WiiU Preorder up now

Demon10000

Supreme [H]ardness
Online Pre-Orders: Remember, release day is November 18th, 2012, which is a Sunday. Regardless of vendor, if you order online, the soonest you're probably going to get it is Monday the 19th. If you want it sooner, try to get an in-store pre-order so you can stop in on Sunday and pick it up.

Available Packages:
Basic Package: $299.99
White console with 8GB. Gamepad, HDMI Cable, Sensor Bar, Stylus, AC Adapters

Delux Package: $349.99
Black console with 32GB. Gamepad, HDMI Cable, Sensor Bar, Stylus, AC Adapters, gamepad charging cradle, gamepad stand, console stand, Nintendo Land (game)

Gamestop: Preorders started 9/13
SOLD OUT
Gamestop is providing a Wait List. You have to go into the store and to get put on it, and you also have to be a member of their Power Up Rewards program (free).
Here are the details.

Best Buy: Preorders started 9/14
SOLD OUT

Walmart: Preorders started ??
$399.99 Build your own bundle. Basic/deluxe set, limited game selection, and WiiMote

NOTE: Web Page indicates that the item will ship on 12/31/2012. Make sure you're ok with that if you're pre-ordering at Walmart!
UPDATE: Shipping date is now 11/18/2012

UPDATE: Walmart is down to the basic package. You're required to bundle it with a game and a controller, but the controller can be a classic controller now. Minimum package is $409.99.

Target: Preorders started ??
SOLD OUT

Toys R Us: Preorders started ??
SOLD OUT

K-Mart:preorders started ??
SOLD OUT

Frys
SOLD OUT

If you want want on release and don't feel like camping out or paying an incredibly high price for one, you should order soon. Gamestop only requires $50 down ($25 if you have one of their cards). Some stores are allowing you to pre-order at the store for pickup on release day, but these options are going to go fast. Many stores have already sold out of their pre-orders. If you wait too long, you're going to end up buying a crappy bundle you don't want.

Last edited:
Do you have a good link or something I could check out that would show me what is cool about the Wii U, or why anyone would want to buy one other than to play a new Mario game?

If you're looking into pre-ordering a WiiU, you already know you want it. This thread is just here to help keep track of the places offering pre-orders.

Try this thread for more information.

Do you have a good link or something I could check out that would show me what is cool about the Wii U, or why anyone would want to buy one other than to play a new Mario game?

I could have swore I saw you posting in the other thread that is exactly this.... Go back to it.

Still thinking about this. I have an allergic reaction everytime I go near a gamestop, so if I pre order anything, it wont be through them.

Still thinking about this. I have an allergic reaction everytime I go near a gamestop, so if I pre order anything, it wont be through them.

hah, I had the same reaction. But my interaction is: place order, pick up wiiu on release day.

To be honest, I've been through so many releases and never picked up a preorder. I've played hell going around looking for consoles and/or paying extra after release... I just wanted to be done with it. It was worth a small deal with the devil to not have to deal with it again.

dont know if it wasn't showing before b/c you stated no bundles yet, but there are other eb bundles showing now... that is unless you meant packaged bundles from Nintendo

dont know if it wasn't showing before b/c you stated no bundles yet, but there are other eb bundles showing now... that is unless you meant packaged bundles from Nintendo

They didn't have any bundles when I ordered, so I've added them to the list. Thanks!

Best Buy preoders are up; links are in the top post.

im going to gamestop this weekend and going to ask about pre-ordering from there

What is it you need to know about the pre-orders? Links are up top to the gamestop preorders and the items in the various bundles are detailed, too.

i want to be able to pick it up in the store not wait for it to ship to me

Aahh -- the answer is yes. You can pre-order at the store and then pick it up on release day. That's what I did. I'll add that to the OP in case anyone else is interested.

The hell's Amazon's deal?

Amazon US doesn't have the system available for pre-order (Amazon UK and others do). No idea what Amazon US's problem is with Nintendo, but they also aren't selling 3DS and have never sold 3DS XL.

