Which of these ssd is better?

n00b
I was about to buy a 128gb ssd samsung 830 when the store tell me they can't get it ...
in that store only have these ones that cost about the same as the one I would buy

this 3K HYPERX 120gb

or this Adata ASX900 128gb

what should I buy?
which is better?
which is more stable and has fewer problems with the firmware, TRIM and all that worth mention?
performence?
Thank you for your help.

Get the 830. Everyone and their brother has it online and you can usually find the 128 on-sale for $90-100 (Amazon and Newegg also have the 256 for $169 as well)

yeah, I know that's the best option but, unfortunately where a live we can't buy from amazon or newegg... they don't send to us
online buy its not an option
:(

And those are you only options? Or the only options within your budget? Where are you posting from?

Between the two, I would go with the Kingston. It's pretty reliable for a Sandforce drive.

Yeah, I'd pick the Kingston as well.
OP, can you get a Crucial M4 instead?

or a Plextor M5?

a quick look at the links the OP provided show a marked increace in pricing from the 2 he's asking about to the next tier.

I have (4) of the Kingston HyperX 240GB ssds... couldn't be happier with them

thank you to everybody for all your answers, I think that, kingston it's going to be the one that I'll buy then
just curious, you say that teh hyperx are good, but i'm talking about the hyperx 3k, is there any significant difference?
thank to all of you!
and yes I'm from México
yes, there is crucial m4, but is ridiculously expensive

Last edited:
thank you to everybody for all your answers, I think that, kingston it's going to be the one that I'll buy then
just curious, you say that teh hyperx are good, but i'm talking about the hyperx 3k, is there any significant difference?
thank to all of you!
and yes I'm from México
yes, there is crucial m4, but is ridiculously expensive

Hi, 005197503,

Welcome to the [H]ard|Forums.

For information on the Kingston HyperX 3K Series SSD read the [H]ard|OCP review Kingston HyperX 3K Series 240GB SSD Review. It reviews the 240GB version, but will give you a basic idea of the performance of the Series. The 120GB model's performance will probably be a bit slower then the numbers in the review so it won't be an exact match.

Hope this helps.

Chuklr

Back