Who else has had the shit scared out them with doom3?

[RIP]Zeus

2[H]4U
like the title says
i been playing about 30 min here and there. this game is scaring the piss outa me....who else feels the same way? :eek:

i was just about to make a post about that actually.
had all the lights off and actually had to stop playing.
get soo imersed in the game.

thing that freaked me out the most is that one hissy voice you hear...
savvveeeeeeee mee.......
:shudders:

i love this game!

The first time I played, I played for about 20 minutes before I got killed by an imp. I was like "f*ck that shit" and quit for the night.

couple nights ago when i got it i sat down and my dad and bro watched... i played for two hours and had to just get up and leave cause i couldn't take it anymore. I can't play the game for any extended amount of time without me feeling like i'm ready to vomit

bealzz said:
i was just about to make a post about that actually.
had all the lights off and actually had to stop playing.
get soo imersed in the game.

thing that freaked me out the most is that one hissy voice you hear...
savvveeeeeeee mee.......
:shudders:

i love this game!

Awww why the hell not. Start another thread! Go for it! You'll only be Doom 3 Thread number 1,234,239!!!!!11

i have never been this scared in my life from a game before, i honestly have to take breaks

its not really the monsters that get me scared ...its the point when u r about to enter a room and all u see is darkness and hear noises............also the fact that u cant have your flashlight and a weapon @ the same time makes it even worse.................. :D

i played for like 20 - 30 min, then stopped. The game really gets u goin! I still havnt decided weather or not that is a good thing...

This is the only game I've EVER played that has me jumping, and afraid to open a door to a new room. :eek:

It's scary. But it's really choppy.. my computer is too slow for the game! Lol... playing it at 640x480 medium.

The scariest part was a door opening for me, I didn't expect it cos I wasn't paying attention lol.

Question for those who have gotten somewhat further into the game: Is the rest of the game like the beginning, meaning all rushed where I'm constanly moving from room to room or does it slow down? I'm barely into the game but so far I'm not likeing it very much.

[RIP]Zeus said:
i have never been this scared in my life from a game before, i honestly have to take breaks

ahaaha

you and me both man... I can't even make a full hour run without saying "damn, I need a break from this creepy creepy atmosphere"

I have to take breathers after every encounter. I always get freaked whenever I have to listen to something on the PDA. Too paranoid that something will catch me off guard.

I wish i was scared... i'm a big horror buff, and get scared from movies and books all the time, but games never scare me. I'm sitting here infront of the monitor at 1920x1200, in a completely dark room with headsets and nobody else around, and i still can't be scared.

But if i was to pop in the Exorcist or The Ring now (1:30am), i would need to carry a weapon with me to the washroom if i had to piss.

CRXican said:
Question for those who have gotten somewhat further into the game: Is the rest of the game like the beginning, meaning all rushed where I'm constanly moving from room to room or does it slow down? I'm barely into the game but so far I'm not likeing it very much.

ditto, i really like far cry alot more than this at the moment, but i cant pass any judgements cause im not far at all.

I was just playing in my room, in the dark with my headphones on. I had to stop playing... I had the shit scared out of my twice in a row, and said that's enough and saved the game.

I really don't think I've ever been so scared of a game in my entire life. The only time that remotely comes close would be with either of the original two Doom games.

i keep spooking myself, by backing into doors and freaking out :eek:

these little spider things are crazy too, they just keep coming :mad: :mad:

trying to open a door, with some giant fist slamming out at me made me almost pee my pants. that was the best part of the game so far :p

I almost shat myself playing. I'm on a 70" plasma TV, surround sound, 1600x1200 res on Ultra (bought that FX-53 and 6800U for a reason). The scariest moment so far has been when I opened a door and one of those fireball thower monsters leaped at me. I fell back in my recliner and dropped my keyboard when that happened!

moralpanic said:
But if i was to pop in the Exorcist or The Ring now (1:30am), i would need to carry a weapon with me to the washroom if i had to piss.

Dont joke about that. After I saw The Ring I slept with my pistol out on my night table. That movie scared the piss out of me.

NotChunks said:
I almost shat myself playing. I'm on a 70" plasma TV, surround sound, 1600x1200 res on Ultra (bought that FX-53 and 6800U for a reason). The scariest moment so far has been when I opened a door and one of those fireball thower monsters leaped at me. I fell back in my recliner and dropped my keyboard when that happened!