O
$509.96 Classic Bundle : Deluxe Package, New Super Mario Bros. U, Lego City Undercover, Wii Remote Plus White
$509.96 Big Boy Bundle: Deluxe Package, Zombie U, Assassin's Creed III, WiiU Headset
$459.96 Family Bundle: Deluxe Package, Rayman Legends, Family Party, Nerf Bundle (there is a note about it not having a gamepad)
$439.97 Ninja Bundle: Deluxe Pacakge, Ninja Gaiden 3, Energizer WiiU Charge Station *

All down/changed/gone. Energizer link is good.

Last edited:
I received an email from Amazon telling me that it wasn't available yet. Kind of a weird email...

I received an email from Amazon telling me that it wasn't available yet. Kind of a weird email...

Can we see it?

They need to get their shit together. It's that simple.

The whole flap (to my understanding) was there was a bad batch of defective 3DS or some such, Amazon got a bunch of returns, complained to Nintendo, Nintendo disavowed all of it, and Amazon said screw them basically.

So if they wanted to distance from the handhelds I can almost get that but this makes ZERO sense and is flat out stupid.

It's a VERY rare occasion I would ever say something like that about Amazon but here we are.

Nintendo's going to move a lot of these on launch day. Each day Amazon sits on their hands is that much more preorders going to competition. Stupid!

Plenty of people like me would prefer to lock down risk free/no money down preorders the Amazon pain free way every time so there's some room here for patience but at some point it's going to start costing Amazon. They need to get on it ASAP.

http://kotaku.com/5943490/

GameStop has, nationwide, sold out its preorder stock of deluxe Wii U models, says Fahey. Basic bundles are dwindling.

WOW!

EDIT: In the time it took me to update that post, Target has closed down its pre-orders for at least the deluxe edition.

Best Buy is no longer taking pre-orders for either version online. You may be able to pre-order one in a store, but that could quickly change and of course would vary from store to store.

Wal-Mart is offering a pre-order bundle only, so if you go with them it's going to either cost $399 for a basic or $449 for a deluxe, both with your choice of a remote and a game. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-...ce-of-Wii-U-Game-and-Wii-Remote-Plus/21803986

Target is apparently still accepting pre-orders online for both the basic and the deluxe. They're not in stores though. http://www.target.com/p/wii-u-32gb-deluxe-set-console-black-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-14174037

Toys-R-Us had the basic model available for pre-order earlier this morning, it's now sold out. You can still pre-order the deluxe model from them. I've heard you can pre-order in stores, I don't know as I don't have one near me. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15439636

GameStop has of course sold out of the deluxe online and in stores. You can still get a basic one from them as of right now. http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consoles/nintendo-wii-u-8gb-basic-set/104795

Kmart/Sears has the deluxe available for pre-order online, they are out of the basic. http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018W005471094001P?adCell=W3

I don't think Amazon is going to have it available for pre-order at this rate.

I hope so, otherwise I won't be getting one at launch especially at the rate the preorders are disappearing. I've already missed the boat.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/

Notice the retailers there. Obviously those aren't the only places that will be selling it, but the lack of Amazon there is pretty telling IMO. Too bad. Actually I think it's absolutely insane.

Might pick one up sometime after launch from Wal Mart or something. Of course there will be the "shortages" so maybe 1st quarter 2013 I'll snag one.

My gaming plate is pretty damned full. This is just plain stupid, though.

Clearly the big N has a runaway hit launch in the makings here and I never say this but Amazon REALLY blew it big time here.

Bottom line: If you want a Wii-U at launch ACT NOW!

Last edited:
Can we see it?

Sorry; was on my table last night and my stupid email client won't let me copy/paste. Here's the email:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change.
We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out.
Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.

This wasn't triggered by something I did recently... I signed up for the notification quite a while back (months ago).

Original Post has been updated with all the links... let me know if I missed any.

Last edited:
Look at my previous posts. These things are flying.

If people want this thing they need to act now. I think the big N is going to have a runaway hit as far as the launch itself is concerned.

