• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which PSU would you choose?

spr1nt

n00b
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
19
If you had these system specs:

Intel Quad Q6600
2GB RAM
500GB SATA HD
8800 GT
DVDRW

and HAD to choose between these 2 psu's, which one would you pick?

generic 575 watt specs:
+3.3V @ 38A
+5V @ 40A
+12V @ 25A
-5V @ 0.5A
-12V @ 0.8A
+5VSB @ 2A

generic 400 watt specs:
+3.3V @ 20A
+5V @ 14A
+12V1 @ 14A
+12V2 @ 13A
-12V @ 0.3A
+5VSB @ 2.5A
 
What's the +12V combined on the "generic 400 watt". It's not 27A. And it's probably not 25A. So based on the lack of information here, I would say the generic 575W.
 
Im a psu noob. Why isnt the +12V combined on the "generic 400 watt" 27 (14+13)?
 
Im a psu noob. Why isnt the +12V combined on the "generic 400 watt" 27 (14+13)?

Read this FAQ.

If I had to, I'd go for the generic 575W. However I would not bother wasting my money on it an d just wait till I have the cash for a good quality PSU. Buy it nice or buy it twice.
 
Back
Top