Who here still remembers that case modder Defyant?

Kuyt

Gawd
Here's his Photobucket:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Defyantmods/

I've checked his accounts around forums, he usually posts a bunch of pics of his amazing mods and then goes on a long hiatus, like with his account on [H].

Apparently he got caught up with his son on WoW :mad:. Some people thought he was dead or something had happened to him lol. His latest mod with the 900 is great, glad to know he's still doing his thing.

uh, he couldent have dissapeared that long ago, thats pretty recent hardware lol

now, you talk to me about uller, or kitty etc... thats in the long long ago lol

Here's mine I did probably close to 4 years ago:

mobo_1.jpg

a Little closer....

mobo_2.jpg

But yes, Defyant's always had brilliant mods, thought he did a number of the older HP-style OEM boxes on custom pedestals, they came out very nice :)

Ah, good to hear he is still going strong.

I'm not really into the modding thing, but Damn, I can really appreciate you guys' talent!!

Those are works of art!

(Big Thumbs Up)!

Here's mine I did probably close to 4 years ago:

mobo_1.jpg

a Little closer....

mobo_2.jpg

But yes, Defyant's always had brilliant mods, thought he did a number of the older HP-style OEM boxes on custom pedestals, they came out very nice :)

Ah, good to hear he is still going strong.

I like the 'hard' plumbing!!

@ DarthBeavis: As that rig was pictured there, it made it to top 7 in the world in 3dMark Hall of Fame.

It was running a 3.2gig Northwood at 4.8gig or thereabouts, on an Abit IC7-Max3 board, 6800GTX gfx, and if you look in detail, right next to the reservoir, you might see the auto-regulated VTT control circuit I constructed for memory vtt control.

Here's a closeup of that mod:

VTT_mod1.jpg

Here's a shot showing backside cabling:

new_back.jpg

Vapo was modified to keep that Northie under -30deg C under full load - not bad for the time.

Oh yes, it was also my 24/7 rig :)

Your new system looking very nice though, I am doing something similar to a G5 Apple case with the Asus Z7S - look in the worklog section...

Okay, I am way off-topic, soz guys, just got nostalgic for a moment there.

@ DarthBeavis: As that rig was pictured there, it made it to top 7 in the world in 3dMark Hall of Fame.

It was running a 3.2gig Northwood at 4.8gig or thereabouts, on an Abit IC7-Max3 board, 6800GTX gfx, and if you look in detail, right next to the reservoir, you might see the auto-regulated VTT control circuit I constructed for memory vtt control.

Here's a closeup of that mod:

VTT_mod1.jpg

Here's a shot showing backside cabling:

new_back.jpg

Vapo was modified to keep that Northie under -30deg C under full load - not bad for the time.

Oh yes, it was also my 24/7 rig :)

Your new system looking very nice though, I am doing something similar to a G5 Apple case with the Asus Z7S - look in the worklog section...

Okay, I am way off-topic, soz guys, just got nostalgic for a moment there.

Nvidia SLI rig of the Month April 2007 ;) Love modded vaps
I am in the process of rebuilding Hellmouth now with a QX9650 and TRI SLI'd 8800 GTXs . . .then it is up for sale

Nice setup on that lili mang.

uh, he couldent have dissapeared that long ago, thats pretty recent hardware lol

now, you talk to me about uller, or kitty etc... thats in the long long ago lol

Who?

Back