WHS & SMP/GPU2?

capreppy

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2009
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
3,410
Easy question: Can anyone confirm that the SMP or GPU2 client will work in Windows Home Server (WHS)?

I understand it is basically Windows Server 2003 tweaked in some fashion. Is it still a windows environment?
 
Not sure about the first question, but the answer to your second question is yes.
 
I'm running an SMP client on my WHS (E6600) with no problems. I'm going to find out soon if I can run it with the GPU client.
 
I'm still waiting for my trial disks for WHS, I'm putting it on my folder/fileserver

It currently has a 8800GS and a 9800GX2, so when I switch from XP to WHS we will give it a go :D

 
And I'm waiting to receive my 2x8800GS then do a musical chair with my home farm (see other thread). This is when I will experiment with WHS and GPU folding so I'll write about the experience but I expect it should run fairly well (WHS = stripped down Windows Server 2003 = Tweaked Windows XP with no extra processes running).

 
All Windows OSes based on the NT kernel should work with F@H clients. I can't foresee any reason why there would be a problem, but I'm interested to know the results. WHS looks like a very compelling product.

 
All Windows OSes based on the NT kernel should work with F@H clients. I can't foresee any reason why there would be a problem, but I'm interested to know the results. WHS looks like a very compelling product.


You can order free 120 day eval disks (free S&H too) but be prepared to wait..... and wait. :(

 
Back
Top