Why I hate Sony....

sony sucks and here is why...

i finally broke down in june and made the switch from pc gaming to a console. fast forward three months later to when the video card in my ps3 died- artifacts all over the screen as soon as you turned it on.

anywho i went through the online process to get a warranty repair. well the first box sony sent me was sent to the wrong address and sony doesnt allow you to have the package diverted to another address.

well i thought ok maybe it was me and i filled out the form incorrectly so i went through th ewhole process again... Well this time they left my apartment number off of my address. i contacted supported via email and was given some worthless form letter... luckily my ups driver is smarter than anyone working for sony and he dropped it off even though the address was incorrect.

i sent in my ps3 and was really suprised that within a week i got a ups shipping notice via email saying my replacement was on the way. well i noticed that once again sony left off the apartment number. i contacted them again and was once again given the run around.

i contacted ups to have them divert the package to my work address since they said they couldnt deliver it to my aprtment becasue the address was wrong. ups said my options were to drive an hour each way to pick it up or have it sent back to sony... apparently sony specificlly said it couldnt be diverted to another address.

to make matter worse there is a ups distribution center about 15 minutes from my house BUT ups couldnt even send it there and have me pick it up:mad:

well i made the drive last night. took me an hour each way.... sony sucks

cliffs:
sony blows.

why i hate MS:

my xbox 360 broke 6 fucking times and not once did theys end me a brand new one, all refurbs. They even had the cheek to charge me 12 more months for xbox live without my concent!

Yeah I had to deal with the run-around while ordering computer parts. UPS customer centres are few and far between.

why i hate MS:

my xbox 360 broke 6 fucking times and not once did theys end me a brand new one, all refurbs. They even had the cheek to charge me 12 more months for xbox live without my concent!

Well that sucks about the refurbs, although not an uncommon practice. But XBL memberships are typically recurring, so unless you explicitly cancel you will get charged.

Well that sucks about the refurbs, although not an uncommon practice. But XBL memberships are typically recurring, so unless you explicitly cancel you will get charged.

yea i found that out the hard way. if the xbox was reliable as a rock, i would never have purchased a ps3 tbh. BUT i dont regret getting a ps3, its a fantastic bit of kit

I actually had a GREAT experience with Sony's RMA process.
My HDMI port crapped out back in January of 2007. I called them on a Saturday night at about 6PM and after 5-6 minutes of confirming that the problem wasn't on my end, they set-up a DHL box to to to my apartment. It was hand delivered on Monday afternoon at about 5PM with instructions on boxing up the PS3. There were instructions for confirming delivery via their website, too. I tossed everything in and dropped it at Office Depot an hour later. On Wednesday their site confirmed they received my PS3 and that they had shipped me a new one.
My new one was delivered to me that Friday at about 5PM.

I went from a broken machine to a brand new (boxed) one in 5 days.

Best RMA experience of my life.

Most of the delivery issues I've had in the past haven't been with the company, but the shippers. In particular UPS often has incorrect addresses (in spite of a correct one on the box), bad delivery estimates, workers who won't deliver to apartments, etc.
FedEx and DHL are much better if you ever have a choice.

My nephew broke his PSP twice and I sent it out for him to Sony and there were no issues both time.

At least you got a working one, my 360 got the RRoD and the refurb I got back has a flaky DVD drive, course fixing that would cost me...

Yeah go through 5 360's like I did and see how much you hate MS.
No offence but your incident is like a slap on the wrist compared to others.

I haven't had a problem with my PS3, and it's been running almost 24/7 for almost a year and a half (games/blurays/folding). My 360 broke twice within a month of me purchasing it (I had to ship it to MS twice in 2 weeks) so I do know how you feel. That's why you get two of each, that way there's always a back up, lol.

I had two problems with my PS3 (I took care of it like a baby two) within 3 months and now problems with new controller. I had one problem with my 360 but had that for a year and a half prior. I took care of that thing like a baby as well. I don't even want to talk about my PSP how many times its been RMA to them. Last time it came back the display was green. Bottom line is that I think electronics are damn weak as far as build goes these days. My Atari 5200 (granted I only play it two to four times a year now) is still going strong...casing stratched to hell but still a runner.

