Why The GTA V Petition Won't Speed Up Its PC Release

The PC version is also the next gen console version. That's the main reason why it isn't out yet. They can't ruin the console launch by releasing it. That's if they have even finished the game yet.

Honestly, I feel they should have waited for two more months before releasing GTA V But I guess all the reviewers would be stating how the next-gen version is the best version, and the current consoles would hardly sell, causing more of a failure, than the people who will buy it again.

The problem here though is that delays typically don't sell as well because people who may have been interested and were on the fence already saw the game on YouTube and have less reason to purchase it.

I love these game companies who had roots in PC gaming and now have taken a big dump on it.

we will get better ports to pc once the new bs consoles hit the market :) Sucks though they program the game on the pc then release to a console and then release to the pc. Just bs marketing they are crazy and fact is don't give a dam about you or anyone else they just want money know that.

I love these game companies who had roots in PC gaming and now have taken a big dump on it.

I agree, it sucks, but if I was an owner of a large gaming company and quickly found out I can make much more money by selling on console...than that is what I am going to do, then with the funds of it, I will port it over to PC. Yes it sucks, and yes I will always have preference over PC games...but it won't give me the most payout in the end.

Gaming companies main goal is not to please everyone, but to make profits. Pleasing the people is their second, and that is only because it affects their first goal.

I don't get it. Isn't the petition for getting Rockstar to release the game, period. Not to release the game earlier? This article presumes that Rockstar will be releasing the game on PC sometime in the future, yet there has been no announcement.

While history has shown that all the GTA games have eventually been released on PC, it is still no guarantee that GTA V will be the same. Red Dead Redemption never made it.

The PC version is also the next gen console version. That's the main reason why it isn't out yet. They can't ruin the console launch by releasing it. That's if they have even finished the game yet.

The "MAIN" reason it isn't out yet is because the PC version would undermine the PS4 and Xbone sales. Why wait for October to get your hands on those consoles, when you have a PC that does the same thing?

Other then the hyperbole hype feast of GTA V, the GTA games are boring. After you get over the open city and ability to crab a car and run over whoever you damn well please, the games gameplay lacks. You go do missions that are boring, except for the rare few that have you rob a bank or something.

Cause GTA Awesome, right?

I'm more interested in playing it on the PS4 than the PC. I don't know why.

Cause you like paying for monthly fees for a game's multiplayer that at best is a giant death match.

I've just never been into the whole sociopathic behaviour simulator thing but maybe I'll give this one a go when it's ten bucks on Steam in a year or two.

we will get better ports to pc once the new bs consoles hit the market :) Sucks though they program the game on the pc then release to a console and then release to the pc. Just bs marketing they are crazy and fact is don't give a dam about you or anyone else they just want money know that.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Cause you like paying for monthly fees for a game's multiplayer that at best is a giant death match.

What? No...not at all. I never had a PS3, and my 360 is just used for DVDs. Who buys GTA for just multiplayer anyways? Go get some creme for your hurt little butt hole. :rolleyes:

Problem is that pc game sales don't matter. Average person plays games on consoles, so rocks far and the rest make most of their money off consoles( of course there are exceptions to that for some games), so that is what they focus on. If the average person on the street played it on the pc that would be different. But you can't rent pc games, you can't buy cheap used pc games, you can't take a pc game to a friends house and all play together, pc doesn't just conect to the tv and just work easily for you to control it from across the room... So the average person isn't going to game on it. And so when it comes to games either they are slow to get to the pc, are just a console port, or never make it in a lot of cases as the developer doesn't want to look at the small group. Think I heard that what pc game sales only make up 15% of all sales. As a developer you have to look at what you would spend to make that extra 15% and decide how much you want to spend to get that. Petitions won't change anything. The only thing tat will change anything is more people starting to buy pc games and doing so at full price, not a year or two later during a steam sale

Don't even care. I agree with others that GTA is an average game at this point. I'll buy it when it's on PC and on sale. I have plenty of other games to play.

Not a problem for me. I have a huge backlog of Steam games to play, thanks to some very nice sales over the past couple years. I can wait. Bunch of fucking cry babies with a useless petition.

I got it on ps3 and the graphics are absolute shit,so many jaggies everywhere. I cannot wait for the pc version to release so i can stop gouging my eyes out when i play.

