lot of time invested in the game. I play a Demon Hunter so everything is pretty easy mode so far.

2). When I login to play the AH is down or does the error thing. My latency is 400ms - 2,000ms in game. Sometimes I buy something and I don't get the item nor recognition that I bought it. I go back to playing and boom all of a sudden my gold goes down 10 minutes later while playing. I logout of the game and low and behold my item is now available in the AH window.

Why does it do this? Hell if I know. I just paid $60 like you and this is my experience. What do I have to lie about? It's a damn game and I'm telling you what happens to me when I play. Maybe you get instant items. I don't unless I buy them at 5am then my latency is 195ms but I'm sleepy and don't want to play then as I have real life things to prepare myself for at 5am. I'm checking the AH before my work schedule begins to see if any of my items sold. When I get error messages I like to Google them to figure out if it is something I can fix myself as it irks me. So far it seems to be all Blizzard server lag issues.

Do you know how to get my latency down in the game? When I play BF3 my latency is bad when it gets to 30ms as usually it's at 22ms. Maybe this might cure my AH problems. I don't work for Blizzard and I haven't seen a guide to doing so for Blizzard games as every other game I have doesn't exhibit this behavior. My nearly 400 Steam games don't have this issue and I don't have a reason to lie about it. My latency to the Asian servers is 258ms, but the best I can do is 400ms to the American servers when I have time to play? I'm playing in single player mode and it shouldn't be this way. I tried to play with my WoW guild member from WoW's launch and he says he can't stand to have me in the party as my character is spastic like it's on crack. It's not acceptable. Period!

Like I said the game is additively fun without a doubt. But until Blizzard fixes their server problems as 100% of my gear comes from the AH, it's not time to partake of it's treasures. The OP shouldn't worry about missing out on the game as it's server stability is still in Beta form in my opinion. The game it's self deserves a 97 /100 rating. But due to server instability I can't go over 82 / 100 rating for it due to the fact that a stable server is mandatory for this title to perform optimally. Nobody plays these type games to look at the environments and chit chat with other players while sitting in a city hub. They want to kill things and that requires A+++ server support from Blizzard and it's just not there yet.

That's how I see Diablo III. An awesome experience marred by it's own success. If they didn't try to fit 6.5 million people onto one AH and server then maybe we wouldn't lag so much. Just a parting thought.

Well the answer is pretty obvious to me as to why you are getting level 27-32 drops in act 1 of nightmare, I understand you are level 45 but you have way outleveled that act, By level 45 you should be in act 4 of nightmare and moving on to hell. Everything is easy because you are fighting mobs that are 10 levels lower than you, from the way you describe it you are doing alot of farming for gold and loot and not a whole lot of leveling.

As to your lag, I dont know what the problem is for you, I can only tell you that I live in central timezone and play nearly every day between 6pm-11pm and rarely have any lag issues. There may be a problem with whatever route your connection takes you to blizzards servers. Your experience seems to be atypical of what the average person will encounter.

As far as the AH goes, I think its kind of a double edge sword, on the plus side you can get really nice gear on the cheap, on the downside that really nice gear you found isnt worth crap. Thats why for the moment I stack gold find, if i find something good i can use i wear it, otherwise good stuff i get goes to alts or i throw it on the AH for 1-3k

Well the answer is pretty obvious to me as to why you are getting level 27-32 drops in act 1 of nightmare, I understand you are level 45 but you have way outleveled that act, By level 45 you should be in act 4 of nightmare and moving on to hell. Everything is easy because you are fighting mobs that are 10 levels lower than you, from the way you describe it you are doing alot of farming for gold and loot and not a whole lot of leveling.

As to your lag, I dont know what the problem is for you, I can only tell you that I live in central timezone and play nearly every day between 6pm-11pm and rarely have any lag issues. There may be a problem with whatever route your connection takes you to blizzards servers. Your experience seems to be atypical of what the average person will encounter.

As far as the AH goes, I think its kind of a double edge sword, on the plus side you can get really nice gear on the cheap, on the downside that really nice gear you found isnt worth crap. Thats why for the moment I stack gold find, if i find something good i can use i wear it, otherwise good stuff i get goes to alts or i throw it on the AH for 1-3k

I have to agree with you. I entered Nightmare at level 35 as I killed every possible enemy on every map to uncover it in Normal mode. I didn't farm normal mode but I made sure I saw everything possible in the game. Maybe I should have skipped 75% of it and just followed the golden arrow to the end of each level in hindsight. I thought this was a grinder game where you killed stuff to get loot to wear. so that's how I was playing the game initially. Plus I can't stand a greyed out map. :)

I live on the East Coast in North Carolina on 50mb Time Warner Cable. Like I said I don't have issues with other games. In SWTOR my latency is 22ms - 25ms normally and climbs to 35ms in 16 man raids. In Diablo III if I search for a gem I get the timeout message. I have yet to complete a successful gem search. I can search for other weapons and armor some of the time without the time out message but it still occurs. Maybe Blizz stuck the game servers in CA or something.

But yes the game is fine and great fun when I'm not lagging. The worst lag spikes enable Max Payne bullet time mode and I can kill bosses while they are trapped in lag hell. Next time it happens I hope FRAPS is running so you can see me solo bosses while they can't fight back. Ha ha. It doesn't happen a lot and requires 2,000+ latency but it does happen.

:)

I don't think it's going to hit $30 any time soon, but it's already been $50 on a pre-order special, so I don't think $40 is all that implausible this year.

LOL. Of course, when you click through the link, you discover it's "sold out online" nor is it available to order online and pick up at a Best Buy store. Best Buy has even disabled the normal ability to check on its site if the item is in stock at a store. The only way you're going to be able to buy this title for its $30 sales price is to go into a store where, of course, there's no guarantee it'll even be in stock. They've set up hurdles to basically force you to walk into one of their stores where there's a good chance you'll walk out empty-handed since Best Buy doesn't stock many copies of PC titles. This is more of a bait-and-switch than a sale.

To be clear, for anyone interested, this is $30 for Starcraft 2, not Diablo 3.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back