Why is NV playing unfair with GTX280?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok son, daddy said that you cannot play with his computer when he is away. Now go back to your room.

littleman1.jpg
Okay this picture fits now. :D

It's a democratic society, if NVIDIOTs can say it takes 2 gpu's to beat 1, I can say it takes a bigger gpu to beat a smaller one.

Irony for the win.

This is not a democratic board though.

The "nvidiots" actually have a somewhat legitimate argument, even if doesn't amount to shit in the end. Your "argument" is just plain idiocy.

I noticed that the users with GTX280's in their sig are the defensive ones. I wonder why?

I didn't start any flaming in this thread, I would point my fingers at the ones who called out flamebait and posted pics.

Or did I just wtf-own all of you with my reverse logic?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You should not get banned, for real. You sure can put a smile on everyone's face and lighten up the board every now and then with your psychology.

FWIW, I really do think that Nyte is just one of the multiple personalities of BigCactus (aka. POPEGOLD)

How is this retarded? NVIDIOT's can start threads about unfairness on AMD side with 2 GPU's and I cant do the same reversed? No one can answer my question? Thought so.

Talk about pro-NV for the lose.

I noticed that the users with GTX280's in their sig are the defensive ones. I wonder why?

I didn't start any flaming in this thread, I would point my fingers at the ones who called out flamebait and posted pics.
Everyone's on the defensive right now so they don't catch whatever retard virus you're carrying.

How is this retarded? NVIDIOT's can start threads about unfairness on AMD side with 2 GPU's and I cant do the same reversed?

No such thing as fairness. Those people are stupid and so are you.

Everyone's on the defensive right now so they don't catch whatever retard virus you're carrying.

Funny how he says he is not flamebaiting, yet his ONLY TWO threads on his young and lustrous [H]Forum account have been on the same topic.

So I guess you really don't see the irony of it all.

I don't get how this is flamebait. I'm voicing my opinion on this serious matter.

Much like how the NVIDIOTs are voicing their opinion on the matter of ATI playing unfairly by making 2 GPU's to beat GTX280, I make my opinion on the reverse.

If I get banned, almost all of you have to get banned with me. Agree? Or did I just wtf-own all of you with my reverse logic?

Hey I'm with this guy on this one . Even though the question is stupid, everyone has the right to voice their opinion. In real world no body kills you for being stupid, why should that be the case on [H] .

If you dont like the question, dont come back to the thread. If you find the question stupid, have a laugh and post what you want, but a stupid question does not warrant a ban.

Why are you guys acting so stupid?:confused:
kohan69 said:
Arguing on a forum is like arguing with the retarded kids about the special olympics: no matter who wins, you're still a retard.

So I guess you really don't see the irony of it all.

Your OP was sarcastic, or more formally an 'Argumentum Ad Logicam', it isn't really irony.

You would have a good point to make though, barring such issues as microstuttering, scaling issues and often barely changing frame rates with multi-GPU cards, which aren't present with large cores.

Everyone is dodging my question because they know I am right and they are wrong (except for the user "morfinx" on page 2 who actually thinks clearly unlike the NVIDIOTs).

Wow, this thread is beyond full of FAIL.

ATI's chip is smaller, because its more efficient, from a size/performance ratio. On the flip side, the cards use MUCH more power than Nvidia's cards. This has nothing to do with sizes. Each chip is its own seperate design and cannot be compared in size, since they were designed completely different.

Not feeding the troll. Ending the thread with facts that negate the first post.
I will admit, I laughed at the ignorance.

You really should go read some articles. Apparently you have no idea how the individual chips work

Is everyone's sarcasm detector busted tonight or something or are they just really stupid?

If you look at the GTX280, its chip is bigger than TWO 4870's!!. Why does NV have to play unfair in this round and make such a monstrous chip to compete with a single 4870?

I don't get it, you should always balance out technological playing fields for fair competition. You shouldn't be able to brute force this by just making a huge ass chip (which is basically 2 and a half 4870's) just to beat a single 4870.

I think NV would be more fair if they split their GTX280 in half and sold it like that.

I think the majority here would agree with me.