I think this is utterly unforgivable on Amazon's part and I'm practically an Amazon fanboy saying that. Horrible, senseless business decision here.

Quick question: If you're name isn't Amazon, your card gets charged if you place an online preorder with anyone else on the spot.

True or false? I'm looking at Toys R Us, for example, for a Deluxe.

I sent this email to Amazon and I encourage anyone that wants to be able to preorder a Wii-U from them to firebomb them with requests:

Please offer and sell the Nintendo Wii-U. It releases on 11-18-12. You all already have games and accessories for it here for preorder but not systems themselves.

I know that you all had some issues with some of their handheld products in the past but this new console is already selling out preorders very quickly. Nintendo has always offered top quality control on their game consoles.

It's going to be a very popular system and sell well. ALL off your competitors are making a killing on preorders right now and selling out.

A lot of people like me would LOVE to do business with you all for this item. PLEASE sell it and PLEASE offer preorders for it as soon as possible.

PLEASE.

Best Regards,
Eric W.

Last edited:
False Q-BZ, most vendors don't charge until it is being processed for shipment.

I pre-ordered mine at toys r us for a deluxe, unfortunately shoprunner option wouldn't show up for me for free 2nd-day so I had to pay an extra $13 + tax for 2nd-day, kinda annoyed. Nowhere else seemed to still have it available still. I'm glad I was able to even get one in still, I meant to do it the other day but it kinda slipped my mind.

Quick question... does anyone know how online play will work? Will you have a username?

frys.com has stock at the moment.
just completed my order on a deluxe, they ship one day before release. tax and shipping kinda hurt, but thats what you get for not beating the crowd... kmart had free shipping..... meeehh

EDIT: Oh yeah, BTW, that does imply that Kmart is also SOLD OUT of the deluxe. (Or they got a site issue, it did not let me complete my order because it's "out of stock"....)
EDIT2: Nevermind, I just called them. Kmart is completely out of stock.

Last edited:
Wow I'm amazed how many hardcore PC guys are buying Wii-Us. What's the story here. ;)

Hopefully these are legit sales and not the 'sharks' gobbling these units up!

Wow I'm amazed how many hardcore PC guys are buying Wii-Us. What's the story here. ;)

Let me know when I can play new Super Mario, Kirby, Mario Kart, Zelda, etc. games on my PC ;) :). That's why. A few others like Rayman Legends (exclusive) and maybe Tank Tank Tank! look interesting as well.

frys.com has stock at the moment.
just completed my order on a deluxe, they ship one day before release. tax and shipping kinda hurt, but thats what you get for not beating the crowd... kmart had free shipping..... meeehh

EDIT: Oh yeah, BTW, that does imply that Kmart is also SOLD OUT of the deluxe. (Or they got a site issue, it did not let me complete my order because it's "out of stock"....)
EDIT2: Nevermind, I just called them. Kmart is completely out of stock.

Hm, Frys has no Deluxe listing now :eek:. That would have rocked since I would have saved on shipping + tax. EDIT: Found it! EDIT2: Thanks, saved me $24 on the pre-order, leaving the toysrus one in-place in case anyone I know wants it, before I cancel :p. Though, I may shark it.... ;).

Last edited:

I am completely sold on NSMBU. I cant watch a video without getting giddy. I have no idea why either. Plus I plan on picking up as well...
ZombiU
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Tekken Tag 2 (maybe)
on the eshop: Nano Assault Neo

and I'm totally ready for these 2 soon:
Monster Hunter 3
Bayonetta 2

also this makes me happy...
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13/xenoblade-team-creating-new-game-for-wii-u/

Then theres that TVii thing... Its is just a plus, not a selling point.... :)

Hm, Frys has no Deluxe listing now :eek:. That would have rocked since I would have saved on shipping + tax. EDIT: Found it! EDIT2: Thanks, saved me $24 on the pre-order, leaving the toysrus one in-place in case anyone I know wants it, before I cancel :p. Though, I may shark it.... ;).

