Wii Pre-Orders At Gamestop!

Bowhuntr11

[H]F Junkie
Just got my e-mail!

U.S. Pre-orders for Wii tomorrow at gamestops!!

" GameStop and EB Games stores will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the Nintendo Wii console on Friday, October 13, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to reach our limit very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at that time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability. A $50 reservation deposit is required, which can be funded with cash, credit or trade. As we cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, a reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household."

Is that $50 deposit typical for system pre-orders? I'm not sure if I remember that being the case with the 360.

no need to preorder. theres gonna be a ton of these floating around.

Tutelary said:
no need to preorder. theres gonna be a ton of these floating around.

QFT. Nintendo has had absolutely no problems in the manufacturing process.

So, what's the word on color choices? Has it been confirmed that there will be more than one color choice (white)?

phide said:
So, what's the word on color choices? Has it been confirmed that there will be more than one color choice (white)?
no, they will sell you new colors after you have already bought a white one.

nintendo isnt stupid

I'm sorely tempted to head on down tomorrow and make this my first-ever hardware preorder. The only reason I would consider doing it isn't to guarantee me a console (I expect there to be plenty on store shelves, making the PS3's job that much harder) but rather as a sort of encouragement to Nintendo and developers still on the fence about the Wii. While I will continue to enjoy my [fairly new] 360, and will probably favor that console over the Wii in some genres (for example, I'm already planning to get Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the 360 because the Wii gesture controls seem inappropriate for what I expect to be frenetic play), I'm happy enough about Nintendo's direction that I'd like to see them be able to crow a bit about their orders and sales this year. :)

phide said:

There will be multiple colors, but not at launch. They're keeping the launch to white only so that buyers don't have to scramble around looking for a store that has the right color.

CellBlock said:
There will be multiple colors, but not at launch. They're keeping the launch to white only so that buyers don't have to scramble around looking for a store that has the right color.

At first I really wanted the black, but the white has grown on me so much that I don't really care anymore...

got mine at 9:43am this morning! the EB at the local mall opened 30 mins early to accomidate the growing line in the mall's hallways

system, extra wii mote and numchuck, zelda, redsteel and traumacenter!

man, im gonna be poor :*(

yea i shouldve gotten up and waited since i woke up at 6am anyways.... sick today, so decided not to wait outside since it was freezing cold. So I called all of the stores within 25 miles of me, and all of the preorders are filled. Damn.... I guess ill have to wait for an online place taking preorders...

Yeah I decided not to pre-order one...Thought I was but haven't liked anything I've really seen from the wii yet...

The EB games in my town sold out in 10 minutes. I was there around 11:30, just to see if they had any left.

Interesting.. ;)

Word on various forums is they sold out within 5-10 minutes nationwide basically at every location, of their pre-orders.

I'm glad I had one at FYE from awhile back :)!

I don't understand why there was the same amount of Wii's available at EB/Gamestop as there were PS3's.

I thought there would be an amazing amount of Wii's available at launch?

My theory is this is a calculated move on the part of Gamestop to drum up demand. Have a limited pre-sell, advertise that it's sold out and won't have any more for ordering for a month. If you don't read websites that cover gaming news, which I would suspect is >90% of the USA, you wouldn't know that this was a small presell and nintendo is expecting 1 million+ at launch. So, since it sold out, it must be hot and people want one. If they had a huge number to presell, or if it took a few days to pre-sell them all, it would appear to be not as hot a product, and so some may hold of getting it. This way, artificial shortage=increased demand.

When the true launch occurs, more people pick them up just due to the hype. Plus, given price and availability, people that can't get the PS3 decide to pick one up before they "sell out" to keep the little ones at home happy. So while the market will likely be saturated by the time christmas hits, marketing like this keep the clueless general population desiring one, and will drive up hype/sales come launch.

Same thing is happening with TMX elmo. Demand is sky high because of a limited launch for a toy most kids I've talked to don't really like. But adults see that it's sold out and assume they need to get one. In a few weeks, Fisher-price floods the market and they will sell like hotcakes.

KidzMD said:
If they had a huge number to presell, or if it took a few days to pre-sell them all, it would appear to be not as hot a product, and so some may hold of getting it. This way, artificial shortage=increased demand.

QFT!

Back