• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why did VoodooPC switch to Intel Exclusive

Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
37
Granted, they are a bigger ripoff than alienware and I would never buy one, but for an OEM that claims to make the fastest pc's, they aren't using the fastest CPU's.
 
That's funny.

I remember reading my CGW's a few years ago and salivating over the voodoo's and alienwares. Then I figured out I could build a comparable pc for half the price.
 
Actually, VoodooPC uses Intel processors in relatively few of their non-laptop/notebook PCs. If you look at their full-sized desktops and, their micro-systems, you will find that most of their full-sized configurations use AMD processors exclusively. (The tiniest desktop micro-system is based on an Intel Pentium M chip, while there are some full-sized configurations that are based on Intel Pentium D chips.) The majority of their laptops still use Intel chips, though some use AMD chips.
 
They ship from Canada. I assume thats why they have to charge more, customs and all that,eh? :eek:
 
Wow.... I just started playing around, seeing what a top of the line system would cost... got it up to $13,000 without being too stupid...
 
mrweasel said:
Yeah but that's gold plated

Ah, I was trying to figure out why that damn thing was so expensive...

Jeebus... if I was a billionaire... the things I would buy... come on powerball...
 
Shivetya said:
They too are priced overly high and their shipping charges are disgusting.
Indeed, they're even more expensive than Alienware, and those aren't even cheap to begin with... :(
 
1c3d0g said:
Indeed, they're even more expensive than Alienware, and those aren't even cheap to begin with... :(

Eh, Alienware is pretty much mass market now. They don't hold the same image they used to. Hell, the sold the things at Best Buy for a while, the only way they could have gone lower image was if they made a deal with Wal-Mart.
 
Back
Top