Which Motherboard?

JR_Rider

Gawd
My computer has been down for a while, almost a year but i havent cared to fix it since i've had the laptop, but now i want to get it fixed i need a new motherboard, back then i used to play games on it but it costs too much to upgrade and since i have the ps3 im cool, all i do on the computer now is school work, the internet, and photoshop so im looking for a cheap motherboard that will work, you can see what i had before in my sig, which is whats currently sitting in the case in the closet, last time i upgraded was around the time DOOM 3 came out

thanks in advance

If all you're doing is school work, I'd get a new motherboard and possibly some more memory (I'd go with probably 1 or 2GB total). A 3500+ should be fine. I still use Athlon XP's as office machines.

yea school work and such, the most stressing thing i do on it is probably photoshop which isnt much, and naa not a whole new computer just another motherboard and probably 2 gigs of memory upgrade, memory reccomendation would be nice too

Any 2x1GB DDR400 kit should be fine. You're not after ridiculous timings and bandwidth, so I'd just get a value kit. Even if you OC, you should be fine running a divider.

Back