Which tablet do you recommend?

ipad... no doubt.

Most refined, safe, stable, biggest software selection. Seems like a no brainer. The only real thing I'd be concerned about is putting itunes and every employees computer unless they're going to be syncing them at home.

There is an android setting to show you a full version of a website. There is no such thing on the iPad.

uhhh, yes, there is. Checkout DolphinBrowser (or most any other web browser off the AppStore for that matter)

Any custom applications?

a very good point OP. If you need a custom software application, it might be easier deploying it on an Android device than iOS, although I'm not sure what kind of options Apple gives for using iOS in a corp. environment (using apps outside of the appstore and such)

Not sure from a business standpoint, but my thought would be NOT AN IPAD due to the fact that it won't play nice with Flash

Flash is a non-issue. Most sites encode their videos in both flash and HTML 5 these days... and for the ones that don't, they have dedicated apps.

I suggest you rack up lots of those 99$ touchpad while they last

and what happens if they hire a new employee in a year and need to give him/her a tablet that he can admin along with the rest of the company? Buying a tablet like the touchpad, for a business, seems like a really bad idea (unless HP decides to start making them again)

The above makes no sense at all. Flash is dead? What planet do you live on? Certainly not earth.
Yes, flash IS dead (on mobile devices at least). There is absolutely no reason to have it anymore unless you're on a desktop/laptop... even more so with Adobe AIR.

If you use You tube you can forget an Ipad....

wat? :confused:

Last edited:
My friend just got one, he streams 1080p mkv video (even though the eepad dont have that resolution) to his eepad from his computer wirelessly...works flawlessly, i was really amazed. So somehow i doubt netflix and youtube will be an issue if your internet connection can handle it

on which tablet?

I'd grab the Transformer or Galaxy. Galaxy if you want an iPad running android. If you want functionality over form, the Transformer is the best IMO.

Though I own an iPad2, and use it for work a lot, I recommend the Asus Transformer. And now that they speculate the Transformer2 will be quad core, it seems that it will be one very powerful tablet. I will definitely be getting one of them.

There's a rumor going around that there will be Windows 8 tablets available for sale running the Windows 8 beta starting in January that will he upgradable to RTM version when ready. This actually makes a lot of sense particularly when it comes to ARM devices since currently there are no ARM Windows devices and most certainly they'll need to exist before anyone can develop apps for them.

Flash is a non-issue. Most sites encode their videos in both flash and HTML 5 these days... and for the ones that don't, they have dedicated apps.

Most site uses HTML5? BS! Very few sites use HTML5. Being an Apple fan is fine and all but using BS to promote your favorite toy is not. Apple are draconian control freaks and will never see a penny from me.

Most site uses HTML5? BS! Very few sites use HTML5. Being an Apple fan is fine and all but using BS to promote your favorite toy is not.

Try re-reading what I typed, Chief.

and Yes, most VIDEO sites do stream in both HTML 5 and Flash. Even the adult ones. And for the ones that don't, you can get dedicated apps for it.

Being a fanboy is fine, but using BS to promote your favorite brand, is not ;)

Apple are draconian control freaks and will never see a penny from me.

ummm... go you? congrats? You want a cookie or something?

Back