WTF, $24? No sales tax for you?
I R JELLY

Oh and I should say thank you, for I now have an order with toys r us as well :D

Last edited:
Hopefully these are legit sales and not the 'sharks' gobbling these units up!

You know good and damned well there's sharking. ;)

Ebay already has $599 units and such up there waiting.

I got all excited for a second when I saw a Wii-U console listing on Amazon...sure enough, it's some more sharks.

I was able to preorder a deluxe console on Fry's.com, but we'll see if it ships when the time comes.

I am completely sold on NSMBU. I cant watch a video without getting giddy. I have no idea why either. Plus I plan on picking up as well...
ZombiU
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Tekken Tag 2 (maybe)
on the eshop: Nano Assault Neo

and I'm totally ready for these 2 soon:
Monster Hunter 3
Bayonetta 2

also this makes me happy...
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13/xenoblade-team-creating-new-game-for-wii-u/

Then theres that TVii thing... Its is just a plus, not a selling point.... :)

WTF, $24? No sales tax for you?
I R JELLY

Oh and I should say thank you, for I now have an order with toys r us as well :D

Welcome sir :D. So Nano Assault Neo is going to be a cheaper downloadable game? Sweet, if so... it had me wanting it big time.

In for a Deluxe for $375 shipped through Toys R Us. I wish Amazon had these... you know the deal : no tax, and free 2 day shipping for us Prime members. If Amazon does go up at some point (and I catch it while available) I will submit a pre-order from them.

Quick question: If you're name isn't Amazon, your card gets charged if you place an online preorder with anyone else on the spot.

True or false? I'm looking at Toys R Us, for example, for a Deluxe.

Order with a credit card. There's no such thing as a pending charge on a debit card. With a debit card, you're bank account takes the hit, so it might as well be an official charge. With a credit, only your available spending balance gets hit, but it's not something you have a pay off the next statement.

I'm thinking I'm interested in, for sure...

New Super Mario Bros U
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Rayman Legends
Nano Assault Neo downloadable
EDIT: Pikmin 3
EDIT: Lego City Undercover

Likely want...
Tank Tank Tank!
ZombiU
Nintendo Land (which I'll have anyway since it comes packed-in)

And the only non-exclusive, which is a big maybe....
Marvel Avengers Battle for Earth (can't find much info on it)

More exclusives I want the instant they're available (titles guessed)...
"Zelda U"
"Super Mario Kart U"
"Mario Galaxy U"

Last edited:
In for a Deluxe for $375 shipped through Toys R Us. I wish Amazon had these... you know the deal : no tax, and free 2 day shipping for us Prime members. If Amazon does go up at some point (and I catch it while available) I will submit a pre-order from them.

Same... would love a free release-day delivery with Prime, no tax, etc. :D.

Amazon needs to get their shit together and get real here.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/ I don't even see them listed here. Are you serious? Is someone smoking meth or something?

I guess Toys R Us is as good as any choice based on what you all are telling me.

LOTS of people banging both Nintendo and Amazon on their respective social media outlets so there's noise out there.

Someone needs to get a clue. Fast.

Toys R Us is gone now, too. I'm betting if I make my rounds I'm going to see most preorders just about finished. As I predicted earlier in this thread and another: ALL preorders will be wiped out by the time this weekend is finished.

Way to go Amazon.

Clearly this launch is going to be a runaway hit for Nintendo.

Last edited:
As of around 4am eastern I believe all places were sold out of deluxe, and many on the basic. Frys had some deluxe listed but I am guessing it is gone or oversold by now.

As of around 4am eastern I believe all places were sold out of deluxe, and many on the basic. Frys had some deluxe listed but I am guessing it is gone or oversold by now.

Some Basics out there with Gamestop and strays...that'll be gone real soon.

I hope this isn't "it" between now and launch. And I really better see Amazon show up.

I think Newegg wasn't listing the console at all, either. I don't get it.

Store allocations are pretty low for gamestops they are avoiding not having enough my local store is getting 14 of the 349 units. I got lucky I'm 13 out of 14.

Back