will a OC7850 have the Horsepower ?

AP514

Limp Gawd
I was looking at the Display forums and alot of people are getting those 27" ips from Korea. For $300ish it is a great deal....Now I was wondering if a OC saphire 7850 will be able to handle that Res ?

here is my Buils so far

i5 3570K--CPU
Ga-Z77X-D3H--Mobo
8GB Ram --- still looking SUGGESTIONS ??
SSD--waiting for the256-- M4 to go on sale this month :)
CPU Cooler-- 212 EVO
NZXT Source 210 Elite--Case
GPU--Still looking
PSU --http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095 but depends on what GPU I get.

Display I have now 19" 1280 x 1024

That card is a bit faster than a 580 with a decent OC on it, I would not run a 2560x1440 display on it and expect to get more than 30fps at good IQ settings in any demanding game (BF3, Skyrim, etc). Something like a 7950 would be much better if you want an AMD card, what is your budget?

If you're looking at high settings, the HD 7850 won't be able to cut it. Go for the GTX 670 at the least. That PSU will be fine for the GTX 670.

As for the RAM, you'll be fine with this RAM:
$40 - G.Skill Value Series F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM

Also, if you're gonna be overclocking, I recommend this mobo instead:
$150 - MSI Z77A-G45 Intel Z77 ATX Motherboard

Well, Already got the MOBO......Plan on dablin' in OC on it..should have gone w/ the -UD3H

RAM---Still the Value series....hum..OK by me..:)

GPU-- Man thats what I figured......I was thinking a GTX 680 min for that display..just was hope'n I would not have to got to the $400 + price range to get good FPS.

I play -----old BF2 mod -PROJECT REALITY, But looking forward to MECHWARRIOR ONLINE (MWO)
it is due out in August.....
Budget ?? open But got real life stuff..would like to keep price down but have not upgraded Computer in 5 years....see my sig

Hum now the big Question--Would it be worth buying say a 24" good monitor w/ a 7850.
OR
Fork over the extra cash and get the 27" and say a GTX 680/ what ever the AMD = is
Im just not sure what the Price diff would be....

Need some Advice here..........

Hum now the big Question--Would it be worth buying say a 24" good monitor w/ a 7850.
OR
Fork over the extra cash and get the 27" and say a GTX 680/ what ever the AMD = is

Either route will have the same longevity FYI.

As for a price difference, a solid 24" monitor for gaming is around $200. The 27" LCD monitor you speak of costs around $305 give or take. The HD 7850 is $150 and $250 cheaper than the GTX 670 and GTX 680 respectively. So the total price difference is $250 give or take.

As to what to do, read up on the 27" monitor and see if you truly and uttery want it.

Well, After alot of looking (on Display forum)........ that CROSSOVER - IPS 27" monitor looks SWEET Found it on Ebay for $350+$50Square Trade (extra-3 year warranty)..So $400 bucks...

So now what CARD..im still looking into the GTX 670/680's and the 7900 series also want to spend around $500..I do not want to skimp on the Horsepower to drive that New Monitor 2560x 1440 (want to get good FPS)

Well, Already got the MOBO......Plan on dablin' in OC on it..should have gone w/ the -UD3H

RAM---Still the Value series....hum..OK by me..:)

GPU-- Man thats what I figured......I was thinking a GTX 680 min for that display..just was hope'n I would not have to got to the $400 + price range to get good FPS.

I play -----old BF2 mod -PROJECT REALITY, But looking forward to MECHWARRIOR ONLINE (MWO)
it is due out in August.....
Budget ?? open But got real life stuff..would like to keep price down but have not upgraded Computer in 5 years....see my sig

OR

Games you play.. What are they?

Throw in another $100 for a 7950 instead of a 7850 for games at that resolution.

winky---you missed my post above im Getting a 27" IPs monitor....
it is now either a GTX680 or the HD7970..
I am just looking for brand names and advice on why 1 is better than other

Sorry about that. I'm so much more used to looking at avatars as opposed to people's names on other forums :p. For 7970, here's a good place to start: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-overclock-review,3186.html

The HIS 7970 looks pretty decent in both performance and cooling and it's quite a bit cheaper than the MSI Lightning.

For Nvidia, probably look into the Asus DCUII / Gigabyte WF3 / EVGA FTW GTX 670. Don't know the 680 cards that well...

Personally I'd go with the GTX 670 or GTX 680 since both GPUs are faster than the HD 7970 and has Nvidia's slightly more reliable and faster releasing drivers.

im going for it.........a 4GB -- GTX 680 (about $700 bucks after the 7 year Warranty) to go with the 27" IPS Crossover 2560 x 1440 ($400 after Square Deal 3 yr Warranty).

My hopes are the extra Ram will get me more FPS (Hope to run in upper 60's) or at least help push this monster.Also, keep me a bit future proof.

I guess my $1500 budget just went out the window. those 2 items above are going to be $1100..

So i will be close to 2K......total build

Back