• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why does my internet drop and require restarts?

FerraraZ

Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
578
I just moved into my apartment in State College, PA and found a comcast modem with a cruddy little wifi router attached to it. I took out the router and put my linksys G DD-WRT router onto it. Everything was going fine but it seems like every 3 hours my desktop drops the wifi connection (as well as my iphone). I walk over to the modem and everything is lite up and seems fine but the only solution is the unplug the cable modem and router and plug them back in. With the refreshed connection I can then see the wifi network and continue with my internet use.

Its just extremely annoying and I'm not sure what my next step of troubleshooting should be.:confused:
 
Last edited:
Is your computer and phone just losing internet or actually dropping the WiFi? If it's dropping the WiFi then that would be a router issue. Could it be overheating?

Try just resetting the router and leaving the modem alone next time.

Also you could take the other router that was in there before, turn off DHCP, hook it up to your main router, and use it as a secondary backup WiFi that your phone and computer can fall back on.
 
I found this to be a problem that the other router was there as well so I dont think its just my router.
 
I edited the original to say Comcast since I just found out its a Comcast router :p
 
Back
Top