Wii price drop all but confirmed? $199 soon.

phobic

Supreme [H]ardness
So someone apparently leaked an internal memo from Best Buy saying that Nintendo is dropping the price of the Wii to $199 starting on 27 Sept.

Anyone care? At all?

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/22/wii-price-drop-confirmed-199-starting-this-weekend/

I had a Wii when they first came out and after running through Zelda and Mario Galaxy, the final straw was the shitty online experience that was Super Smash Bros. Maybe if I had more friends I would've kept it but alas.

I recently pulled mine out and starting playing it again.....most games on it are crap....

But the nintendo exclusives (You know'em...Mario, Zelda, Metriod, etc) I think are some top notch games....and don't for get PUNCH OUT!

My wife has been wanting one for the Fit so this will be good news. I was thinking of going to a pawn shop to pick one up for 219 but new for cheaper will be better.

cool, I might actually pick one up, I couldn't afford the wii when it was at the regular price.......

Good new for those who want a Wii. I don't know a single person who wants one.

Don't forget another $80-240 in accessories depending on how many players you'll have. That thing is a cash cow.

$40 per extra controller + $20 per nunchuck (minimum for most games) + $20 for motion+ (will probably become as required as the nunchuch) = $80 per player... not counting the balance board.

Considering most of the fun games for the Wii are all multiplayer party games it really is insanely expensive, especially for the level of hardware you get. My family uses our Wii quite a bit, but the damn thing is a money pit for playing games that look like complete ass.

ya i always enjoy playing my friend's wii when i go over to his house. but at the same time, i'm glad he's the one that spent money on extra wiimotes and stuff. i'd rather spend that money on games.

This is good news. It's still too much money in my opinion, but I'm sure they have no need to lower the price further at this point. I would buy one for $99, because I only want to try Mario Galaxy, Madworld, and Muramasa. Before long Wiis will start selling on Craigslist and that is when I will strike, if I still have any desire for one at that point.

I just want a black Nintendo Wii.
They announced it for Japan (already on sale maybe), but say no US sale. If before the end of the year they bring the black Nintendo Wii here to the states for 249 or even 199 I would buy it up, but after that I will just stick with a 360/PS3 combo.

Edit: Reason I mainly want it is because the rest of my AV setup/gear is black and I prefer a nice clean look. The white Wii just sticks out.

Don't forget another $80-240 in accessories depending on how many players you'll have. That thing is a cash cow.

Bah, the two TE fight sticks for my PS3 + second controller cleared close to 400, all consoles are horrible offenders in this area.

Plus, wii just got muramasa (which is godly) and there is no more heroes 2 on the horizon!

$40 per extra controller + $20 per nunchuck (minimum for most games) + $20 for motion+ (will probably become as required as the nunchuch) = $80 per player... not counting the balance board.

Considering most of the fun games for the Wii are all multiplayer party games it really is insanely expensive, especially for the level of hardware you get. My family uses our Wii quite a bit, but the damn thing is a money pit for playing games that look like complete ass.

lol the games are cheaper on average for new releases usually by about $10 to $20 cheaper and for what it is, it's well suited and unlike sony and ms they offer FULL HARDWARE compatability and can play any NGC game and use any NGC hardware that does not specifically require a game cube.

Bah, the two TE fight sticks for my PS3

The vast majority of people don't buy $125 speciality controllers. The Wii controlers with attachments are required for basic gameplay. $30-50 per controller for the 360 and PS3 are considerably better than the Wii equivilent.

a price drop in us probably meens they will put the price up in the uk lmao

Had our Wii for about a year now, my daughter plays the hell out of the thing and it is pretty fun. Not sure why all the Wii hate on the [H] board though.

I thought the whole purpose of games was to have fun? I stopped playing PC games for a long time because they were NOT fun, just eye candy demos with crappy story lines and balky controls.

Last PC game I played was Left4dead which was pretty cool if short.

Wake me up when it's $149 or less. I can't justify more than that for a small handful of games I actually want to play (Prime Trilogy, Twilight Princess, SM Galaxy) when the hardware is merely a SFF overclocked GameCube...

Back