Dont joke about that. After I saw The Ring I slept with my pistol out on my night table. That movie scared the piss out of me.

LOL who's joking? That example came to mind because i did!

I'm on my first official break now right. I'm a bout 30 minutes in and this game is scary the shit out of me. It not the fact that demons come walking at you, its that you stand somewhere clearing a room thinking its clear, then like 30 seconds later.. like 2 dude pop out of the pitch black wall and start laying the smack down...

I feel like hiring a brave soul to beat the game for me and give me the metal.. like "YES YES I DID IT! I BEAT DOOM 3!" really i didn't nothing :/ lol. Once the scare factor wears off I'll be about it. I had to go play City of Heroes for about an hour to get myself out of the OMFG THE BOOGIE MAN IS EATING ME ALIVE mode.

There were several moments where I jumped ! The game is really starting to get good. I just entered the Alpha Labs. The soldiers and imps are very well done. They sound like the original dooms. I can't wait to see the cherubs.

It hasn't SCARED me, but the atmosphere is creepy and immersive. It kinda reminds me of Resident Evil.

Pwnage has a new name: Doom 3.

*raises hand*

i'm gonna go curl into a little ball now. i had to seriously tell myself "it's just a fucking game asshole" a few times... then get all pumped up like "RAAAAAR!!!"

the thing that impresses me the most about this game is that....

spoiler maybe

you always find yourself running relatively low on ammo. you've never lived till you've had to fist fight a pinky demon *or whatever new demon dog it is now*

I wish i was scared... i'm a big horror buff, and get scared from movies and books all the time, but games never scare me. I'm sitting here infront of the monitor at 1920x1200, in a completely dark room with headsets and nobody else around, and i still can't be scared.

I'm the exact opposite, when I watched the ring the first time, i was laughing when that girl came out of the tv in the end. Whenever I play AVP2, i do indeed have to carry my 9mm if i need to go to the bathroom or the kitchen for somthing.

well i must agree that game atmosphere is DAMN scary. The mood of the game is excellently done, reminds me of playing the original UNREAL in a dark room with headsets and in some tunnel the lights went off one by one...) anyway i had to stop last night as well because i was too jumpy in the end... sheeesh OWEVER (there is always a BUT or a HOWEVER) the game is too damn fast i mean i am in the beginning still (forgot to save) so i am actually not yet back at marine HQ after the shit starts to hit the fan and i have just been shooting like hell around running like crazy .. i would love to view more.. so far the visually WHOA effect was better in FarCry... So please someone answer the question, does it stay like this thru the whole game.

PS: the part where that hand comes out from the door , that was some nice effect geezas heheeh my head popped up like "holy shit" ... if you are not paying too much attention , THAT point will definately get it.

is there a way to hold the flashlight and a weapon at hte same time..........cause that would be real nice................

What a bunch of p*ssies lol. The game wasn't scary at all, too predictable. However, you will appreciate the games graphics more as you get further along--they are better than Far Cry (even I was a naysayer at first).

damn, i got freaked out whenever the fist was slamming on the door, whenever the imps arm bust the door part open and started reaching through it, at the creepy voices that say wierd shit, and whenever thos imps and multiheaded imps jump at me from a dark room that i just opened the door to.

and when you first encounter the spiders and they have their mummies and what not.

good job id! next time i see any of the id guys, ill have to heap my compliments on them, and then ask them to sign my doom 3 box :D

hi guyz can we carry SHOTGUN ATTACHED with FLASH LIGHT? its would be so awesome

you wussies and your wanting guns and a flashlight.

just melee em with the flashlight. :p

i had the same feeling with Opposing Force... i think with halflife and cs and the others

opposing force was really sickish... the shootin and nasty aliens.... uughh, i couldnt stand it

i played it about three times in my life... the first two times i played... i got really nauseuos and dizzy and stopped and about 30 min later i threw up... for the first AND second time, throwing up... third time was recently, i decide to play it again and i got woozy and nauseous and sick and felt like throwing up again so i stopped and lied down and drank some warm water

that game makes me SICK... and i threw up twice from it... yuck

so i uninstalled it, lol

actually i love those dudes carrying SHOTGUNs with FLASH ATTACHED to it like in Counter STrike.

Back