Why is gaming on the console better than the PC.

While tearing is easy to overcome with vysnc - it comes with its own annoying set of side effects that aren't so easy to get around. I wish MSI Afterburner was integrated into the Nvidia and ATI drivers since it's a godsend with things like stuttering and framerate caps.

Really? What does it do that the Nvidia control panel doesn't? Does it work with non-MSI cards?

I can't believe that people still argue about graphics and power in the console debate. Consoles don't dominate because of graphics, graphics are no longer a major selling point in gaming. The Xbox and PS3 brought the FPS and Multiplayer to the living room.

Implementation and ease of use for consoles is what wins out everytime. It will be the same this upcoming generation. People are moving to laptops and mobile computing for their email, facebook, or whatever. They don't want to sit at a desk and use a KB/M. They don't care how much more accurate or whatever you claim it to be.

Dedicated servers, modding, graphics, or whatever other "benefit" we like about PC gaming doesn't mean dick to them. Heck with my life changing it doesn't mean dick to me anymore. My friends all have a PS3 so thats where I play. They aren't going to spend the money on a dedicated gaming PC, there laptops are fine and we are excited at the prospect of moving to the PS4.

Que the "people of stoopid" responses, which are ignorant. My friend is a frac engineer and gets oil out of the ground so he isn't stupid, he likes PS3 because he can come home chill on the couch to pwn some 12 year olds after they have done their homework.

The console crowd is never going to win the raw power graphics argument (unless you take into account every PC in the world), and the PC crowd is never going to make people care that "mine is bigger than ours".
This will always be true. At the end of the day it's nothing more than a preference.

Console devs tend to make better games than PC devs. Destiny looks better than any MMOs on the PC, Dark Souls >>>> archaic Diablo clones. Thankfully console ports are hitting Steam nowadays.

Really? What does it do that the Nvidia control panel doesn't? Does it work with non-MSI cards?

Yeah, you can use it with anything. I'm actually using it with an ASUS card right now. It works with more or less any Nvidia and ATI cards from any manufacturer.
The main things (beyond overclocking) are are really good framerate limiter and recording software. There are also terrific tools for monitoring temps, framerates, voltage, GPU usage, etc.

There are similar tools made by ASUS and Gigabyte, but the MSI software has more tools and is updated much more...hence why I'm using it instead. The guy in charge Afterburner is on Guru3D and he's really good about adding features and making tweaks based on feedback.

There's still not a console game out that looks as good as Crysis.

The Last of Us comes pretty close, but it's a MUCH slower game, it only runs at 30 FPS, and it makes my PS3's fan spin up like an Nvidia FX 5 series.

Yeah, you can use it with anything. I'm actually using it with an ASUS card right now. It works with more or less any Nvidia and ATI cards from any manufacturer.
The main things (beyond overclocking) are are really good framerate limiter and recording software. There are also terrific tools for monitoring temps, framerates, voltage, GPU usage, etc.

There are similar tools made by ASUS and Gigabyte, but the MSI software has more tools and is updated much more...hence why I'm using it instead. The guy in charge Afterburner is on Guru3D and he's really good about adding features and making tweaks based on feedback.
Best utility ever I use it with my sons alienware laptop to keep GPU clock consistent and with my daughters xfx 6870 to best control the fan profile since that card has a loud fan from the factory.

How often have you had everything on your PC go at once? Not to mention, if you build your computer right, a "hardware failure" becomes a "neccesary hardware upgrade!". :-D

Besides, PC components often have individual warranties that you can leverage to get them replaced within a year or two without charge (or little charge). After that period, if you replace the hardware with the exact same part, it's considerably cheaper.

Trust me I know and take part in every justification to keep a fast PC up and running. Luckily all I have to do is Justify it to myself. And I wasn't noting anything about full PC repair costs just basically going over a price list. My major point is that A.) PC parts replacement on a parts level can reach into Xbox replacement costs easily B.) when you replace 1 part their is still 7 other expensive parts with just as much wear and tear waiting to die.

Another point is that most people even technical types, don't know, or want to know how to work inside a computer. $200-$300 is worth a lot more to do a straight up slot, then it is for them to try figuring out why their crapped out on them, and that is if it is a hardware issue. I have seen people buy new computers because of viruses. Honestly one more xbox sold is one less potential person fning up their computer and panicking and calling PC's junk and going and buying an apple because they don't get viruses.

The Last of Us comes pretty close, but it's a MUCH slower game, it only runs at 30 FPS, and it makes my PS3's fan spin up like an Nvidia FX 5 series.

Mmmmm... Last of Us cuts a lot of corners, though, and there is a huge disparity in the game's graphics depending on the scene. Some scenes look worse that Call of Duty, while others look considerably better. Crysis was much more consistant and didn't have to take quite as many cut corners, as long as you had the system to handle it.

Mmmmm... Last of Us cuts a lot of corners, though, and there is a huge disparity in the game's graphics depending on the scene. Some scenes look worse that Call of Duty, while others look considerably better. Crysis was much more consistant and didn't have to take quite as many cut corners, as long as you had the system to handle it.

Certainly, although I'd also say that Crysis' engine and lack of cut corners made the game a punchline, too. Short of people on sites like this one, the mention of Crysis would get an eye roll for years. It was too ambitious for its own good. With the details up it's still arguably as graphically impressive as any current PC games. It might not feature DX11, but I'd say the characters, environments, and effects are as good if not better than many that do.
Most of the Last of Us scenes tend to be limited by view distance combined with shadows and lots of textures. Pretty much the same things that still keep lots of machines from maxing out Crysis even today.

Certainly, although I'd also say that Crysis' engine and lack of cut corners made the game a punchline, too. Short of people on sites like this one, the mention of Crysis would get an eye roll for years. It was too ambitious for its own good. With the details up it's still arguably as graphically impressive as any current PC games. It might not feature DX11, but I'd say the characters, environments, and effects are as good if not better than many that do.
Most of the Last of Us scenes tend to be limited by view distance combined with shadows and lots of textures. Pretty much the same things that still keep lots of machines from maxing out Crysis even today.

Crysis is still the minimum feature set I expect from the next gen of game consoles.

I hate Crysis, that game is so boring.
Now "The Last of Us" Epic

I guess the point of this thread becomes more about your experience.
I think with the new Consoles getting more powerfull and selling more units
and really driving the market is what is keeping them alive.
Consoles cant touch on the amount of content available for PC!
PC cant compare to what a console is delivering for the price.

I'd argue that the PC can definitely compare to what a console is delivering. When a new console comes out, ESPECIALLY ones that don't have backwards compatibility, they are the most vulnerable because they have the fewest games available on them. The Xbox One and PS4 will have no more than maybe 30 games available this year, a majority of which will also be available on PC. The PC will also grant players access to thousands of games from the past, many of which have and will never be available for consoles.

Of course, that's completely up to the player. If you have no interest in Civilization 5, SimCity, MMORPGs, RTS or heavy Simulation games, then that's not going to matter that much for you.

Nope.avi

Back