Why I won't be buying Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIGDADDY51 said:
So I gotta reboot after I have my machine on for 2hours idle, who cares.?bug#512

Reboot? I had my machine on for 6 days solid without a single reboot. And then only reason I did reboot is because I was having issues with my router that I thought may be PC related. I was wrong.

Running build 5744.

BIGDADDY51 said:
Actually it's from a VISTA RC2 pc AND I DO have a suggestion for MS. It's about time that OUR5% be recognized, with a little different EULA,, that would allow for our frequent hardware changes.

It does. Change your hardware as much as you want.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/10/26/Microsoft_clarifies_Vista_activation_to_bit-tech/

A Microsoft spokesman from the Licensing Dept told bit-tech that this would not be the case. He told us that Windows Vista will not require a system re-activation unless the hard drive and one other component is changed. This means that enthusiasts will be able to swap CPUs, memory and graphics cards out without any worry about having to re-activate with MS, either on the internet or by phone.

BIGDADDY51 said:
Which is why there are over 1,000,000 copies of Vista RC2 out there right now. Where else could you get all that FREE feedback ,except from our 5%? So I gotta reboot after I have my machine on for 2hours idle, who cares.?bug#512

What the hell are you talking about, as for the rebooting, well I reboot once a week if I remember to. All thats saying is that some systems have issues and some dont. For beta testing software, thats expected.

Dapperdan said:
What the hell are you talking about, as for the rebooting, well I reboot once a week if I remember to. All thats saying is that some systems have issues and some dont. For beta testing software, thats expected.
Shoulda made that a little clearer. What I meant was that it made good sense and was good business to put out Vista for free. As for the reboot, it seems that it fixed itself. It does take an awful long time to shut down.

BIGDADDY51 said:
Shoulda made that a little clearer. What I meant was that it made good sense and was good business to put out Vista for free. As for the reboot, it seems that it fixed itself. It does take an awful long time to shut down.

I see what your saying. ;)

Archer75 said:
Reboot? I had my machine on for 6 days solid without a single reboot. And then only reason I did reboot is because I was having issues with my router that I thought may be PC related. I was wrong.

Running build 5744.

It does. Change your hardware as much as you want.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/10/26/Microsoft_clarifies_Vista_activation_to_bit-tech/

A Microsoft spokesman from the Licensing Dept told bit-tech that this would not be the case. He told us that Windows Vista will not require a system re-activation unless the hard drive and one other component is changed. This means that enthusiasts will be able to swap CPUs, memory and graphics cards out without any worry about having to re-activate with MS, either on the internet or by phone.
So that one article says. I don't think you could change your motherboard 10 times, and still be ok. The motherboard was ,and still is what MS uses as a "key component" used by MS to determine a "new" pc. I'm also running 5744 and sometimes, it won't let me open IE after a long hibernation without a reboot. I think I found out why today. it was STILL trying to install a lexmark printer in the background. Since I canceled that, I have had ZERO problems

It amazes me the time and effort people will complain and rally around something he/she/they don't like about Microsoft on an internet forum, yet, never send their complaint directly to Microsoft themselves.

Enough of the Microsoft bashing. It's gone from a discussion of licensing issues to FUCK MICROSOFT RAWR RAWR and it's completely immature.

This attitude is going to stop.
In case it slipped your minds
WARNING -- Flaming and Bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back