• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why no right angle atx connectors?

daro2096

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
136
Why is there no right angle(I mean 90 degree connectors) ATX 24 pin connectors?

I can buy right angled pci-e connection lead so why not an ATX one?
 
I think rather than right-angled connectors, I think the 24-pin connector should be right angled like EVGA already does on a few of their boards.
 
I thought I had found one but it requires soldering and for me that is a no no. I suppose I could buy one and ask a pc repair shop for a quote though.
 
i wouldn't trust anyone else besides myself to solder on a new mobo, and even if it was done correctly, the benefit is negligible when you lose the warranty in retrospect. honestly, a right angle extender would be the easy thing to sell. plug your straight 24 pin into the extender and then the right angle of the extender into the board.
 
i wouldn't trust anyone else besides myself to solder on a new mobo, and even if it was done correctly, the benefit is negligible when you lose the warranty in retrospect. honestly, a right angle extender would be the easy thing to sell. plug your straight 24 pin into the extender and then the right angle of the extender into the board.

I agree.
 
I thought I had found one but it requires soldering and for me that is a no no.

i've been soldering for over 20 years and i'm quite proficient at it. enough so to justify expensive soldering and desoldering equipment. it's amazing what you can get done when you have the correct equipment for the job. that being said, i'd attempt the plug swap myself and not even bat an eyelash, but for those less experienced builders out there the plug or extender is an easy choice.
 
Tsumi already pointed that EVGA already makes a few boards with right angle plugs. the posts after his were solutions for those who have straight plugs and want right angle for asthetics
 
Horrible idea. Angled connector on the motherboard is only good when you're plugging your cables in from behind the motherboard tray in a case that supports routing power cables that way. It would be MUCH worse for people who don't run cables that way to use the angled mobo connectors than it would be for the rest of you to use the straight connector.

If one of them must be angled, it needs to be on the power supply side, not the motherboard side. If EVGA is doing it on the motherboard side, they are stupid.

It's not stupid if you're doing it on an enthusiast class motherboard, since you most likely have an enthusiast class case with all the goodies as well.
 
Horrible idea. Angled connector on the motherboard is only good when you're plugging your cables in from behind the motherboard tray in a case that supports routing power cables that way. It would be MUCH worse for people who don't run cables that way to use the angled mobo connectors than it would be for the rest of you to use the straight connector.

If one of them must be angled, it needs to be on the power supply side, not the motherboard side. If EVGA is doing it on the motherboard side, they are stupid.

haha, " they're stupid, you're stupid, it's all stupid..... I'm right!!!!!" funny. none of it's stupid, it's just different strokes for different folks is all.
 
make one brother. get out the soldering iron and shrink wrap. i've made stuff like that before alot of times.
 
make one brother. get out the soldering iron and shrink wrap. i've made stuff like that before alot of times.
Having failed miserably at modding/repairing anything electronic quite a few times now, I'm a bit wary of doing so. The end result would probably involve magic smoke filling the room.
 
Back
Top