• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

why not have a quiet computing section?

mustang_steve

c[H]ewbacca
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
11,339
You know, for those who want the best of both worlds...a game rig, and someting that doesn't sound like the business end of a 747.

At least to a quiet computing/gaming nut like myself, it's worth it :D
 
seems everyone there is more worried about OC and not about quiet...I fell into that trap as well....I htought my WC rig was quiet, then I went back to air and really saw what quiet was...let's put it this way...only thing I could hear was my hard drive and the ticking bearings that are signature of a vantec stealth 92mm fan....and my CPU was idling at 38c
 
I don't know why people want quite.

You paid good moeny for that noise, enjoy it damnit :D
 
Komataguri said:
I don't know why people want quite.

You paid good moeny for that noise, enjoy it damnit :D

Well i dont know aobut you, but everyone I<-- know has gone through the same cycle...
OEM -> BYO (crappy) => mod bug (bling method) => understated mod => stfu quiet/don't care about looks (as much)
 
Personally, I by-passed the bling phase... that crap's expensive!
And I just want a cooler PC... when you're as old as dirt you can't hear well anyway :cool:
Though, if I could avoid having to peel my paperwork off the front of my case it'd be a plus.
 
Met-AL said:
we do, it's called water cooling :D

Heh, water cooling isn't the only way to build a quiet PC.

This thread should probably have gone under the Suggestions section though :)
 
Eh. As long as you don't need insane performance from water or air, you can do perfectly quiet cooling. I've found that regardless of how fast my fans are going, as long as they move air, my OC is stable. YAY dual-fan radiator :D
 
Back
Top