Who else has an SSD that died?

Has an SSD died on you?

• Total voters
Most people report the drive being totally unreadable. It either reports a very small size ( a few MB) or it does not show up at all.

i used the program to write zeros all sectors. mine just stop accepting writing to it. i could only read. my old harddrive worked but the ssd didn't. ssds are different than hds.

Mine started randomly rebooting. Read and writes were progressively getting slower and slower to the point where the system would lock completely up if the pagefile got a big hit. Then right before it hit my windows appeared to "break" aero among other things, and clicking anything was a nogo. Upon shutdown it disappeared from the bios. Only with the jumper on is it seen, but it won't secure_erase or flash, it gives error. Writing to it is dead. Sall good in the hood, warranty baby :)

I'm just waiting now for these new ones to get out they keep draggin.

Last edited:
My Vertex2 is going strong and fast, it's fine *touch wood*. It is however only 6 months old.

I had an Intel X25M 80GB die on me. One of their earlier G1 drives croaked. However it wasn't totally Intel's fault, the hot swap back plane in my Corsair Obsidian 800D fried. Actually I'm not sure which component fried which, but Intel replaced my drive with no questions asked and even upgraded me to a G2 drive which has been running strong ever since.

I had one Samsung 64GB SLC SSD abruptly die during operation (causing BSOD). The drive would thereonafter detect but any attempt at data access would freeze the computer. The other Samsung SSD, same model, works fine. So much for SLC being more dependable than MLC - it's really more about the reliability of the logic chips, IMO.

All of my Intel X25-Ms are still going strong. 1 40gb, 3 80gb G2s, and 1 160gb G2.

Back