I still want RDR. Buying games for outdated consoles seems a bit iffy at this point.

Hey Rockstar, U could be getting $60 from me right now, but in 7-8 months, i will be over it, because there will be a ton of new games out there for pc and i will wait till its $20 or less.
There are very few games i would pay full price for and this would be one of them, your loss R

From a market perspective, i would say cash in early on pc before the next gen consoles come out, then re-release an HD version with some new content for both platforms. Win win!

Yes, consoles are different than PC, but they're still fun.

They are probably fun,

but I like my GTX 780 that can go to 1240mhz better,

I like to play 120hz @ 1440p, some people like to play in 3d, multimonitor resolutions, etc.

all with mods, better graphics, pushing better hardware and not faking 1080p/30fps.

I also like keyboard+mouse better.

They're still fun, sure. They're not anywhere near the same experience.

depends who you ask, people with underpowered PCs yes.

even on high end pc's it ran like shit until it was patched.
I saw many post of people with i7's and gtx 580's getting really low fps.

We are a fickle bunch though, PC gamers i mean. We want it now and we want it to play on thousands of different hardware configurations, 3-4 different OS's right out of the box.

Just refined taste, imo :D

We are a fickle bunch though, PC gamers i mean. We want it now and we want it to play on thousands of different hardware configurations, 3-4 different OS's right out of the box.

And you forgot "$5 steam sale or GTFO" which seems to be the pervasive attitude these days even for AAA titles worth their weight in gold. Sometimes its embarrassing to be a "PC gamer".

And you forgot "$5 steam sale or GTFO" which seems to be the pervasive attitude these days even for AAA titles worth their weight in gold. Sometimes its embarrassing to be a "PC gamer".

Well if you are getting a game half a year after it's been released (regardless of the platform) it should be on some discount ;)

Sometimes I wonder if people like to throw away money. If the game is $5 on Steam, chances are it's bad AAA game. There are some games I wouldn't even bother with unless it was in a certain price range. Isn't it better to have $5 then nothing?

Sometimes I wonder if people like to throw away money. If the game is $5 on Steam, chances are it's bad AAA game. There are some games I wouldn't even bother with unless it was in a certain price range. Isn't it better to have $5 then nothing?

Point went completely over your head if that's what you got out of my statement. I was speaking to the slickdeals/bottomfeeder mentality that seems to have grown. Even when a AAA title comes out to rave reviews there's an entitlement that it be $5 or $10 on Steam before they'll touch it. Obviously if everyone thought that way these games would no longer be produced and these bottomfeeders would be left holding their puds wondering why now new games were coming out.

If GTA5 doesn't release on the PC (which would be a shock to me), I would be extremely disappointed. I don't really feel like buying a X360 for the third time just to play one game then turn around and sell it. If worse comes to worse, I'll just have to borrow a friend's PS3 and just buy the game that way.

Point went completely over your head if that's what you got out of my statement. I was speaking to the slickdeals/bottomfeeder mentality that seems to have grown. Even when a AAA title comes out to rave reviews there's an entitlement that it be $5 or $10 on Steam before they'll touch it. Obviously if everyone thought that way these games would no longer be produced and these bottomfeeders would be left holding their puds wondering why now new games were coming out.

And my point when over you head. Reviews mean shit. The ultimate vote is still your wallet, and if a game drops drastically in price, it means the votes are in. The game sucks, no matter how much hype you give it. The price will always reflect the reception customers have for the game.

Today the AAA title is giving out to games with pretty graphics. Minecraft will tell you that isn't the case. I'll never go by reviews but instead I go by word of mouth. That's how I got into Dark Souls, cause so many people kept saying it's good. Not some website that's likely payed too much money to ever go bellow a 7.0 for any game rating.

If games need a huge budget to make crappy games, then I'll be happy to see them fail. I'd rather have a game like Mighty Number 9 which will only cost $20 for a quality game, then $60 for a game that only lasts for a weekend and I hated every moment of it.

Hey Rockstar, U could be getting $60 from me right now, but in 7-8 months, i will be over it, because there will be a ton of new games out there for pc and i will wait till its $20 or less.
There are very few games i would pay full price for and this would be one of them, your loss R

From a market perspective, i would say cash in early on pc before the next gen consoles come out, then re-release an HD version with some new content for both platforms. Win win!