For the most part I have had good RM experiences with these two companies (except the PSP I sent in) but I think my frustration is not the shippng but the fact that I have to ship it to them in the first place. Better hardware less problems.

i finally broke down in june and made the switch from pc gaming to a console. fast forward three months later to when the video card in my ps3 died- artifacts all over the screen as soon as you turned it on.

anywho i went through the online process to get a warranty repair. well the first box sony sent me was sent to the wrong address and sony doesnt allow you to have the package diverted to another address.

well i thought ok maybe it was me and i filled out the form incorrectly so i went through th ewhole process again... Well this time they left my apartment number off of my address. i contacted supported via email and was given some worthless form letter... luckily my ups driver is smarter than anyone working for sony and he dropped it off even though the address was incorrect.

i sent in my ps3 and was really suprised that within a week i got a ups shipping notice via email saying my replacement was on the way. well i noticed that once again sony left off the apartment number. i contacted them again and was once again given the run around.

i contacted ups to have them divert the package to my work address since they said they couldnt deliver it to my aprtment becasue the address was wrong. ups said my options were to drive an hour each way to pick it up or have it sent back to sony... apparently sony specificlly said it couldnt be diverted to another address.

to make matter worse there is a ups distribution center about 15 minutes from my house BUT ups couldnt even send it there and have me pick it up:mad:

well i made the drive last night. took me an hour each way.... sony sucks

cliffs:
sony blows.

I've read nothing but good experiences from people who had their ps3 repaired. It's not like any company will get it perfect. Sucks it happened to you though. At least you didn't have to send in the replacement of the replacement of the replacement like I did on your 360.

Lol.. i never ship with UPS. They are always late, and their shipping centers are always at least 10-20 miles away. Fedex and DHL (like someone said before) are the best to use to ship. They both tend to come a day early and both their centers are about 1-5 miles away. If you ship a lot of stuff/receive a lot of stuff on ebay like me, you hate UPS and not the person. USPS isnt even that bad compared to UPS.

PS3s still going strong :D

<blah, blah>
cliffs:
sony blows.

My Xbox red-ringed me twice and now I have to slap my hard drive (seriously :eek:) every time I boot the damn thing to prevent e68 errors. I have to pay a fee to play games online with other people and the even the crappiest DLC costs money. It's a shame a lot of the games are short because MS thought it would be wise to go with DVD-9 instead of Blu-ray or (god forbid) HD-DVD.

cliffs:
MS sucks.

My Xbox red-ringed me twice and now I have to slap my hard drive (seriously :eek:) every time I boot the damn thing to prevent e68 errors. I have to pay a fee to play games online with other people and the even the crappiest DLC costs money. It's a shame a lot of the games are short because MS thought it would be wise to go with DVD-9 instead of Blu-ray or (god forbid) HD-DVD.

cliffs:
MS sucks.

But think about it this way, dev's can always release games with multiple dvds (like lost odyssey) and if MS pushed HD-DVD on us, think about how much the console would cost in late 2005 (its been a long time hasn't it). In 2005, the console was priced at $400 which people thought was far too much.

It would cost as much as ps3 at launch minus few bucks for lack of wi-fi.

It's a shame a lot of the games are short because MS thought it would be wise to go with DVD-9 instead of Blu-ray or (god forbid) HD-DVD.

cliffs:
MS sucks.

Most of the games I have played on my PS3 are actually shorter than the games I have played on my 360. GOW and Resistance 1 were the same amount of time in campaign, and yet GOW looked better, played the same amount of time, had better online, and was only 6.8gb vs, 22gb for Resistance. That pretty much debunks your BR theory right there.

Then again, Sony should be able to supply us with bigger games with Blu-ray, and I look forward to that day.

But think about it this way, dev's can always release games with multiple dvds (like lost odyssey) and if MS pushed HD-DVD on us, think about how much the console would cost in late 2005 (its been a long time hasn't it). In 2005, the console was priced at $400 which people thought was far too much.

