Why is NV playing unfair with GTX280?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the GTX280, its chip is bigger than TWO 4870's!!. Why does NV have to play unfair in this round and make such a monstrous chip to compete with a single 4870?

I don't get it, you should always balance out technological playing fields for fair competition. You shouldn't be able to brute force this by just making a huge ass chip (which is basically 2 and a half 4870's) just to beat a single 4870.

I think NV would be more fair if they split their GTX280 in half and sold it like that.

I think the majority here would agree with me.

What!?

I hope this is a joke... >.>

And I commend them for that. However, there are already at least 3 (that I recognize the name of) users in here that have in the past berated ATI for being "unfair" in using 2 GPUs to beat the 280.

And yes, these 3 users have 280s in their sig. I won't tell the names in public since I'm not that kind of guy but they are pretty easy to spot from the way they respond in their posts...

Everyone's gotta have a way to justify their bleeding edge habits, especially when they bite them in the ass. Just let them be.

Everyone's gotta have a way to justify their bleeding edge habits, especially when they bite them in the ass. Just let them be.

I guess I can't change people. I've done my best in making the 2-gpu-beating-1-gpu-unfair argument die a horrible death.

Good to know that there are at least some rational people posting in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back