Your $120 or $800,000,000 I wonder which they would rather have on day 1.

agreed

And my point when over you head. Reviews mean shit. The ultimate vote is still your wallet, and if a game drops drastically in price, it means the votes are in. The game sucks, no matter how much hype you give it. The price will always reflect the reception customers have for the game.

Today the AAA title is giving out to games with pretty graphics. Minecraft will tell you that isn't the case. I'll never go by reviews but instead I go by word of mouth. That's how I got into Dark Souls, cause so many people kept saying it's good. Not some website that's likely payed too much money to ever go bellow a 7.0 for any game rating.

If games need a huge budget to make crappy games, then I'll be happy to see them fail. I'd rather have a game like Mighty Number 9 which will only cost $20 for a quality game, then $60 for a game that only lasts for a weekend and I hated every moment of it.

You are still missing his point. Yes crap games drop in value. and people vote with their wallets, very true. HOWEVER. He is trying to say that when a new game comes out, even if every single person out there tells you that it is a good game. There are many people that say that they refuse to buy the game till it so on sale on steam for $5 or $10. Which as I stated this morning that doesn't help PC sales. They aren't going to want to rush out PC games if even for good games that people actually do enjoy a large number of people are stuck with the mind set I will just wait till steam has it on sale before I buy it. You can't complain that new games don't come out on the PC first or day one, that games aren't worked on to ensure that the pc verison is leaps and bounds beyond the console version and not just a port, or that games aren't just pc only if at the same time you are one of the people that refuses to buy a game on day one and instead always want to wait for games to be $5 or $10.

Not saying that you yourself do that, but there are a good number of people that no matter how good a game is, now matter how well review sites and other people say the game might be, no matter if they played it somewhere else and know it is good, they will still wait till it is dirt cheap as they feel that is what they should be paying not $50 for a new game. Because why pay $50 for one game when you can just wait and get the game a year from now for $10 and get 5 games for your $50. These people want the game developers to spend the most money and put the most focus into the pc verison, but then turn around and put it on sale on steam on day one.

Now yes, if a game does truely suck and nobody wants it then it will drop quickly and go on sale fast. But those aren't the games he talking about.

and how did you figure out that math? are you saying only 2 people would buy the PC version?

No, would have probably been at least 3. ;)

I was making a comparison to the fact that a person was trying to say that because they made it for the console and not PC that they should feel bad that they just lost out on his $60 because they didn't make it how he wanted. He is trying to say that they made a stupid decision by not making it for the pc first before the console or having it come out on day one. Somebody else agreed that they are unwilling to wait for a possible later release date, that since it wasn't done first on PC or same day as 360 & PS4 they refuse to buy it either. So two people are thinking that Rockstar should care that they aren't getting their $60 for a version that may or may not even be under development. They made $800 million on day one, I think they made an ok choice on their decisions.

Regardless of how many would have bought the game, it wouldn't have been as many did on the console. if pc game sales only make up 15% of game sales. So lets say that means that at best they would have made 15% of that had they made a pc version that is $120 million. but we know that not everyone would buy it on day one if at all if they are a pc gamer. let assume 1/3 of those would so that is 5% of $800 million or just $40 million that they would have made. If it cost them $250 mill to make it for the 4 consoles how much would a PC version have added to that?

Before knowing for sure how much profit they would have made on the console version, I can't blame them for wanting to hold off on a pc version till they were sure that they could recover the cost of such a version.

Your $120 or $800,000,000 I wonder which they would rather have on day 1"
""a person was trying to say that because they made it for the console and not PC that they should feel bad that they just lost out on his $60 because they didn't make it how he wanted. He is trying to say that they made a stupid decision by not making it for the pc first before the console or having it come out on day one

Are you 12 or something? Why would anyone think that 1-2 PC owners money let alone all the PC gamers wallets would compare to the kiddie console birthday money and their parents coffers?
You need practice on your comprehension skills. At what point in my post did i convey they should release it on PC first or on day one? The premiss of my post was that the PC gamer market is a viable and profitable market for the GTA series and releasing them late diminishes the probability of full price purchases because of new games available, plus the anticipation and media blitz has worn off. Releasing the game on multiple platforms around the same time maximizes profit potential. How do i know this? Because if it was not profitable, no games would ever be released on cross platforms at the same time.
Will i buy GTA 5 when it comes out, yes, will i pay full price? not if i have to wait for more that 6 weeks after console launch. I will move on to better things just like most PC gamers.

