WHOA Nellie,check it out!

magoo

[H]F Junkie
Look at the eVGA web site. Order a 7800 GT card (449.00) and they give you FREE an eVGA SLI MOBO. Id say worth serious consideration, no? :cool:

Hmm...that is worth checking out. It doesn't really tell you how to get it though. I don't feel like shelling out $199 extra for a MIR.

When I added the 7800GT to the cart the motherboard was automatically added with a price of $0.00.

That board is the same as the Jetway SLI board....it's craptastic.

Good resell value I suppose though.

I had it in the cart, and just couldn't pull the trigger. I just don't want an eVGA/Jetway board when it comes down to it.

Plus, I tried accessing "support" for the board, and I couldn't even find a manual or driver downloads for it. Either it's too new, or they have nothing :). I'll just wait for a sub-400 GT and then get a "real" board...whew...impuse passed.

Yeah, I noticed that there wasnt much info specifically on the website about the board. I did think it was interesting tho. Id like to read a manual too.

kirbyrj said:
I had it in the cart, and just couldn't pull the trigger. I just don't want an eVGA/Jetway board when it comes down to it.

Plus, I tried accessing "support" for the board, and I couldn't even find a manual or driver downloads for it. Either it's too new, or they have nothing :). I'll just wait for a sub-400 GT and then get a "real" board...whew...impuse passed.
me too. I'll just have to wait to see what else develops. Interesting deal though.

I think you get BF2 and the motherboard for free, thats such a hard to deal to lay off of.

I did end up buying a different deal...7800GT OC for $347 from dell home. That's what I'm talking about ;).

You guys keep buying good cards from dell for cheap.. Can i get a link to this? I can't find single cards for sale at the dell website at all.

I'd like a 7800GT in my new rig when I get it a bit after christmas...

nicepun said:
But isn't the 7800GT non-SLI capable????
What?

If you are asking whether or not the gt can do sli....well look at [H]ardOCP's main page and it shows a pair of gt's in sli. The review also tests 2 gts in sli...hope that answeres your question.

nicepun said:
But isn't the 7800GT non-SLI capable????
Nah. Some bozo came up with the theory a while back that the 7800GTX would be the only SLi-capable 7-series card. Pretty ludicrous but a lot of folks fell for it. :)

Back