Who wants/is getting a Nexus One when it comes to Verizon? VS Droid?

On Verizon, would you rather have the Droid or Nexus one?

• Nexus One

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Droid

Votes: 29 43.9%

• Total voters
Beef, two things: The new version of BIS has two way Gmail syncing. Delete your gmail account and add it again, it should then mark emails read as you read them on your computer.

Secondly, the Gmail app in android is a true sync. Whatever you do on your phone/computer, it reflects within a minute everywhere.

Beef, two things: The new version of BIS has two way Gmail syncing. Delete your gmail account and add it again, it should then mark emails read as you read them on your computer.

Secondly, the Gmail app in android is a true sync. Whatever you do on your phone/computer, it reflects within a minute everywhere.

SWEET that's good to hear...I just looked at the demo on the Nexus website..you can set labels from the phone HELL YES!

I'll try the BB thing..I have the most recent firmware.

It's not if YOU have the most recent firmware, it's if your carrier implemented it yet or not. BIS is on their end, not yours.

I've got to use both... I am a current iphone guy so the virtual keyboard is much faster for me than the giant sloppy physical one. So with that bias, I say N1(ish); but instead order the HTC revised cut of it out of the UK. Optical instead of physical ball, and a some other improvements.

I'm just happy Verizon has a real phone coming I can use once I'm out of contract now. I'm a google apps guy so this is a switch back I'll be very pleased to make.

If only they would've left the battery and backplate alone...how incredible you would have been.

It's not if YOU have the most recent firmware, it's if your carrier implemented it yet or not. BIS is on their end, not yours.

I just deleted and re-entered my Gmail address and it didn't work...cleared items in my Gmail account still show as unread on my phone...fucking Verizon. Jesus Christ.

Do you have your Gmail set up as POP or IMAP?

I don't know and I don't know how to find out....I just went into email settings, logged in using the user name I've set, deleted and then re-entered the account.

I too was considering the N1 and Droid. What made up my mind was cost. $19.99 for Droid and probably at least $200 or more for the Incredible/N1.

I've gotta say that coming from an iphone, I'm digging this keyboard and have become quite proficient with it.

Thus far, I have zero regrets and extremely pleased with the Droid.

OFFICIALLY supported, as in Google won't set it up for you. You have to set it up on your BIS web log-in, not through your phone. It's quite simple really.

OFFICIALLY supported, as in Google won't set it up for you. You have to set it up on your BIS web log-in, not through your phone. It's quite simple really.

Yeah it basically means they offer no official support meaning if you fuck it up dont call them.

What bigbeef seems to be describing is basic pop3 functionality. Its funny because what he is complaining about is easy as hell to fix.

Under your gmail settings in the Forwarding and POP tab go to.

Q5u9n.png

and change it to,

E3UmU.png

No, no no no. That's NOT what Beef is looking for. On Blackberries on the old BIS, there was only one way syncing under IMAP. The recent BIS version supports two way, full sync. He just has to make sure it's set up correctly.

Edit: Beef, looks like the feature wasn't implemented as of yet. Being rolled out SOMETIME during Spring 2010.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB20613

Last edited:
No, no no no. That's NOT what Beef is looking for. On Blackberries on the old BIS, there was only one way syncing under IMAP. The recent BIS version supports two way, full sync. He just has to make sure it's set up correctly.

Edit: Beef, looks like the feature wasn't implemented as of yet. Being rolled out SOMETIME during Spring 2010.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB20613

And is there any reason why he cant simply enable this option and use pop3? It should fix his issues entirely. I have yet to see a BB that dont support pop3 email.

Did you... happen to click the link in my post? It's being rolled out within the month?

I took my Zune HD running today. Um...yeah...it's going to be a challenge to see w/ a glare, haha. Any current Nexus/Moment/AMOLED users out there care to weigh in?

FWIW, I was ok by turning my back and covering the screen, but it was kinda annoying.

I have read that the Nexus One uses the cheapest class of AMOLED available. The pentile display is supposed to be comparatively inferior to the Droid in terms of the rendition of text/font and straight lines, though superior for video playback. I have read that the screen of the Droid is just plain sharper, and have read a few negative comments about the Nexus One looking washed out even compared to other AMOLEDs. Having seen both screens side-by-side I prefer the screen of the Droid by a good margin since it's just more usable.

Did you... happen to click the link in my post? It's being rolled out within the month?

Still dont exist... If he wants to fix the issue use pop 3 then switch back when they fix the issue.

Its not rocket science.

Thanks for the tips....I wish companies would just provide dates...even a month. "Spring" is still broad...the N1 is coming to Verizon in the "Spring". I would bet the last day of Spring...The BlackBerry update will probably come out the day after I buy an N1 :)

Gmail supports POP3 and IMAP but not for BlackBerries, as it clearly states in the links I provided. It really annoys my tits when I can read emails on a computer, but I have to go back to my phone to clear them all again.

This poll is interesting...the Droid seems to be holding up well to the N1.

The N1 I briefly played with was at a T-Mobile store (inside) and it was at night (if that matters) and I thought the screen looked fine and vibrant to me. I'm sure there's a brightness setting anyway, thought that won't necessarily make it look more vibrant.

I love my nexus one however there is one major gripe. Dust under the screen. Some are estimating 10-30% have the problem, however they will replace as this is covered under 1 year warranty.

From the looks of it the Incredible will be out before the Nexus One is, even tho it's just a variant of it, but at 'least you can just mosey on over to the store and figure it out yourself... Wish I had that option.

Back