Does RS need the PC market to stay in the black? hell no.
Would they make money by including the PC version at launch? hell yes.
Is increasing your profits bad or good? ... if i have to answer that then you are obliviously a console gamer.

I have lots of games to play on Steam that I have not even loaded yet.
I can wait.
If I get ready to play it and it is full price I will purchase it at full price. If I get ready to play it and it is on sale. I will buy it on sale.
It is not a game that I have to play on day one.

Do you ever take advantage of coupons? sales? discounts? if you have, your a hypocrite and bottomfeeder, see what i did there?

Most people that are going to pay inflated full price for a game will have done so in the first couple months, steam sales are a way for a developer/publisher to squeeze as much money out of a title as possible, given your attitude I am not sure you are capable of grasping that concept.

You are still missing his point. Yes crap games drop in value. and people vote with their wallets, very true. HOWEVER. He is trying to say that when a new game comes out, even if every single person out there tells you that it is a good game. There are many people that say that they refuse to buy the game till it so on sale on steam for $5 or $10. Which as I stated this morning that doesn't help PC sales. They aren't going to want to rush out PC games if even for good games that people actually do enjoy a large number of people are stuck with the mind set I will just wait till steam has it on sale before I buy it. You can't complain that new games don't come out on the PC first or day one, that games aren't worked on to ensure that the pc verison is leaps and bounds beyond the console version and not just a port, or that games aren't just pc only if at the same time you are one of the people that refuses to buy a game on day one and instead always want to wait for games to be $5 or $10.

Not saying that you yourself do that, but there are a good number of people that no matter how good a game is, now matter how well review sites and other people say the game might be, no matter if they played it somewhere else and know it is good, they will still wait till it is dirt cheap as they feel that is what they should be paying not $50 for a new game. Because why pay $50 for one game when you can just wait and get the game a year from now for $10 and get 5 games for your $50. These people want the game developers to spend the most money and put the most focus into the pc verison, but then turn around and put it on sale on steam on day one.

Now yes, if a game does truely suck and nobody wants it then it will drop quickly and go on sale fast. But those aren't the games he talking about.

So because some people wait for a deal, a company shouldnt release for that market... You do realize how absolutely stupid that is dont you? apply that logic to any industry in existence and it still doesnt make sense.

Rockstar if fucking themselves by not releasing it for PC at the same time because a lot more PC gamers are going to wait for it to hit dirt cheap, where if they released it with the other platforms, they would be getting a lot more people paying full price. This shit isn't rocket science.

It really does come down to Rockstar not wanting console gamers to get butt hurt over consoles shitty graphics.

So because some people wait for a deal, a company shouldnt release for that market... You do realize how absolutely stupid that is dont you? apply that logic to any industry in existence and it still doesnt make sense.

Rockstar if fucking themselves by not releasing it for PC at the same time because a lot more PC gamers are going to wait for it to hit dirt cheap, where if they released it with the other platforms, they would be getting a lot more people paying full price. This shit isn't rocket science.

It really does come down to Rockstar not wanting console gamers to get butt hurt over consoles shitty graphics.

agreed, but it could be more about resources on hand and project load, cost overruns, other type decisions, or maybe MS and Sony have some exclusive deals for their platforms. either way it seems the RS is unwilling to say exactly why pc gamers have to wait for certain games. They made a ton of money on the first day, so its not like they went backwards, but PC gamers are treated like the proverbial red headed step child :D

Why is Rockstar so reluctant to port this to PC? Afraid of people pirating it I suppose?

Anyway... never cared for their games so it doesn't really matter to me, though I hate how gaming developers ignore the PC market because they either think its not profitable or high piracy.

They don't care about additional money? That goes against any sort of logic.

exactly!
not hating on RS, just cannot understand why they wouldnt want a bigger market share?
seems simple, but many here just think PC gamers are just complaining and that is not the case.

Back