Companies are free to produce whatever they wish however they wish. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It is really that simple. NVIDIA and ATI have two very different approaches to GPU semi-conductor design. One isn't less valid than the other. They are just different. It just so happens that ATI's approach is the faster method this time around.

The brute force approach has been around as long as man has existed. You know what, it works more often than not.

Everyone is dodging my question because they know I am right and they are wrong (except for the user "morfinx" on page 2 who actually thinks clearly unlike the NVIDIOTs).
Your question of why did Nvidia make such a large die to compete against a smaller die?

Well, let me ask you this: when Nvidia was developing GT200, did they know how big the RV770 die is and how fast it is?

How is this retarded? NVIDIOT's can start threads about unfairness on AMD side with 2 GPU's and I cant do the same reversed? No one can answer my question? Thought so.

Noone can answer your question while you are writing your post... obvious troll is obvious. Also, I am definitely not pro-nvidia and the only reason I have and 8800GT is because ATI didn't have their shit together when I wanted to upgrade from my x1800xt. I really don't give a damn how big anyone's chip is or how many chips they have to use to make a great card.

See? The thing in this thread is that I can't answer any of these questions.

Reverse that around and ask "why did AMD make a dual-GPU board to compete against a single-GPU board?". Who can answer that?

If that doesn't shut NVIDIOTs up, I don't know what will.

See? The thing in this thread is that I can't answer any of these questions.

Reverse that around and ask "why did AMD make a dual-GPU board to compete against a single-GPU board?". Who can answer that?

If that doesn't shut NVIDIOTs up, I don't know what will.

Hold on, I will get you an answer...

mysticman.jpg

Ok, got it. Because a single ATI GPU couldn't beat a single NVIDIA GPU.

Noone can answer your question while you are writing your post... obvious troll is obvious. Also, I am definitely not pro-nvidia and the only reason I have and 8800GT is because ATI didn't have their shit together when I wanted to upgrade from my x1800xt. I really don't give a damn how big anyone's chip is or how many chips they have to use to make a great card.

Tell that to the NVIDIOTs in this thread who think 2 GPU designs to beat 1 is unfair.

Yet another moron n00bie who thinks everyone is on a team or has to choose "sides".

In before evolution in action.

Tell that to the NVIDIOTs in this thread who think 2 GPU designs to beat 1 is unfair.
Maybe I missed the post/s claiming the comparison is unfair in this thread? Can you quote them?

Everyone read my post carefully. QUIT FEEDING THE TROLL. Just stop posting in this thread all together.

Yet another moron n00bie who thinks everyone is on a team or has to choose "sides".

In before evolution in action.

No, no one has to choose sides. It's the majority of the 280 users that are berating ATI for designing a 2 GPU solution just to beat theirs. I don't get how I'm not allowed to say something bad about NV yes the NVIDIOTs can diss ATI to their hearts content.

Some of these users are [H] veterans too, there's a 3.2 year veteran on the forum that said ATI sucks because they had to resort to dual GPU just to beat 1. If that ain't stupidity, then I must be a god.

Yup.. He's been playing Halo too much

This is a bit off topic, but this is an interesting concept. People complain about video game violence and such. But what about video games teaching our young people that everything has to be people splitting up into two factions and bickering?

I think that's a far more socially destructive concept, and I think that we Americans are more susceptible to it because we only have two major political parties. Our culture beats it into us from day one that there can only be two sides to an argument. Logically speaking, that is rarely ever the case.

If I get banned, almost all of you have to get banned with me. Agree? Or did I just wtf-own all of you with my reverse logic?
LOL hahaa. i love it :). nv isn't playing unfair though. i mean they are both trying to beat the other. :)

Sorry, I meant "forum", not "thread".
You will see nVidia users explaining that's not a valid argument. Doing a tit for tat does a disservice for the product you're attempting to show it's benefits over another.

You will see nVidia users explaining that's not a valid argument. Doing a tit for tat does a disservice for the product you're attempting to show it's benefits over another.

And I commend them for that. However, there are already at least 3 (that I recognize the name of) users in here that have in the past berated ATI for being "unfair" in using 2 GPUs to beat the 280.

And yes, these 3 users have 280s in their sig. I won't tell the names in public since I'm not that kind of guy but they are pretty easy to spot from the way they respond in their posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back