No, they can't. MS has a retarded licensing fee that charges per disc, so releasing games on multiple DVD-9s will render a game unprofitable to many companies (iD's rant on it). Lost Odyssey was mostly paid for by MS, and they still cut a shit ton of corners on development, and I'm willing to bet it wasn't very (if at all) profitable; it was only made to help MS gain more popularity in the jrpg crowd.

had better online

Had better online my ass. I rather liked the single player but GoW multiplayer was useless. Is it really about as long as Resistance? I got through GoW super quick but I'm not done with Resistance yet (I purchased both very recently).

Also, game length is hardly a good benchmark for disc space. Disgaea 3 can take up way more play time than most current gen single-player games, and it's really not very big (especially if you exclude or heavily compress the audio) and could've easily been made for a DVD-9. Hell, they could've put it on the PS2.

No, they can't. MS has a retarded licensing fee that charges per disc, so releasing games on multiple DVD-9s will render a game unprofitable to many companies (iD's rant on it).

That was debunked as false. MS does not charge for multiple disks.
http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1001

Lost Odyssey was mostly paid for by MS
False. MS only published it.
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/l/lostodyssey/

Had better online my ass. I rather liked the single player but GoW multiplayer was useless.
Your opinion is noted, but GOW remains in the top 3 games played online on a console worldwide, and has been that way since it's release.

As for Resistance, the only matches you could find were the one hit kill matches, with 30-40 people in those rooms. It was just a frag/kill fest, Not a single iota of challenge or teamwork. It was lame.

I have both games.

Is it really about as long as Resistance? I got through GoW super quick but I'm not done with Resistance yet (I purchased both very recently).
Spent about 8 hours on both campaigns.

Also, game length is hardly a good benchmark for disc space.
Thanks for confirming what I just said.

PS3 never broke, but still sold it.

I did have a 360 die on me tho, and it took forever to get a new one shipped, but when i finally got it after about a month i was happy.

I have yet to have this 360 break down on me yet:), I also have a Wii, but so far its just a paper weight and will be sold soon.

I've read nothing but good experiences from people who had their ps3 repaired. It's not like any company will get it perfect. Sucks it happened to you though. At least you didn't have to send in the replacement of the replacement of the replacement like I did on your 360.

that is a lie you read his post lol-

this is why I have everything shipped to work anymore. I am always there M-F and I don't need to worry about being home to sign or have the package left on the door for some idiot punk to come and take it or smash it on the road. (which has happened to me)

why i hate MS:

Did you use your credit card? Yes? Then you gave concent. It's RECURRING.

They took under 1 BUSINESS WEEK to get my 360 replaced. Twice. Once it was out of warranty (Dead DVD drive, not RROD. ) and still, pain free.

<3 MS support.

Did you use your credit card? Yes? Then you gave concent. It's RECURRING.

They took under 1 BUSINESS WEEK to get my 360 replaced. Twice. Once it was out of warranty (Dead DVD drive, not RROD. ) and still, pain free.

<3 MS support.

under? 3 times i sent mine it took OVER 1 month before i got mine back. piss poor MS support. if they was good, then why did it take mines and millions of other users more then a month before getting a refurb INSTEAD of a brand new one?

under? 3 times i sent mine it took OVER 1 month before i got mine back. piss poor MS support. if they was good, then why did it take mines and millions of other users more then a month before getting a refurb INSTEAD of a brand new one?

I got all of my broken 360s back within about 7 business days as well. However mine all broke before the shit totally hit the fan and everyones started breaking at the same time. Which caused major delays.

First of all, it's not "Sony's" fault. Either UPS sucks (which makes sense when it comes to having stuff shipped) or some idiot works at packaging at Sony. It's as simple as that. You should be glad they got oru console fixed so quickly, as opposed to you console breaking a bunch of times and then everytime getting it either fixed again and again or have you sent a refurb.

cliffs:
MS sucks.

Lol this is why I took preventative measures and bought an external warranty for my 360 for 35 dollars I covered for 3 years, and the warranty company has a great turn around, 5 days if they dont fix it they pay you back. So f the MS repair crap. Also my PS3 is still kicking ass and going on strong though I only had it for 5 months. The 360 ive had for all of 3 weeks.

Back