Which video card is teh better one

Firebat said:
So, damn back to square one between the 6800GS and the X800GTO.

Which one is it easier to unlock the pipes on?

Go witht he 6800gs AGP the ATI card is last gen doesn't have SM3 support while the GS will support purevideo h.264 hardware ecode.

I normally would say the ATI cards last gen are great cards still but Nvidia has decently priced cards for AGP that support and perform fine. Buying the ATI card you will never get better performance with updated drivers. You also can hope you can unlock it and overclock it to get similar performance to the higher end cards if you like hedging your bets and your money.

6800GS is one the best cards Nvidia has out right now for money/performance

Oh and if your upgrading your mobo too soon you might want to just wait and see if you can find that evga 7800gt + sli mobo deal for 350 or so.

I would also check the for sale forum for used cards you might find some 6800gt's or ATI cards in there for a better price maybe with a new mobo cpu too :).

Humble_Magii said:
Go witht he 6800gs AGP the ATI card is last gen doesn't have SM3 support while the GS will support purevideo h.264 hardware ecode.

I normally would say the ATI cards last gen are great cards still but Nvidia has decently priced cards for AGP that support and perform fine. Buying the ATI card you will never get better performance with updated drivers. You also can hope you can unlock it and overclock it to get similar performance to the higher end cards if you like hedging your bets and your money.

6800GS is one the best cards Nvidia has out right now for money/performance

You skipped over a few posts bud.

Humble_Magii said:
Oh and if your upgrading your mobo too soon you might want to just wait and see if you can find that evga 7800gt + sli mobo deal for 350 or so.

I would also check the for sale forum for used cards you might find some 6800gt's or ATI cards in there for a better price maybe with a new mobo cpu too :).

eh, i have a socket 478 proccessor.

Thanks for all the Help. I guess i will go with the

X800GTO. It's just under 200$ and there is hope for me to unlock thouse extra pipes.

Once again thanks for all your replies.

Firebat said:
Mabey there are some better options i will wait a while.

I would wait Intel has some slightly interesting things coming down the pipe especially the new mobos as well as AMD then summer or fall DX10 cards probably so..

Back