• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which torrent program for Win7 64bit?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
6,004
I usually run uTorrent.... has anyone tried it with Win7 64bit or is there anything better?
 
uTorrent is the only bittorrent app worth your time and the majority of the people here will agree. Ignore the others. ;)
 
Pretty much what I figured guys and pretty much all I have ever used. Do they specific 64bit version?
 
I don't recall utorrent crashing on me, ever. It runs great on x64 as a 32 bit app.
 
I've used uTorrent, Bitcomet and others; but prefer using the Opera (web browser) integrated torrent support-- no separate program with obnoxious advertising.
 
uTorrent is the only bittorrent app worth your time and the majority of the people here will agree. Ignore the others. ;)

I don't recall utorrent crashing on me, ever. It runs great on x64 as a 32 bit app.

µtorrent. Nothing else is close.

I concur with the others.

^^^ Now close this thread before anybody else comes in and say elsewise.

Note: Looks like I'm too late :(
 
I've used uTorrent, Bitcomet and others; but prefer using the Opera (web browser) integrated torrent support-- no separate program with obnoxious advertising.

Since when does uTorrent have obnoxious advertising? It's also probably lighter than the Opera one...
 
Since when does uTorrent have obnoxious advertising? It's also probably lighter than the Opera one...

Correct on both counts. Not to mention I don't know one private tracker that allows operas client...
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Have to agree. uTorrent is awesome. I used to use Vuze (Azureus) for a while, but it's HUGE compared to uTorrent. :)
 
I use the one in Opera.

May not be such a great one but who cares, it is like once a year (or less) that I ever hit a torrent link.
 
I use the one in Opera.

May not be such a great one but who cares, it is like once a year (or less) that I ever hit a torrent link.

Now that I think about it, having one built into the browser is great for people like you who rarely use bittorrent. Kinda does actually makes sense.

My client (uTorrent) is running 24/7 with no less then 100 torrents at any given time so this suits me better.
 
uTorrent with PeerGaurdian for me. All working perfectly on Win7 RTM x64 Ultimate.
 
Back
Top