Recently I acquired a second 7900gt in order to use SLI. I am big into S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and have started playing oblivion again. The 7900s in SLI allow me to now game at resolutions like 1920x1080.
My computer monitor does not support anything over 1280x1024, but my Samsung DLP can do up to 1920x1080. My TV allows me to change the screen format to "Wide PC" when the resolution is set to 1280x720 , which reduces the picture size to 92%, so there is no overdraw off of the screen. Unfortunatly "wide PC" is not an option when gaming above 1280x720, I believe because 720p is the native resolution of the TV.
So my question is, is there a program that will allow me to reduce the screen size, or change the viewport size (not custom resolutions as those tend not to work)? So that I can see the HUD at resolutions above 720p?
EDIT : Oh yeah my computer is connected to my TV through DVI.
My computer monitor does not support anything over 1280x1024, but my Samsung DLP can do up to 1920x1080. My TV allows me to change the screen format to "Wide PC" when the resolution is set to 1280x720 , which reduces the picture size to 92%, so there is no overdraw off of the screen. Unfortunatly "wide PC" is not an option when gaming above 1280x720, I believe because 720p is the native resolution of the TV.
So my question is, is there a program that will allow me to reduce the screen size, or change the viewport size (not custom resolutions as those tend not to work)? So that I can see the HUD at resolutions above 720p?
EDIT : Oh yeah my computer is connected to my TV through DVI.