Why aren't you playing Insurgency?

sorry if this was already asked but i g2g. is this coop missions vs bots or like cs?

official01.jpg

official12.jpg

official14.jpg

Its basically sort of like BF2, where you have 3 objectives that have to be captured to win. Each can be retaken by either team. Your reinforcement locations also move around depending on how the match is going.

Its basically sort of like BF2, where you have 3 objectives that have to be captured to win. Each can be retaken by either team. Your reinforcement locations also move around depending on how the match is going.[/QUOTE]

Before anyone misunderstands this game is NOT like BF2 except for the objectives/flag capturing thing. Everything else is miles different. ;)

I kinda get tired of getting wasted by people I can't see or hear. It's frustrating at times but I guess that's the point of the mod. It's actually refreshing that I have a great desire to stay alive in the game instead of running around Rambo-ing about.

In real life if your a soldier you can hold a gun so it doesn't fly into the air. I mean c'mon!

Trust me... no. Auto fire doesn't work in real life like it does in video games.

See, Jack? They're harmless people afterall.

Can I just ask.... why are people comparing this game to BF2 and saying it's the least bit similar?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I agree about the map balance. Not so much between teams (haven't played long enough to tell) but some classes are just useless on certain maps. Has potential but I prefer Red Orchestra Ostfront for tactical realism.

Because in BF2 you capture objectives and in Insurgency you capture objectives. :confused:

Hmmm.. In Baldur's Gate you complete objectives. In World in Conflict you capture and hold objectives. In Solitaire you need to complete an objective. In FlatOut 2 you need to complete objectives.

It seems the Insurgency mod is akin to every game on the market! :D

im dling it, hope its good.
do people actually work toghter or just run around trying to get kills?

im dling it, hope its good.
do people actually work toghter or just run around trying to get kills?

Depends on the server and what kind of people. That sort of thing is ALWAYS determined by what sort of people you're playing with.

I usually always try to grab the commander/cell leader spot because I'll manage all the objectives and waypoints and keep talking so the team knows wtf is going on.

If you get a commander who doesn't know how to use his tools its gonna suck :(

Come play on the TEAMHAF #2 server. That seems to be the best for teamwork so far I've found. It also has a plugin to show who killed you and who you killed.

Come play on the TEAMHAF #2 server. That seems to be the best for teamwork so far I've found. It also has a plugin to show who killed you and who you killed.

I was playing on that server the other day, too, and it was a pretty well played server. I'm still learning the ropes but a guy there helped me out a bit.

Trust me... no. Auto fire doesn't work in real life like it does in video games.

See, Jack? They're harmless people afterall.

QFT. I can only imagine how impossible it would be to hold a light machine gun going full auto with out it being on a tri-pod.

Looks pretty good, I'll give it a download and see what it's like.

Notice he was hitting pretty much nothing? The AK in the game is actually pretty damn close to that actually. And like in real life, you hit nothing in game.

All the weapons are pretty spot on recoil and sway wise ingame.

If your looking for a good team work orientated server, try out the [JyD] server, and look for people with {TW} at the end of their names. Stands for team work and is worn by people n the community that use teamwork. You can get away from most of the run and gun CSS kids that way.

i hate the game because of the limited reinforcement crap. i hate waiting in games. true....it does give you more motivation to survive, but it makes dying equally frustrating. the guns are way badass to shoot though so i'm disappointed the gameplay is so stressful.

It's a great game with some of the most confusing maps I've encountered in an FPS.

I played for an hour the other day and never did get a solid grip on what was where and how the maps flowed.

The game needs an overhead map something fierce. Don't put enemies or friendlies on it so you keep the confusion about who's who, but at least give us a map so we can see where our objectives are.

Also: TK's seem rampant in public games because there's simply not enough people who know their way around the map. The issue is compounded by the number of players who just don't communicate with anyone else.

I'll openly admit to one mass TK myself. In one map I asked three times who I kept seeing peek out from a doorway. They didn't answer. Finally.. two more guys run up behind the guy that's peeking out. We're far enough apart that we're basically just shadowy outlines. I'm support class so I don't really have a way of zooming in to see what the deal is. I have no idea who these guys are. Finally.. one of the newly arrived guys takes a potshot at me. I let off a burst from the M249 and kill all three... teammates. Thanks for answering me when I asked who was across the street.. douchebags.

That's an automatic rife, not a light machine gun.

That looks like an RPK74 to me. Notice the ammo box? For those complaining about recoil just pull your mouse down when you fire.

I hate how linear the maps are though. For an FPS claiming to be realistic there should be more than just 2 ways to an objective like in counter strike.

Insurgency is a great mod, although some of the folks playing can be a bit rude to n00bs. I play it but right now I'm playing WIC and CC3.

Good mod unless anyone is lame enough to spawn camp your team, then it turns into a very bad mod.

It has some issues that need ironing out, other than that, it's actually pretty damn fun.

I'm not playing anything at the moment because windows keeps messing with me.

Just did a clean reformat/install and already ran into an error:

:(

Prolly bad blocks on your HD or an IO problem.
Try MHDD to check your HD, or HD regenerator.

I hate how smooth it feels. Just walking around, interacting with objects around your feet, it's all too smooth. It doesn't feel like the HL2 engine.

I hate how smooth it feels. Just walking around, interacting with objects around your feet, it's all too smooth. It doesn't feel like the HL2 engine.
I'm not sure what you consider smooth, but INS is anything but. I get stuck all the time, going through doors, elevation changes, other players, small props, etc... In CS:S (which is my benchmark for "smooth") you glide when you collide with the world, but in INS if feels like your character is "sticky". The game is a GREAT concept but needs professional help. Maps are unbalanced (play tested by casual teenagers without league experience), the iron sights are off, and there are a number of other really annoying problems such as sidestep disabling lean (even RO lets you do this), players calling out reloading (you can use ingame voip to tell your team, not the enemy FFS), almost every obstacle that you can use for cover is too tall to tall to get your barrel over it when crouched but if you stand up you are dead, and the bugs with the scoreboard and others. It has potential but it needs some pros to help with the polish.

I just tried this and i'm finding it very frustrating, I hardly even see my enemy, i just go outside, die, repeat :(

Hmmm.. In Baldur's Gate you complete objectives. In World in Conflict you capture and hold objectives. In Solitaire you need to complete an objective. In FlatOut 2 you need to complete objectives.

It seems the Insurgency mod is akin to every game on the market! :D

Dont be a wiseass... The objectives in BF2 and Ins are locations you need to convert to your control. Yes similar concepts have been applied in other games (ie: DoD flag points) but the presentation and environments provided in Battlefield 2 and Insurgency are very similar - Which is the point he was making.

I just tried this and i'm finding it very frustrating, I hardly even see my enemy, i just go outside, die, repeat :(

QFT.

Scrap that, I've been playing it for two days now and I enjoy sneaking behind enemies and sniping them from rooftops. :D

That looks like an RPK74 to me. Notice the ammo box? For those complaining about recoil just pull your mouse down when you fire.

I hate how linear the maps are though. For an FPS claiming to be realistic there should be more than just 2 ways to an objective like in counter strike.

Did you see the file name? Also that's a high capacity drum not a box.

It's true that with modern kick reduction methods, LMGs can be fire full auto from the hip, but it's not as useful as you might think considering the accuracy you get.

Because I have real friends, constructive hobbies, and don't think the same steaming pile of rehashed violent crap masquerading as a game is entertaining.

Wish Insurgency had a built-in map so I could see were i'm going. For some reason every map feels like a gigantic maze.

Because I have real friends, constructive hobbies, and don't think the same steaming pile of rehashed violent crap masquerading as a game is entertaining.

So you don't like video games in general eh? Why are you posting in this thread?

Back